Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Handreading International Conference 2024
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2024 12:17 am by Lynn

» I am a doctor: will I have marriage and children?
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 11:44 am by daskell

» Can anyone read it for me?
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 7:59 am by amit_plawat

» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Square on Marriage line
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 42 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 42 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47499 messages in 4940 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lynn
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Voting17Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Voting19Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Voting18 
amit_plawat
Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Voting17Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Voting19Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Voting18 
daskell
melodystarly523405

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand.

+6
Patti
zaobhand
anand_palm
Laurah
Ramann
Kiran.Katawa
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Empty Re: Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand.

Post  tap Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:49 pm

So are you meaning that the start of the head line is more important? I guess the start of the life line then needs to be considered too. Wouldn't connecting to the life line have an influence? Is that secondary?
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 Empty Re: Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand.

Post  zaobhand Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:51 pm

I've seen people with high originating headlines attached to lifeline which fit the bill, and others with separate head and life line who don't fit that much. I guess both need to be considered. I'm still exploring this.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:09 pm

I think I am following this. How much does the index verses thumb energy affect the thinking and then how does the connection to the life line affect the thinking. When you say "fit the bill" what exactly do you mean?
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:12 pm

By fitting the bill, I mean the traditional interpretation of independent thinking etc. The higher the headline the more independent and possibly less traditional the thinking could be. I've really just begun exploring this, so can't say too much.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Okay, thank you.
I guess another layer is the mounts and fingers themselves.....etc. Really makes defining traits complicated.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramann Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 pm

As Tap says, we can't really trust self-reporting completely. I think we learn more from the repetition of seeing the same features in a variety of people's hands and hearing all the feedback from the various perspectives and then looking for the commonality or underlying common indications. It can't really be black and white because there is no "one size fits all", the shades of gray, or rather shades of the rainbow come from combinations.

Hello Patti,

I am contradicting here.Barnum effect is what is new to me but not the feeling that probably that is to some extent works for readers.Nevertheless I am one of the herd and not ashamed though.But I think to look through a skeptics eyes is what takes the best out in a discussion.

Like the parts in bold if you see first sentence opines that we look for repetitions by various means and make it fit all....Right..And we make the same set of rules for everyone and try establish rules for palmistry..

And the second part says that we can not make Palmistry fit for all.Which I also believe..So in such cases the analysis depends on the expertise of the palmist what he/she has gained through what ever means in his/her life time.He/she may be amazingly correct in analysis but that is some thing that is too personal that can not be repeated and make fit for all....

Nobis

Ramann
Ramann

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Hello all

I wa thinking about it when i was writing about life line what it could really mean, this is waht i iam thinking, could it be how we go through the process of moving from or looking into how we make decisions from our individuality to responsibility. Could it indicate that, i hope some inputs can be got into this. The reason is both heart and head line transit from subcncious to concious and other way and gives an indication about it, but what should be the line which is indicative of what happens in the conscious zone epspcially when conflicts between responsibility and individuality come.

I hope i get answers on this.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:24 pm

tap wrote:Hi
Been thinking about this thread, and I would like to edit my original statement for what the gap between the head line and life line means. I want to change it to; it represents thinking different from the people in your environment. Kiran, would you change that in your summary? Also, the statements made concerning the heart line should probably be added to the summary in a new section.

I don't think we can attribute it to 'different' thinking as they may at times participate in activities that involve like minded people. It's not about being different, or a rebel.

I think as the lines are pulled up toward the index you are looking to how much confidence is behind a person's thought process and resulting actions. It takes either courage or a carefree nature to follow one's own mindset or heart rather than go with the group, team, family, partnership, tradition etc. Pulled toward the thumb these lines show influence from family, peers, environment etc.

The beginnings of these lines are established before birth and would show pyschological patterns passed down for generations the "our family does it this way" attitude "and we've done it for generations" etc. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Branches and other creases become stronger as we develop and respond to life, building avenues for growth and for defense mechanisms. These lines/branches pull upward or downward based on influence, emphasis and long term attitudes.

When these are separate, it shows the mind of a person has been allowed to be free to think on their own. Less branches attaching it to the life line, the more freedom. Less worry/influence lines radiating to the life line from thumb would add a lack of awareness of other's projections into their lives. Empathy lines, healer's markings, and influence lines would add balance and show concern for other people's needs.

Everything has to be read in combination. So many things repeat themselves which helps us look for confirmation. Each aspect that add confirmation adds its own 'flavor' changing things a bit. By looking at these together, we can see 'how' something is expressed by its owner.

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Nice reply, Patti Thumb up
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Ramann wrote:
As Tap says, we can't really trust self-reporting completely. I think we learn more from the repetition of seeing the same features in a variety of people's hands and hearing all the feedback from the various perspectives and then looking for the commonality or underlying common indications. It can't really be black and white because there is no "one size fits all", the shades of gray, or rather shades of the rainbow come from combinations.

Hello Patti,

I am contradicting here.Barnum effect is what is new to me but not the feeling that probably that is to some extent works for readers.Nevertheless I am one of the herd and not ashamed though.But I think to look through a skeptics eyes is what takes the best out in a discussion.

Like the parts in bold if you see first sentence opines that we look for repetitions by various means and make it fit all....Right..And we make the same set of rules for everyone and try establish rules for palmistry..

And the second part says that we can not make Palmistry fit for all.Which I also believe..So in such cases the analysis depends on the expertise of the palmist what he/she has gained through what ever means in his/her life time.He/she may be amazingly correct in analysis but that is some thing that is too personal that can not be repeated and make fit for all....

Nobis

I think you are agreeing with what I said, and I don't get the contradicting part. Very Happy

Using myself as an example, I think if someone were listening to a recording of a reading I've done, they will be able to follow the connections I'm making and how it is all relevant. During a reading, there is a sort of flow where one thought leads you to look for back up and confirmation and then in the process of combining these features, there is an insight, and that insight makes you go look for another group of combinations to confirm or expound upon.... it's like a piece of art or a tapestry of someone's life that is coming together in a story. Because of the nature of a reading and how what you find in the hands controls where you go with your interpretations, along with experience and knowledge, I don't even think many readers can repeat their own readings exactly the same. (unless they limit themselves to a basic system that doesn't allow for blending or shades of gray)
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:40 pm

zaobhand wrote:Nice reply, Patti Thumb up

Thanks!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Ramann wrote:I am contradicting here.Barnum effect is what is new to me but not the feeling that probably that is to some extent works for readers.Nevertheless I am one of the herd and not ashamed though.But I think to look through a skeptics eyes is what takes the best out in a discussion.

Herd mentality does have a negative connotation to it. There are times or lifestyles where being loyal to the team effort is important. A medical team performing surgery, a swat team closing in on a suspect or a multi performer dance performance, as just a few examples.

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi Patti

Thanks for explaining the meaning of the head line and life line gap. I had been thinking that the confidence trait was increased by the line being pulled up to the index finger. So the gap represents confidence.

I really want to learn how to combine the aspects of the hands, as you say, like putting together a tapestry. I appreciate learning all the different aspects. Being on the first step, learning exactly what the attributes mean, is a difficult process for me due to my subjectivity and my lack of looking at numerous hands (which I am trying to do more of) Every time I think I have a good understanding of the meanings of the traits of the hands, they seem to somehow need tweaking in a way. Although I feel the change is not really drastic, so I feel close to reconciling a lot of them.

“I don't think we can attribute it to 'different' thinking as they may at times participate in activities that involve like minded people. It's not about being different, or a rebel.”
I did not mean to apply rebel to the thinking differently. I guess I was using the term “different” in a synonymous way for independent. Which I realize is not synonymous. I just meant different, as in not thinking like the crowd/herd.

I definitly believe in genetics. As far as genetics go, I have not seen this gap in any other family member’s hands (back to grandparents). My mother has seperate head and life lines on both her hands. (Also, his stuttering is genetic. My husband and my husband’s father shuttered when they were young.)

Last edited by tap on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:28 pm

I have just returned from 2 weeks away in Turkey. I will need to re-read it before making a comment but just wanted to note that this is a really interesting discussion Difference on "Independence" Markers and "Sensitivity" Markers in Hand. - Page 4 898444
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:45 pm

Patti
The genetic part is right! Thumbs up! I just pulled up my mother's hands that I had on file from a couple of years ago. She has the separate head and life lines on both hands! I can't believe I didn't remember that, but it was so long ago that I took a good look at them. At the time I was more focused on my father's hands which both have the simian line.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:08 am

tap wrote:Hi Patti

Thanks for explaining the meaning of the head line and life line gap. I had been thinking that the confidence trait was increased by the line being pulled up to the index finger. So the gap represents confidence.

I really want to learn how to combine the aspects of the hands, as you say, like putting together a tapestry. I appreciate learning all the different aspects. Being on the first step, learning exactly what the attributes mean, is a difficult process for me due to my subjectivity and my lack of looking at numerous hands (which I am trying to do more of) Every time I think I have a good understanding of the meanings of the traits of the hands, they seem to somehow need tweaking in a way. Although I feel the change is not really drastic, so I feel close to reconciling a lot of them.

“I don't think we can attribute it to 'different' thinking as they may at times participate in activities that involve like minded people. It's not about being different, or a rebel.”
I did not mean to apply rebel to the thinking differently. I guess I was using the term “different” in a synonymous way for independent. Which I realize is not synonymous. I just meant different, as in not thinking like the crowd/herd.

I definitly believe in genetics. As far as genetics go, I have not seen this gap in any other family member’s hands (back to grandparents). My mother has seperate head and life lines on both her hands. (Also, his stuttering is genetic. My husband and my husband’s father shuttered when they were young.)

Hi Tap,

I remember once Christopher Jones pointed out that nothing means anything. There is no 'meaning' to the markings in the hands. We give the features 'meaning' or indications.

I think it's something beyond meaning that we are applying. We are applying personality traits, behaviors, preferences and much more to individual features. There are so many nuances that can change the essence of a marking.

A strong diagonal head line is different from a horizontal or curved one that is separate from the life line.

Confidence would only be assigned to a head line separate from the life line if other qualities are present that show confidence as well. It can show free spirit. Independent thinking. Lone wolf. and happy go lucky, care free types too, or none of these and something not yet described. It's like mixing colors.

I think the very best way to learn the difference is looking at lots of hands and observing the people with the features and how it plays out differently in each individual.

Everything confirms or changes something else.

That's cool you found your mother has the separated head and life lines, too. Gives you some qualities to compare between your son and his grandma!

sunny
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:51 am

Hello Patti

I agree with you on your statement about how to learn differences in hand. I do have seen some people with life and head line gap with various index finger print combinations and it looks like they tend to observe more and come to their own conclusion using that observation.

Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 am

tap wrote:Hi Patti

Hi Tap, I have gone thru and going thru combining aspects of the hand.
Couple of things, I could suggest, from my experience, are:
Grasp the basics thoroughly. Read as many books & blogs as possible. In this way, you'll see the feature in different angles. The connection automatically starts happening, 'coz, there would be plenty of info in your conscius mind running around. As you see a particular feature, automatically, all the info related to it tries coming to the front. Then, you can combine them and tell the things. I hope, this helps you.

You can very well do it here on the forum. You have the freedom to reply at your convenience and have time and no pressure to combine the features. So, practice it.

As you start mastering the basics, get Barnum also in your mind. He will help you and guide you to get specific Smile

Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 am

Wealth of info Patti. Thank you so much.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Wow, all I can say is this thread has so much to gain from it. Kiran I am so glad you started this thread and I feel everyone has given so much information on how to determine the “Difference on “Independence” Markers and “Sensitivity” Markers in Hand. For me personally, it is appreciated/cherished. Patti your input is so enlightening to me (especially with the genetics aspect). sunny I feel somewhat at a loss of words. Hand reading is so amazing!
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:34 pm

tap wrote:Kiran I am so glad you started this thread and I feel everyone has given so much information on how to determine the “Difference on “Independence” Markers and “Sensitivity” Markers in Hand. For me personally, it is appreciated/cherished.

Thank you tap. Can't agree more with you.
I am more clear on the independence types reflected from the separation of head-heart lines to that of the one from Mercury standing out. Thanks! to all the participants.

Don't you think we moved one stage nearer to being specific on the Barnum scale Wink

We need more of these kind of conversations on this forum.
Raman(Nobis) also have started a post on "Regarding the Thumb". It would be great if we post our views there too.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Kiran.Katawa wrote:
Wealth of info Patti. Thank you so much.

Thank you Kiran! sunny
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:49 pm

tap wrote:Wow, all I can say is this thread has so much to gain from it. Kiran I am so glad you started this thread and I feel everyone has given so much information on how to determine the “Difference on “Independence” Markers and “Sensitivity” Markers in Hand. For me personally, it is appreciated/cherished. Patti your input is so enlightening to me (especially with the genetics aspect). sunny I feel somewhat at a loss of words. Hand reading is so amazing!

Do I recognize *passion* here happy yel
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Kiran
"Don't you think we moved one stage nearer to being specific on the Barnum scale

We need more of these kind of conversations on this forum.
Raman(Nobis) also have started a post on "Regarding the Thumb". It would be great if we post our views there too.”

I think so Very Happy The thumb thread is sounds like another great thread Very Happy

Patti
" Do I recognize *passion* here "

Yes I can’t stop now!!! happy yel I might have to wait for my head to stop reeling though lol.

EDIT: It stopped Wink
happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel happy yel
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 am

Hi Kiran
I was just reading through this thread again and remembered I wanted to ask you if you could elaborate more the the differences you gleaned from this thread.

Thank you tap. Can't agree more with you.
I am more clear on the independence types reflected from the separation of head-heart lines to that of the one from Mercury standing out.

Last edited by tap on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote box)
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next