Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Primatology palm reading! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 79 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 79 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Primatology palm reading! Voting17Primatology palm reading! Voting19Primatology palm reading! Voting18 
puneet
Primatology palm reading! Voting17Primatology palm reading! Voting19Primatology palm reading! Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Primatology palm reading!

4 posters

Go down

Primatology palm reading! Empty Primatology palm reading!

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Primatology palm reading! Primate-hands-family-tree

In order to understand the biological significance of hand features (+ how these relate to our behavior), it is very interesting to take a closer look at how the structure of the hand varies between species inside the primate family tree (see picture above).

Interestingly, it appears that all primate species have their own unique hand characteristics and it is even very well possible to recognize solely through the hand to which primate sub-family a primate species belongs!

The following article describes some major evolutionary patterns that give us a better understanding about how the (primate) hand structure correlates with behavior:

Primate palm reading: the primate hands family tree!

Enjoy the reading! Very Happy

(The article is featured with 20+ fascinating illustrations!)

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Primatology palm reading! Empty Re: Primatology palm reading!

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Here's a preview of one of the other pictures inside the article:

Primatology palm reading! Primate-hands-tree-american-museum-of-natural-history
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Thumb up
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Primatology palm reading! 2012-03-23CAD115Opposable

I have done some additional research on how the human opposable thumb (which is characterised by it's setting, length & perfect opposability) relates to the issue of 'self-awareness'. The result is quite fascinating: the so-called thumb-to-pinky ratio (= 1D:5D digit ratio) appears a fundamental marker for human self-awareness in the primate family!

The National Geographic video below demonstrates how the factor capability of 'self-awareness' has been studied in primates via the so-called 'Mirror Test' (which has been used for young children as well in order to assess their ability for self-recognition).

Many more details are described in this 2nd brand new article:
About Opposable Thumbs, 1D:5D digit ratio & Self-Awareness!

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Primatology palm reading! 389-004-2259d9a1

Primatology palm reading! Primates_tree

Primatology palm reading! Living_links_mural_6
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:31 am

Primatology palm reading! Primate-hands-family-tree-evolution
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 pm

I have created a few more pictures focussed on the aspect of 'hand shape':

The 1st picture illustrates how 'hand shape' correlates with variations in primate DNA (in terms of genetic distance of individual primates species to human DNA).

The 2nd picture demonstrates how 'hand shape' correlates with genetic variations & mutations in the human genome.

Primatology palm reading! Primate-hands-family-tree-hand-shape

Primatology palm reading! Primate-hands-family-tree-hand-shape-genetics
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mooky Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:35 am

Martijn,

I read in an article I found online that hands which have the same fingerprint on all ten fingers are called monomorphic hands and that this is an animalistic and/or simian trait.

"5. Monomorphic hand
Research has shown that monkeys have ridge patterns of the same type on all the ten fingers. This is an animalistic trait. Such hands are called monomorphic hands. It has been observed that about 10 to 20 percent of all human beings have monomorphic hands.

Dr. Charlotte Wolf concludes that monomorphic hands have simian characteristics, pointing to an abnormality of some kind in a person with hands of this type
."

Abnormality? In 10 to 20% of people? Sounds wrong. Are that many of us messed up?

Does this figure into your model at all? This is an interesting thread for me as I have the fire hand shape with numbers that put me right on the edge of the Great Human Ape quadrant (1.43 / .94 ). And I have double simian creases. And I have 10 whorl fingerprints. Should I change my name from Mooky to Monkey? Wink

Is having very symmetrical hands (10 whorls, double simians, double memory loops, double serious loops, double girdle of venus',etc.) another sign of monomorphism?

mooky

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:16 am

Hi Mooky,

Excellent question!

Well, first of all: the info that you shared regarding 'monomorphic hands' is true; and I could add for example that in some chromosomal disorders (such as: Down syndrome where about 60% have 10 loops) and in some congenital defects it is known to be more common.

However, please be aware that 'monomorphic hands' are usually more common in males than in females: in some populations percentages of around 20% have been reported for males. So, having 'monomorphic hands' should definitely not be associated with a 'minor physical anomaly'... such as the simian line!

(In general one can say that 'minor physical anomalies' require to be observed in less than 3% of the general populations... which implicates that only a simian in both hands would quality as such)

But regarding your summary of other 'mirror-like' hand featured in that you have in both hands, I don't think that one should make likewise associations regarding a comparison between the 2 palms. And actually, we have a guideline by doctor Eugene Scheimann available that more clearly shows how to understand the nature of monomorphic hands more properly.

Ed Campbell summarized this Scheimann's guidelines as follows:

"Dr. Scheimann observed that loops and whorls were the more common fingerprints and tented types were the more common palmer patterns. He noted that if one lacked any three of the five more common characteristics, one would be more predisposed to some congenital defect. Those "normal features were: 1) no patterns on the thenar and hypothenar prominence (mounts of Venus- the base of the thumb and Luna on the hypothenar edge or percussion of the hand); 2) do not have monomorphic hands (monomorphic hands have the same fingerprint on all ten fingers); 3) the ATD angle is around 45 degrees; 4) the average loop ridge count is from 12 to 14; and 5) the AB ridge count is around 34."

Maybe you do have feature 3, 4 and 5?

Mooky, for the palm it is relatively normal to seen many likewise features in both hands; so I don't think that is a significant observation.

By the way, thank you for sharing your hand shape quadrant coordinates (1.43 / .94 ); but those coordinates are rather typical for a normal male, because your coordinates are located most closely to the international 'male' average... and thus I would associate this with a healthy masculine energetic male with a rather normal fire hand shape!

How does this sound to you?

PS. I am preparing an article about this stuff, which will e.g. report that regarding 'hand shape' one should not forget that this model is just an over-simplification; because of all primates species... only us humans have the 'human digital formula': 3 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 5 (which describes the 3th middle finger to be the longest and the 5th pinky finger to the shortest)

While apes & monkies typically have the 'simian digital formula' (also known as Sorrel's digital formula): 3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 1.

Mooky, maybe it would be an interesting expercience for you to also compare the length of you pinky finger with your thumb... because if you do have the 'human digital formula' that would also confirm that your hands are rather typical for a human male!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mooky Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:45 am

Martijn,

Thank you for the reply. I was interested in monomorphism more so than congenital defects. The definition I found was:

mon·o·mor·phic [mon-uh-mawr-fik]
adjective

1. Biology . having only one form.
2. of the same or of an essentially similar type of structure.

So, in that regard, it might be said that my two hands have the same structure being very much alike. I can put my hands together starting at the percussion and as I roll them together into the prayer position I can see the lines on each hand matching up perfectly as I go. It is only the minor influence lines that differ much.

But, as to the normal features, my ATD angle is about 39 degrees I guess due to my having the long palm fire hand shape. I don't have loop fingerprints so not sure how to calculate that one. My AB ridge count is hard for me to ascertain as I tend to have dermal ridge hypoplasia (low ridges) and a secondary crease/line crosshatch pattern in that general area. But I think the number is around 30-32. So, probably normal.

As for the 1D:5D ratio my thumb is longer but exactly how much is hard for me to measure. Finding the point on the base crease of the thumb to measure from is a bit tricky. Somewhere between 1.08 and 1.1. Which puts me in the 3>4>2>5>1 group.

mooky

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Mooky,

Thanks for sharing those additional details; I think these confirm that in your case the monomorphic fingerprints are not part of a larger 'congenital' pattern in the dermatoglyphics.

And yes, the palm in a fire hand shape is more likely to have a relatively small atd angle; I can confirm that 39 degrees is indeed within the normal range, just like the a-b ridge count of 30-32 is also normal.

So, if you have normal sized whorls than I am sure that you would probably qualify for 3 out of 5 features listed in Scheimann's list... which indicates that your monomorphic whorls are nothing to worry about.

By the way, I could add here that monomorphic whorls are likely (up to about twice) more often seen in males than in females (monomorphic loops are likely likewise or even slightly more common in females).

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mooky Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
So, if you have normal sized whorls than I am sure that you would probably qualify for 3 out of 5 features listed in Scheimann's list... which indicates that your monomorphic whorls are nothing to worry about.

Thanks!

I guess I don't know what a normal sized whorl is. The triradii on mine tend to be way off on the side of the finger in many instances. Several are almost impossible to find unless the right amount of light shines through the skin at just the right angle. I used to think they were extralimital but I am not sure that is correct since I actually pretty much found them all. I was once fingerprinted for a security clearance and the person doing it wondered if I had filed them off. (No). For a couple I can just barely see the ridges that come from above and below start turning outwards. But I would be hard pressed to identify the exact center point of these. Again, the hypoplasia does not help the situation.

I am not worried at this point in my life about any congenital issues. I am more interested in the elemental classifications etc. I was interested to read about how whorls are viewed as being related to the Air element whereas my hands are Fire shaped. But, that is another thread.

Thanks again Martijn

mooky

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:24 pm

sorry I know it's a serious topic but...
mooky wrote:Should I change my name from Mooky to Monkey? Wink
rolling on the floor made me laugh out loud lol!
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:45 am

Lynn wrote:sorry I know it's a serious topic but...
mooky wrote:Should I change my name from Mooky to Monkey? Wink
rolling on the floor made me laugh out loud lol!

lol!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down