Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Handreading International Conference 2024
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Today at 10:38 am by Lynn

» Can anyone read it for me?
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Today at 7:59 am by amit_plawat

» I am a doctor: will I have marriage and children?
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Today at 7:58 am by amit_plawat

» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Square on Marriage line
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Third Phalange of Thumb Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47496 messages in 4940 subjects
Top posting users this month
amit_plawat
Third Phalange of Thumb Voting17Third Phalange of Thumb Voting19Third Phalange of Thumb Voting18 
Lynn
Third Phalange of Thumb Voting17Third Phalange of Thumb Voting19Third Phalange of Thumb Voting18 
melodystarly523405

Top posting users this week
amit_plawat
Lynn

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Third Phalange of Thumb

3 posters

Go down

Third Phalange of Thumb Empty Third Phalange of Thumb

Post  Kiran.Katawa Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi,

The following pics are that of thumbs. Pls ignore the variance in size.
1st pic has the 3rd phalange.
2nd pic doesn't have 3rd phalange. The strong horizontal line present in the 2nd pic is not a divider, but, instead a bar on the 2nd phalange.

My qtn is: What does the presence of a 3rd phalange( Is it called 3rd phalange) on thumb indicate?

Third Phalange of Thumb Thumb_11

Third Phalange of Thumb Thumb_12
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Third Phalange of Thumb Empty Re: Third Phalange of Thumb

Post  Patti Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Biologically it is labeled as an 'extra crease'. In the smaller lower photo, there is a tiny oblique crease. This being a short angled crease touching 'family line' from inside thumb plus two extra creases.

Normally there is one crease that forms for the distal interphalangeal crease and two creases for the proximal interphalangeal. So these are 'extra creases'.

It's not a 3rd phalange. Phalanges involve sections of bones with joints dividing them.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:51 am

Okay. So, in the 1st pic, the person has 2 family lines, which are overlapping with each other.
What does this family line indicate? and what are indications if there are 2 of them, which generally is the case as I see.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:11 am

I would discuss with the hand owner their attitude about commitment and loyalty to family and their preference to live close to family and their influence, or move far away.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:42 am

Okay. Thanks Patti.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 am

Kiran.Katawa wrote:Okay. Thanks Patti.

I've noticed that people with weaker family lines tend to take a distance from people that try to control their lives or they disagree with. Deeper family lines are on very close knit families.

I have seen conflicting markings on people who avoid one group of people but are very close to another - like in-laws vs. blood relatives. And even sometimes closer to in-laws! That is what I wonder about the 1st example. Do they have a 'family' that isn't exactly related?
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:59 am

Hi Patti,

What markings are the "conflicting markings"?

Yes, I know him. This is his background: He is grown up in a joint family and the whole family strength is around 20-25! His father's elder brother holds the major responsibility of the family and he is bit controlling on this guy's family. Now, this guy and his siblings have finsihed good education and are moved to a far away city for employment( all are in same city and living together). Mother keeps visiting them and going back. However, the father is still in the native and looking after the business.
Effectively, as you said: "They do have a 'family' that isn't exactly related".
I hope, my interpretation of "is not exactly related" is same as you meant. That's why I gave the background.

B.t.w. what does having 2 proximal interphalanges creases indicate, as is the case in 1.
Do they have 2 families? or like a split family at different locations?
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Kiran.Katawa wrote:Hi Patti,

What markings are the "conflicting markings"?

Yes, I know him. This is his background: He is grown up in a joint family and the whole family strength is around 20-25! His father's elder brother holds the major responsibility of the family and he is bit controlling on this guy's family. Now, this guy and his siblings have finsihed good education and are moved to a far away city for employment( all are in same city and living together). Mother keeps visiting them and going back. However, the father is still in the native and looking after the business.
Effectively, as you said: "They do have a 'family' that isn't exactly related".
I hope, my interpretation of "is not exactly related" is same as you meant. That's why I gave the background.

B.t.w. what does having 2 proximal interphalanges creases indicate, as is the case in 1.
Do they have 2 families? or like a split family at different locations?

If these creases relate to 'family' then I'd say that cultures can change the meanings.

I tend to read them to reflect a person's attitude toward family. Do they like tight knit families or are they more loners and isolated, is something I read in them.

On this person the lower family lines are broken and chained. This I'd read as not wanting family too involved in their business. The higher up creases (extra creases) are deep and clear which I'd read as very close and bonded to family. That is what I see as conflicting.

Obviously this person seems very committed to his family from what you have said.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:49 am

Patti wrote:

I've noticed that people with weaker family lines tend to take a distance from people that try to control their lives or they disagree with. Deeper family lines are on very close knit families.

I have seen conflicting markings on people who avoid one group of people but are very close to another - like in-laws vs. blood relatives. And even sometimes closer to in-laws! That is what I wonder about the 1st example. Do they have a 'family' that isn't exactly related?

Nice catch Patti Thumbs up!
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:27 am

zaobhand wrote:
Patti wrote:

Nice catch Patti Thumbs up!

It works for Western readings. Smile I'm not sure how it works with Kiran's person.

It seems that the idea of family and extended families working and living together and their working for common support is so very different from the people I am used to reading.

Therefore, I think it must shift in interpretation in another culture.

I would question the person about the idea of sacrificing what they'd like to do in order to support the family and the family business. From the postings I've read, it appears that in the Indian culture all members of the family take on the responsibility of providing what they can. Whereas in Western families the families are more separate units of mom, dad and the kids and although there are family businesses they are less common than people just getting jobs and supporting only themselves or their spouse and kids.

The extra creases form before birth so would not represent a reaction to a situation. But, the family line could show reactions.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:16 am

Hi Patti,
not all the families are joint families here.
Mostly, everyone is tending towards nuclear families now a days. But, atleast, a family will have Father, Mother, Son-Wife and the Kid living together in single home.

From what you have said about this person, sounds correct: The family line is broken. But, the inner line is clear. So, he runs away from those members who are very much controlling on him. And on the other hand he is closer to his family. Let me check his brother's hands too, who have same reaction regarding family.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down