Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines?

+11
iris hadar
sanjeevkumarojha
pravin kumar
anu_d
sv-b
asif amin
Martijn (admin)
Den
Lynn
jeanette
kanwarjeets
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Empty Re: How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines?

Post  sanjeevkumarojha Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:07 am

Good discussion about so called Marriage/Relationship/Affection lines. I see predictive palmistry here has certainly some problem and with time it has to change.

Regds
Sanjeev
sanjeevkumarojha
sanjeevkumarojha

Back to top Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Empty Re: How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines?

Post  Lynn Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:06 pm

pravin kumar wrote: As for secret admirers is my way of explaining after I met a number of boys who have professed to have very good relationship with girls from their college days and had exchange of pleasant romantic exchanges even they were married elsewhere and living far apart from each other.

Sorry Pravin I had misunderstood what you meant by 'secret admirer'. When you said "(those who did not profess their love or could speak up)", I thought the person didn't know of the existence of their admirer, maybe someone who looked at them from afar. But now I understand it is a relationship that they kept a secret. Thanks for explanation and sorry for my misunderstanding.
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:09 pm

stalin.v wrote:Hello lynn, Smile

Predictive palmists tend to predict that bride is from which direction from the possessor's native place, how many kilo-meter distances she is from, and specific details through reading marriage lines.

bachlor, does not mean that he wont never marry in future. and he is only 23 years of age.

hi stalin, I'd be interested to know how they do this very specific prediction of distance etc.
thanks for explaining about the batchelor - I guess you take his one line to be a future marriage.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Surely, I share the content that explain how to specifically predict the details about bride ie., race or skin texture, b enifits via partner, their native, rich marries pauper or vice versa,etc., . Those are present in the script which i'm translating...............! Plz wait till then in order to give the specific details about them......... Hope, i won't make you to wait for long time.... indeed, it should be understood in specific way!

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Lynn wrote:
Sorry Pravin I had misunderstood what you meant by 'secret admirer'. When you said "(those who did not profess their love or could speak up)", I thought the person didn't know of the existence of their admirer, maybe someone who looked at them from afar. But now I understand it is a relationship that they kept a secret. Thanks for explanation and sorry for my misunderstanding.

scratch ... Sorry Lynn, I think the problem is not solved at all:

For obviously... initially mister Pravin Kumar talked about the example of a person having only 1 or 2 persons in their life:

pravin kumar wrote:
Those with number of relationship ines, having only 1 or 2 persons in their life I would say they had secret admirers from the opposite sex (those who did not profess their love or could speak up) and Prominent Mount of Venus will confirm this as also the Heart Line.

... but in his second example he described a completely different type of example (men who have been involved in NUMERIOUS romantic relationships):

pravin kumar wrote:
As for secret admirers is my way of explaining after I met a number of boys who have professed to have very good relationship with girls from their college days and had exchange of pleasant romantic exchanges even they were married elsewhere and living far apart from each other.

thinking ... So, yes, I am sure that there must be some kind of misunderstanding involved. But now I would like to make another recommendation:

One better not associate the 'marriage lines'... with every variant of romantic exchange with any person of the (same- or) opposite sexe!

(For if one does make such loose assocations: then a simple 'kiss', 'love letter', a 'romantic date' and a 'one-night-stand' sort of all become... a synonym for the life-changing choice called 'marriage'! confused How realistic would that be???)

But I can explain this 'recommendation' with a more simple example...

For, I think if this theoritical-variant really had turn out to be valid over and over again... then the majority of people should have a lot more of these 'marriage' lines!! Simply because many people have quite a few romantic exchanges in their full life-span - while the large majority of people have only a couple of those 'marriage' lines!!

scratch Lynn, how does my new 'recommendation' sound to you?

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:05 pm

That means , you're years together of reaserch is nothing to do with predictive palmisry. If you really donot predict the life of person, you dont have any work with marriade line............ I'm right?

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:43 pm

[b][i]

Dear Martinjn,

If a person has multiple relationship/marriage lines then he/she could have had one or two marriages or only one marriage and those others could be attachment to opposite sex other then their wife/husband. These could be secret admirers, secret relationship (I use the word secret as I refer to palms of Indians in Indian where marriage is still respected and one husband one wife system prevails) and only on quite a few occassions boys have spoken about having sweet/beautiful relationship with their college girl friends and these relationship was anything but marriage.

Now coming to the post Stalin made I would say as follows:

Whatever method you follow the result has to be correct and the person whose palm you have read has to definitely benefit from your advise. When you go to a Doctor we go in the belief that he will definitely heal us by giving sound advise and prescribe useful medicines. If the Doctor succeeds in this (at times Doctors use more of psychology to heal you as the disease one has may not be that serious but they imagine it to be serious) then we definitely get relief and we praise him and hold him in high esteem. Similarly with Palmist. Whatever method one follows a person should be benefited from the reading he gets.

I have myself done readings which subsequently I know was wrong ( I terms this always as HE speaks through me as I am a spiritual person and believe this to happen often ) logically but not only did it turn out to be absolutely correct, the person also benefitted a lot. I would not call this palm reading but intuitive replies. I always believe that when my intent is to see that the person who comes to me with full trust will be paid back the same way and HE always prompts. Sorry cannot give any logic for this nor can I say how I escaped 6 certain deaths (I have a double life line) but my experience and feelings are there and they guide me at certain times.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Empty relationship lines

Post  iris hadar Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:15 pm

I don't think these lines are reliable.

some people who are in stable and long relationship posses none.

iris

iris hadar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:20 pm

(Hi Iris... thanks for joining the discussion!! wave )
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:

scratch ... Sorry Lynn, I think the problem is not solved at all:

For obviously... initially mister Pravin Kumar talked about the example of a person having only 1 or 2 persons in their life:

pravin kumar wrote:
Those with number of relationship ines, having only 1 or 2 persons in their life I would say they had secret admirers from the opposite sex (those who did not profess their love or could speak up) and Prominent Mount of Venus will confirm this as also the Heart Line.

... but in his second example he described a completely different type of example (men who have been involved in NUMERIOUS romantic relationships):

pravin kumar wrote:
As for secret admirers is my way of explaining after I met a number of boys who have professed to have very good relationship with girls from their college days and had exchange of pleasant romantic exchanges even they were married elsewhere and living far apart from each other.

thinking ... So, yes, I am sure that there must be some kind of misunderstanding involved. But now I would like to make another recommendation:

One better not associate the 'marriage lines'... with every variant of romantic exchange with any person of the (same- or) opposite sexe!

(For if one does make such loose assocations: then a simple 'kiss', 'love letter', a 'romantic date' and a 'one-night-stand' sort of all become... a synonym for the life-changing choice called 'marriage'! confused How realistic would that be???)

But I can explain this 'recommendation' with a more simple example...

For, I think if this theoritical-variant really had turn out to be valid over and over again... then the majority of people should have a lot more of these 'marriage' lines!! Simply because many people have quite a few romantic exchanges in their full life-span - while the large majority of people have only a couple of those 'marriage' lines!!

scratch Lynn, how does my new 'recommendation' sound to you?

Martijn - I'm not sure that Pravin was talking about numerous relationships in his 2nd message? I took it to mean people who had a 'lover' whilst living away from their spouse (which they kept secret).

I agree that the "marriage lines" were supposed to represent long-term relationships such as marriage (not 'one night stands' etc). But as I already said, I don't think these lines are accurate in predicting the number of such relationships.

stalin, thanks for saying that you will quote the texts, but I am more interested to know whether you have tried and tested the theory and found it to be accurate?
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:17 pm

whoops, I missed the whole page 3 of this discussion before making my last post. Banana waving

Thanks for further explanation Pravin. Even if you count relationships outside of marriage, I don't find these lines to be accurate.

Thanks for your input Iris.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Lynn wrote:
Martijn - I'm not sure that Pravin was talking about numerous relationships in his 2nd message? I took it to mean people who had a 'lover' whilst living away from their spouse (which they kept secret).

Hi Lynn (this response includes now a few vocabulary edits),

I am not sure either what he exactly tried to describe, but from Pravin Kumar's words I can read that these 'boys' are not married with the 'girls from their college days'!! (I quote again below)

pravin kumar wrote:

Nevertheless, after reading his 3th comment... now I finally as well understand that the 'secret admirers'... refer to: secret relationships.

So, yes: now I see as well that initially I completely misunderstood his 'theory'! rolling on the floor

However... oooh-my-god ... Lynn, okay we already expressed that we can not relate to any existing theory about this issue... but it does look like that we are now confronted with a 'new' theory which indirectly implicates/suggests...

... that 'cheating' can be read from the "marriage-lines"!!

rolling on the floor ... scratch ... I don't know if you perceive the problem I perceive... for I recognize that this discussion has now entered... quite a 'dangerous zone'!!

(For, if people would start accepting such a 'theory', this very likely ends up in that they might get suspicious about what 'people-with-multiple-relationship-lines' say about their love life - especially if those people deny that they have ever been involved with any 'secret love'!!! And then palmistry becomes a very dangerious tool - not because the 'theory' is true... but because the palmist gets suspicious about what people say, only because of what the theory says!!! Welcome in the strange world called ... 'psychology'!)

lol!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:27 pm

I agree that having too much faith in the various interpretations of these lines can be a dangerous thing. Potentially it can ruin people's lives.

one example....
A few years ago I received an email from a man in India who asked my opinion on the accuracy of the relationship lines. He had cancelled his daughter's wedding, because a palmist told him that his daughter had one 'marriage line', whilst the husband-to-be had two lines. If they should marry it was a bad omen for her, because these lines showed that the husband would either cheat on his wife & take a mistress, or he would divorce her and take another wife. To avoid his daughter being hurt by this man, the father cancelled the wedding. He wrote to ask me if I thought he had done the right thing.
(what a responsibility it is being a hand reader!!)
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:55 pm

pravin kumar wrote:
Dear Martinjn,

If a person has multiple relationship/marriage lines then he/she could have had one or two marriages or only one marriage and those others could be attachment to opposite sex other then their wife/husband. These could be secret admirers, secret relationship (I use the word secret as I refer to palms of Indians in Indian where marriage is still respected and one husband one wife system prevails) and only on quite a few occassions boys have spoken about having sweet/beautiful relationship with their college girl friends and these relationship was anything but marriage.
Pravin Kumar

Dear mister Pravin Kumar,

First of all, I would like to thank you for explaining once again what your theory implies!! And I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your very first short description of your theory.

But I can hardly blame myself for this misunderstanding, because it has been quite confusing how you are using the word 'secret'. But I can confirm that your last description does make sense to me!! Thumbs up! (Though I am not saying here that I support your 'theory'... and I will continue my efforts to explain why!)

* By the way, outside India, 'one-on-one marriage' is very respected in far most other countries! Though I am aware that in the western world the 'divorce rates' are much higher than in India - but that is a different topic.

After saying this, I do think that I have now understood your 'theory' properly. But am I right to say that in your theory the word 'secret' simplies anything that relates to: romantic- and/or sexual contacts outside a marriage/relationship.

Did I describe this correctly?

Still, I see multiple dangers in your theory (in my earlier comments I have described how your theory is very susceptible to become a 'self-fulfilling prophecy', and even a 'burden' on the mind of an inexperienced palmist; and I think this discussion also proves that your theory is very susceptible for misunderstandings, etc.).

But let's not forget that we are talking here about some of the hand characteristics which have become 'notorious' for delivering false information!

For today, many palmistry experts AROUND THE WORLD (I could present you quite a few quotes from the most popular palmistry books) believe that these 'marriage lines/relationship lines - or whatever name one is using to describe them - do not provide any reliable info about whether a person will have one-, mulitiple-, or no relationships at all!

Basically, the example you've described showed us how you 'projected' your theory on the experiences described by these 'young men'. But I am still puzzled about what they exactly told you...!!?

I think the fundamental problemetic element in your theory is that it doesn't discriminate any kind of 'romantic activity'... for I can not find where you theory exactly starts between in respective:

- a 'once-in-a-life-time marriage',
- a 'long-term serious relationship',
- a 'secret romantic adventure',
- a 'sponteous romantic moment',
- a 'secret admirer',
-... and an innocent 'romantic kiss'!

It appears that all these types of romantic experiences (I am sure that there are other types to describe)... could fit relatively 'easily' in your theory. And therefore I am not surprize if you would be able to describe us many other examples which you could propose as a confirmation for your theory.

But because you have included so many 'romantic elements' in your theory... I think it is ONLY NATURAL to find various of such experiences in the life of almost every individual!! And because most people have 1 or more relationships in both of their hands... a 'spurious correlation' could be found in quite some examples.

And at the end the implication becomes... that your theory includes so many 'romantic elements' that even despite that I have noticed that your theory includes all elements that could make it a 'self-fulfiling prophecy'... that I will never be able to 'proof' to you that your theory is a 'self-fulfiling prophecy'.

Again, basically because you have adopted so many elements in your theory that usually you will find one of these elements in the life of any person!

But your perception could still very well be a 'delusion' - for in this discussion multiple 'professional members' have shared an opinion - sometimes featured with a few examples - which obviously doesn't support your theory!

Anyway, I have asked questions to understand the details of your theory. And I have tried to describe my multiple 'worries' regarding your theory.

INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
1) How the elements of a typical 'self-fulfilling prophecy' can be recognized;
2) That (from my point of view) your theory is really quite different from the classic theory about the 'marriage lines' (which relates to marriage + long-term partner-relationships only... and not all the other 'romantic activities' - big difference!)
3) The presence of multiple 'dangerous aspects' in your theory: beyond the typical elements of a 'self-fulfilling prophecy', I am also aware that especially for people who start believing that your theory will always turn out to be true... these people might easily make other assumptions such as believing that people with multiple 'marriage lines' - will become the ones that will cheat on their husband or wife in a marriage, etc.

And now I can only hope that you can understand my arguments for pointing out to the (hidden) dangers of your 'theory' - and I hope you will recognize from this lengthy response + my multiple arguments... that I do recognize this is as an important issue.

Dear mister Pravin Kumar, just in case you are interested to post some thoughts in return, I am looking forward to read your thoughts!!

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts & ideas so far! Thumbs up!

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:16 am

Lynn wrote:I agree that having too much faith in the various interpretations of these lines can be a dangerous thing. Potentially it can ruin people's lives.

one example....
A few years ago I received an email from a man in India who asked my opinion on the accuracy of the relationship lines. He had cancelled his daughter's wedding, because a palmist told him that his daughter had one 'marriage line', whilst the husband-to-be had two lines. If they should marry it was a bad omen for her, because these lines showed that the husband would either cheat on his wife & take a mistress, or he would divorce her and take another wife. To avoid his daughter being hurt by this man, the father cancelled the wedding. He wrote to ask me if I thought he had done the right thing.
(what a responsibility it is being a hand reader!!)

Thanks!

Hi Lynn, thanks for sharing this example.

The said thing is, maybe those two people really wanted to create a happy marriage; if this marriage was cancelled only because of the higher number of 'marriage lines' in the husband's hand... then I think their marriage was cancelled due to a 'fatalistic' perception on human life in general.

While quite some of us here are aware that those ideas may not express much more than a simplistic belief.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:32 am

stalin.v wrote:That means , you're years together of reaserch is nothing to do with predictive palmisry. If you really donot predict the life of person, you dont have any work with marriade line............ I'm right?

Dear Stalin,

In order to study/research the reliability of the so-called 'marriage lines' ... one can better 'look back in time' to see if those lines have provided any usefull info (that one should also be aware that those lines may show changes in time!).

So, in order to study/research this aspect of palmistry - one doesn't have to practice 'predictive palmistry' at all!

As a matter of fact, when people want to use 'predictive palmistry'... I would recommend to always use both perspectives: first the past, and then the future!! In that specified order!

But I think your question has a 'philosophical' nature that goes beyond the topic of this discussion: the 'marriage lines'!!

Wink
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 am

[b][i]

Dear Martijn,

I will give you a separate example of a number of children a person has. This I have seen on quite a few occasions people having numerous children line (vertical lines on the relationship line) and it is to assume that a person cannot have numerous children so what happens. My prediction for them: You love children a lot. This has never gone wrong and in 50% of the case the couple have been married for several years and do not have children and hence they love others children. Now in those other 50% cases I found that the prominent vertical lines represented the number of children they had and the other ones were not their own. Now if you ask me to explain the details it is not possible for I think that probably that is the only answer and it comes out to be right when I tell them if you have only 3 children and you love children, your own and all other children in general. I know this to be true because my father loved children no matter whose children they were and we are 5 brothers and sisters.

Similarly multiple marriage lines do not indicate marriage only but people of opposite sex who come into their life and now even in India boys and girls do accept each other even they either of them have had some failed affairs with opposite sex. This is natural and now our society has started accepting this. So the prominent relationship line I try to reason out should be the one which is long lasting and should result in marriage. Other lines represent less only short term and very diluted relationship. One boy in his youth had a very strong liking for a girl and it was reciprocated both ways. The boy could never express the same in words and the relationship broke off. There is no indication in the palm of the boy about this broken relationship as he has only one relationship line. So I continue to find a way to relate these lines with logic but as I said in quite a few occasions they do not confirm to logic but on many other occasions they do. So I take the path of majority and not those who are in the minority.

Those of you who say that relationship line is not accurate have found certain instances or many many such instances where they are unreliable. Why did this line referred to as relationship lines in various Palmistry Books of Cheiro, Benham and a host of other authors? Is it a traditional mark or had just been referred to as a relationship line? Unless there is are many cases of this line being unreliable how can we be sure it is does not refer to relationship line?

If you permit I will show you daily some palm prints in other forums which will defy logic but they are quite few, still they are there. So these certain rare cases are to be explained and not the ones which are commonly followed and have come out right in a majority of other cases. That is my reasoning and I follow that method.

I await your views on the above and am open to change them If I get confirmations from several cases of the unreliability of relationship lines.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:49 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:Hi Lynn, thanks for sharing this example.

The said thing is, maybe those two people really wanted to create a happy marriage; if this marriage was cancelled only because of the higher number of 'marriage lines' in the husband's hand... then I think their marriage was cancelled due to a 'fatalistic' perception on human life in general.

While quite some of us here are aware that those ideas may not express much more than a simplistic belief.

Yes, the sad thing was that, whilst it was an arranged marriage, the couple really loved each other and both wanted to marry & share their life together! Her father recognised this, hence his doubts about cancelling the marriage after one palmists idea, and why he contacted me. You can be sure that I told him my perspective, but I never knew the outcome - did they marry or not.

by the way if our parents had such 'fatalistic' belief in these 'marriage lines', then maybe I would not have been allowed to marry my husband Shocked ! For sure I would be classed as the potential problem in this marriage Embarassed ! I have 4 lines on left hand, 2 on right, he has one line (and a half smaller line) on both hands! We have been together since I was 16 years old, so far ....37 years later... all OK!
( day dreaming who are these other 3 on my left hand I wonder I love you ) Razz
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:18 am

pravin kumar wrote:
I will give you a separate example of a number of children a person has. This I have seen on quite a few occasions people having numerous children line (vertical lines on the relationship line) and it is to assume that a person cannot have numerous children so what happens. My prediction for them: You love children a lot. This has never gone wrong and in 50% of the case the couple have been married for several years and do not have children and hence they love others children. Now in those other 50% cases I found that the prominent vertical lines represented the number of children they had and the other ones were not their own......

If you permit I will show you daily some palm prints in other forums which will defy logic but they are quite few, still they are there. So these certain rare cases are to be explained and not the ones which are commonly followed and have come out right in a majority of other cases. That is my reasoning and I follow that method......

Pravin Kumar

Hi Pravin, I understand what you are saying, when I first learnt palmistry I used to say similar things eg "if they are not your own children, they are children you feel close to, maybe nephews/nieces etc". But eventually I thought...really, what am I saying?! If they represent other children, it means that the "child lines" cannot accurately predict how many children the person will have as their own sons & daughters. I fear we are in the realms of 'making it fit' 'self-fulfilling prophecy' etc. ???

I can't answer your question why Cheiro, Benham etc talk about relationship lines, but for sure I have found more times these lines are unreliable than they are true!

re "If you permit I will show you daily some palm prints in other forums which will defy logic but they are quite few, still they are there."
I look forward to seeing your examples Pravin. Thumbs up!
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Lynn wrote:
Hi Pravin, I understand what you are saying, when I first learnt palmistry I used to say similar things eg "if they are not your own children, they are children you feel close to, maybe nephews/nieces etc". But eventually I thought...really, what am I saying?! If they represent other children, it means that the "child lines" cannot accurately predict how many children the person will have as their own sons & daughters. I fear we are in the realms of 'making it fit' 'self-fulfilling prophecy' etc. ???

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for sharing your example & your thoughts (I can only confirm what you described).

Yes, you were able to recognize that it doesn't makes sense if one starts using other criteria than counting only the children that have a person's biology.

So I guess you've sort of described how Pravin Kumar's new theory for the 'children lines'... displays the same problems that I have noticed regarding his new theory for the 'marriage lines'.

By the way, your own example (multiple 'marriage lines' in your hands, and only one in your husband's hand.... but you've spend about 2/3 of your life with eachother), I think this very well illustrates the complications that one can usually observe regarding this issue!

Another point of concern in this discussion is... if a palmist is not familiar with the concept of a 'self-fulfilling prophecy', then it probably becomes a MISSION IMPOSSIBLE to build a good discussion and to arrive at some kind of sensible common agreement, etc.

So, I am not sure that we will get beyond the point where we arrived so far in this discussion... and I am not sure that any single example will get us beyond this stage, because if we are only confronted with an example which 'appears' to confirm a theory... does that disprove our other findings?

lol! ... Of course not!! I think we really need to have a debate about the 'psychology' behind these theories, discussing examples can actually be 'contra-dictive'... especially when they are PRE-SELECTED to proof one's point, etc.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:32 am

Lynn said :

I can't answer your question why Cheiro, Benham etc talk about relationship lines, but for sure I have found more times these lines are unreliable than they are true!

re "If you permit I will show you daily some palm prints in other forums which will defy logic but they are quite few, still they are there."

Dear Lynn,

What I stated was that whether it is marriage line or children line or any other line for that matter. On most occasions Marriage or Relationship lines are found to be correct and sometimes it is difficult to explain. But you say otherwise that most of the time Marriage/Relationship lines are found to be unreliable. This is what I wanted to state. I have only one marriage line and I am married for 36 years now and I find these lines in many many cases to be right but I do admit sometimes it is wrong and you say it otherwise then why all those authors of the past (I have named only a few) referred to them as marriage lines. There must be some strong base for that.

I would like to know which are the present authors/experts who totally ignore this line as marriage/relationship lines and then I will give them examples in so many of the forums including Palmistry Primal Focus and this one and a host of others where persons will confirm having been married. What I am getting at is nothing is totally certain 100% for any prediction but what works in majority of the cases has to be taken right whether the above be true in majority cases or wrong.

There is one palm print in Indian Palmistry Forum where a palmist has given the palm of print of person whose most of the life is contrary to what he has come out to be.

You see the palms of Mukesh Ambani (one of the top ten richest person in the world) and that of Anil Ambani (his younger brother and not far behind in rich category of world renowed rich persons). Nothing extraordinary in their palm as compared to an ordinary persons with somewhat similar markings. In fact Anil Ambani's palm is longer from wrist to the tips of fingers as compared tothe width. Mukesh Ambani's palm is not long from wrist to tip of finger compared to the breadth of the palm.

You will find their palm prints in Indian Palmistry Forum. If their names are not give against the palm print imagine how difficult it would be to predict they are extremely rich. Can logic satisfy their wealth and the position they hold or for that matter of other great well known persons of the world. Benham clearly states that in such case the status of the person is to be taken into consideration to give reading but if you do not know the person how can you say that person is so rich as to be classified as one of the 10 most richest person (Mukesh Ambani) or even in the top 100 rich persons of the world (Anil Ambani).

You will give your examples and I will give my examples but nothing is 100% correct. So I go by the majority reading of an indication. If there is some wrong reading then exprience and logic is taken into consideration to rectify the error or to think out what could be the alternative. It is not to make my prophecy right and your wrong but palmistry cannot claim to be 100% correct and what percentage correct it is, is one's own experience.

Well in a reading given by a Senior Palmist in MysticBoard.com last year may. He read the palm of a person in great difficulty and his reading was based on the passive/left palm of the person and he gave his reasons for doing it and the reading was fantastic, confirmed by the person to be totally correct. This person says he learnt it from a person in Korea/China. Cannot remember exactly where. I can give you the details of this reading and tell you where the palm prints are. I never read about this anywhere else.

Pravin Kumar

Last edited by Lynn on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (edited by Lynn to put 'quote' in box))

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 Empty The marriage lines in scientific vocabulary: "E-lines"

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 pm

I would like to add to this discussion, that there is also a 'scientific perspective' available for the "marriage lines".

Scientific sources have described these lines as "E-lines" - because these lines often manifest in the right hand as the letter "E" (in the left hand the a reversed "E"). Researchers have described that typically there are 3 of those lines, with the center line being the shortest line (see the picture below).

Two scientific sources where these lines have been described:

- http://www.nifs.com.au/Publications/June03/NIFS_June2003.pdf (page 20)
- http://www.cse.msu.edu/biometrics/Publications/Palmprints/JainDemirkusOnLatentPalmprintMatching08.pdf (page 4)
- Schaumann & Alter: 'Dermatoglyphics in medical disorders' (1976, page 112).

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 2 E-line10
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello martijn, Smile

Thanks for the scientific information. Out of curious, i would like to know, have E-lines been related to any medical disorder statistics on scientific grounds? or The middle one of E-line is explained as shortest among three. had it been confirmed through statistics?

Smile

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:03 pm

stalin.v wrote:Hello martijn, Smile

Thanks for the scientific information. Out of curious, i would like to know, have E-lines been related to any medical disorder statistics on scientific grounds? or The middle one of E-line is explained as shortest among three. had it been confirmed through statistics?

Smile

Hello Stalin, Smile

I think my answer to both of your questions will be a 'no' (because I am not aware of any statistics regarding the "E-lines").

By the way, the pictures presented in the first 2 sources that I mentioned (see my former post), display that the middle line is relatively often the shortest (I know, this is not always true - but appears to a common pattern!).

I have noticed the same pattern in quite a few people, but I have no statistics available for that. Sorry, I have never researched this aspect of the hand with statistics.

But I can imagine that these "E lines" can be used as a good point of reference to study this topic in greater detail.

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Hello martijn, Smile

Thanks for the prompt reply. How can we evolve in our further studies on marriage line with the title " E-Line". can we open a poll for marriage line to get a statistics? I just curious how scientifically it was considered that middle line will be shortest. Indeed, interesting. We can not really say that most of the individual have 3 marriage line as concerned by the scientific vocabulary. May be the scientist who named this line ,had 3 marriage line and named it E-line? Smile

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next