Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Handreading International Conference 2024
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2024 12:17 am by Lynn

» I am a doctor: will I have marriage and children?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 11:44 am by daskell

» Can anyone read it for me?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 7:59 am by amit_plawat

» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Square on Marriage line
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47499 messages in 4940 subjects
Top posting users this month
amit_plawat
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Voting17I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Voting19I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Voting18 
Lynn
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Voting17I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Voting19I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Voting18 
daskell
melodystarly523405

Top posting users this week
Lynn
amit_plawat
daskell

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

+12
Manfred
guypalm
Sucom
anithapalm
knox gillespie
Kiran.Katawa
Christopher Jones
Parender
Lynn
RishiRahul
Patti
Martijn (admin)
16 posters

Page 23 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 43  Next

Go down

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Empty Re: I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 am

Patti wrote:Oh dear, do you think Birla's books are filled with contradictions then...?

(I don't think so, I think he has used the words inner and outer, as well as public and private, totally differently than other authors - but hasn't changed the indications of the features indicated)

Don't be silly Patti... you haven't even tried to describe a single contradiction inside Birla's work!

So far you basically only misinterpretated Birla, and you questioned whether there is any evidence that Birla associates the thumb with the inner world (and in response I have presented a quote which shows that Birla does make associate the thumb with the inner world).

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Empty Re: I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

Post  Patti Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:
I do not see how Birla or Sprong support your viewpoint of the thumb side of the hand relates to the inner self.

Patti, on page 56/57 you can find the evidence:

"The five digits of the hand are divided into the inner and outer worlds: the thumb (Venus) and jupiter finger make up the inner, the sun and mercury fingers make up the outer."

wave

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla10
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla_10

in context.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:46 am

Birla's description is actually much more like Altman's in that he describes 3 vertical and 3 horizontal sections of the hands.

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Nathan11

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 am

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla10
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla_10

If you take into consideration that Birla stated that he sees the entire hand as representative of our public self, the above words are clearer.

He describes the index as relating to the ego and mind, the ring as sharing, and the little finger as the ability to transcend the physical world. All of these aspects, except for the little finger (at other places he mentions communication for the mercury mount), relate to things we show the public world. We show our ego as individuals, we give it a piece of our mind here and there, in a sharing way, and hopefully we all can reach spiritual nirvana and transcend the physical limitations and the constant chatter of the 'mind' that isn't the real 'inner self' before we leave the inner world for the outer world in death.

I think Birla's descriptions of inner world to outer world relate to a spectrum spanning from the most physical/dense = in the physical world = inner world = radial <<<<< to the opposite >>>> spiritual/ethereal = out of the physical = outer world = ulnar.

On pages 45 & 46 of "Destiny in the Palm of Your Hand" He describes the inner and outer worlds. Here he speaks of the inner world/thumb side as hidden and other descriptions. His words are contradictory to what he wrote above and not consistent with his interpretations of the fingers. Inner/outer worlds do not seem the same as inner/outer self.

At the bottom of 46 top of 47 he describes the negative Mars (thumb side) as Physical and the positive Mars (little finger side) as Mental energies.

He also earlier in the book states that the 3 levels of consciousness can be repeated in every aspect of the hand. These 3 have the description I mentioned above as moving from spiritual to physical.

Page 24 describes these 3 levels of consciousness as conscious/physical/tamasic - subconscious/astral/rajasic and the superconscious/causal/sattwic. (the superconscious is found on the palm of the hand, by the way)

Here we then know that conscious and physical energies are on the negative/thumb side and following with the 3 levels of consciousness then the subconscious and mental energies are on the positive/little finger side in regards to the Mars mounts according to Birla. (I'll borrow from Cummins & Midlo and say that the superconscious/intuition spirit is extralimital.)

Page 26:
"The study of the entire hand reveals the nature of our public persona.
The palm shows how we would like to behave - our inner resolve.
The fingers show how able we are to transform our intentions into actual behavior."

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:58 am

Patti, though you claim to have spotted 'contradictions'... I only see you making associative thoughts which lead to contradictions inside your own perceptions about Birla's words.

For example, regarding the bottom reference in your post:

"Page 26:
"The study of the entire hand reveals the nature of our public persona.
The palm shows how we would like to behave - our inner resolve.
The fingers show how able we are to transform our intentions into actual behavior."

Patti, I hope you understood the word 'persona'? The words 'persona' refers as a mask to hide/protect the (inner) ego.

By the way, Birla associates the ego (index finger) with the sense for our individuality - which concerns a part of our identity... and thus it relates to the inner world.

Birla does not present the kind of contradictions like we have seen in the perspective of the Yin-Yang philosophy between on the one side:

- Jennifer who describes: earth = repressive... a Yin quality
- Dukes who describes: earth = feminine, passive & private... all are Yin qualities;
- Johnny who describes: earth = primal body & home... also a Yin quality

And on the other side:

- Christopher who describes: earth = expressive... which is a typical Yang quality!

(Expressive can for example be associate with an 'active temperament' which Christopher describes himself correctly as a Yang-quality).

PS. This contradiction between Christopher's principle is not just an arbitrary example... because it actually explains why Lynn could not understand Johnny's word-choice for the air quadrant!

Jennifer associates the word 'expressive' only with the element fire - which also relates to Yang; this confirms that Christopher's association between earth and 'expressive'... creates a contradiction regarding the the fundamental principle of the Yin-Yang philosphy.

(In general the Yin-Yang philosophy can be summarized in an nutshell representing the introvert absorbing black Yin vs. the extrovert radiating white Yang; and in this perspective it is quite impossible to associate the word 'expressive' with Yin)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:Patti, though you claim to have spotted 'contradictions'... I only see you making associative thoughts which lead to contradictions inside your own perceptions about Birla's words.

The only contradiction in Birla's books is where he describes the inner and outer worlds in one section of a book, but in the rest of that book and in the other he refers to what appears as moving from more physical (radial) to less physical (ulnar). If you can find other references that show that this physical to non-physical spectrum across the hand does not exist in his work, please share in order to make your point. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with my findings and recognize the misunderstandings as your own.

(I took this liberty to make associative thoughts since you have freely done so throughout the topic. But there is validity and logic in my associations.)

more examples>>>>

Peter West "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Palmistry" Page 34:

"The Radial or active side of the hand shows how we react to external stimuli." "The third zone stretches out to the percussion, the instinctive side of the hand."

Fenton & Wright "The Living Hand" Page 29:

"This is the thumb side of the hand and it is concerned with the outer personality. it could be termed masculine and active, and if well developed shows that the subject copes well with worldly affairs."

"This is the percussion side of the hand and it is concerned with the inner personality - feminine, intuitive, receptive. If this side is well developed, the subject is highly imaginative and may use his imagination as part of his work or to enrich his life."

Edo Sprong "Hand Analysis" page 18-19 "It could be said that we are in equilibrium between introversion and extroversion" (in regards to a thumb held at a normal and balanced 45 degrees from the hand)

Page 15 "The thumb symbolizes our individuality and our capacity to speak, think, and feel, the abilities that distinguish us from animals" --- "The thumb also shows how much a person is motivated to apply the three qualities of will, wisdom, and love in everyday life.

<edit> By the way, Wang Chenxia would agree with Christopher regarding the thenar area being Yang. Gen = Earth = of the Yang. (page 39 "Palmar Lines")

<edit 2> In Jennifer's book she describes the things that Earth avoids as "being badgered", "being hurried" or "being pushed" Could you show where she uses the term "repressed" for Earth? (- Jennifer who describes: earth = repressive... a Yin quality)

I think that I have pretty much illustrated throughout this discussion that there is very little support for anyone to claim that the thumb side of the hand is more about inner private qualities and the ulnar side is more public.

I've illustrated that Birla sees the thumb side as more based in the physical and material world and the little finger side is more spiritual and out of body.

There's really not much more to add to this discussion (except more quotes from more authors saying basically the same).

Thanks!

Birla - "Love in the Palm of Your Hands" from pages 10, 11 & 12.

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla210
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla110
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla_11
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:Patti, though you claim to have spotted 'contradictions'... I only see you making associative thoughts which lead to contradictions inside your own perceptions about Birla's words.

The only contradiction in Birla's books is where he describes the inner and outer worlds in one section of a book, but in the rest of that book and in the other he refers to what appears as moving from more physical (radial) to less physical (ulnar). If you can find other references that show that this physical to non-physical spectrum across the hand does not exist in his work, please share in order to make your point. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with my findings and recognize the misunderstandings as your own.

(I took this liberty to make associative thoughts since you have freely done so throughout the topic. But there is validity and logic in my associations.)

more examples>>>>

Peter West "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Palmistry" Page 34:

"The Radial or active side of the hand shows how we react to external stimuli." "The third zone stretches out to the percussion, the instinctive side of the hand."

Fenton & Wright "The Living Hand" Page 29:

"This is the thumb side of the hand and it is concerned with the outer personality. it could be termed masculine and active, and if well developed shows that the subject copes well with worldly affairs."

"This is the percussion side of the hand and it is concerned with the inner personality - feminine, intuitive, receptive. If this side is well developed, the subject is highly imaginative and may use his imagination as part of his work or to enrich his life."

Edo Sprong "Hand Analysis" page 18-19 "It could be said that we are in equilibrium between introversion and extroversion" (in regards to a thumb held at a normal and balanced 45 degrees from the hand)

Page 15 "The thumb symbolizes our individuality and our capacity to speak, think, and feel, the abilities that distinguish us from animals" --- "The thumb also shows how much a person is motivated to apply the three qualities of will, wisdom, and love in everyday life.

I think that I have pretty much illustrated throughout this discussion that there is very little support for anyone to claim that the thumb side of the hand is more about inner private qualities and the ulnar side is more public.

I've illustrated that Birla sees the thumb side as more based in the physical and material world and the little finger side is more spiritual and out of body.

There's really not much more to add to this discussion (except more quotes from more authors saying basically the same).

Thanks!

Birla - "Love in the Palm of Your Hands" from pages 10, 11 & 12.

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla210
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla110
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla_11

Hi Patti,

Birla only associates the thumb (+ venus & index finger) with the inner world (and the pinky + ring finger with the outer world), he never connects the thumb with the outer world.

And next to this description for the fingers (including the thumb)... he also talks about physical in relation to venus, but Birla never talks about the physical in relation to the full thumb in specific.

So, your association regarding the physical and non-physical... this actually relates to the mount of venus (e.g. the physical desires & needs) versus the mount of moon (e..g. the function of the senses - which are used to perceive the outer world). But this does not relate directly to the thumb itself.

wave

PS. Birla never uses the words 'non-physical', so regarding your use of this words... this illustrates my point regarding that you got caught in your own associations while reading Birla. Again, if you perceive any specific contradictions... you are welcome to describe it as specificly as you can with a direct quote from Birla's work.

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:33 pm

I don't see any quotes or pages supporting yourself Martijn. You have already shown that you do not understand Birla's work. You said the superconscious was on the dorsal side of the hand.

Non-physical is mental and the process of transcending. I never said he used the phrase. He describes it however.

Note my additional edits above.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Patti wrote:I don't see any quotes or pages supporting yourself Martijn. You have already shown that you do not understand Birla's work. You said the superconscious was on the dorsal side of the hand.

Non-physical is mental and the process of transcending. I never said he used the phrase. He describes it however.

Note my additional edits above.

Patti, I am inviting you to specify your point.

(I already presented the quote where Birla describe thumb with the inner side, and on page 88 and 89 you can see how Birla associates venus with the 'physical body'; on page 88 he literally writes: "The mount of venus represent the physical body - throug which the sense organs of taste, though, sight, smell and hearing function." - EDIT: And on page 73 you can read how the mount of Moon e.g. gets associated with the interpretation of the physical world via the physical senses. So, Venus represent the physical senses, and the mount of Moon represents how the senses are being used as a filter to make perceptions about the world)

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 pm

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla11
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla_12

"Enlightenment, part of the outer world, indicated by Mercury occurs when we transcend mind, body and emotions"

He describes the little finger as regarding transcending the mind, body and emotions. i.e. rising above the worldly concerns of the other digits. Usually one transcends their body at death, but people who work on becoming enlightened can do so while still living. This is how I see him in this paragraph describing the physical nature of the radial side of the hand and the non-physical nature to the ulnar side (in polarity).
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Patti wrote:I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla11
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Birla_12

"Enlightenment, part of the outer world, indicated by Mercury occurs when we transcend mind, body and emotions"

He describes the little finger as regarding transcending the mind, body and emotions. i.e. rising above the worldly concerns of the other digits. Usually one transcends their body at death, but people who work on becoming enlightened can do so while still living. This is how I see him in this paragraph describing the physical nature of the radial side of the hand and the non-physical nature to the ulnar side (in polarity).

Yes Patti, that makes sense to me.
But I don't see you describing any contradiction.

(Again, transcendation can be perceived as relating to the outer world in terms of the cosmos/universe... which is far away from us outthere as a part of the outer world!)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks for drawing attention to page 73. You really need to read the page in context before you quickly snatch a phase to support yourself!

Page 73 describe the Lunar mount "One aspect of the Moon (Luna) is the mind, or manas, that interprets the physical world through the senses; another is feelings or emotion."

Page 88 "The mount of Venus represents the physical body, through which the sense organs of taste, touch, sight, smell, and hearing function. The senses act as the interface between us and the external world, receiving stimuli that allow us to interact with our environment."

Do you see the difference?
Moon allows the inner understanding to interpret the physical world.
Venus represents the physical functioning of these senses.

(Since you were placing Senses in the Lunar area because of Birla's words - you have done so incorrectly)
Banana waving

Last edited by Patti on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 am

Reading hands involves reaching this non-physical place in order for the reader to make sense of what they are reading. They are reaching this place inside themselves and inside the person they are reading.

For someone who has not achieved this state of awareness, yet to try to describe it, is very similar to the description I gave earlier of a color blind person insisting what they see is all that can be and thinking anyone who sees something beyond their own limitations is in a fantasy world.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:01 am

Patti wrote:Thanks for drawing attention to page 73. You really need to read the page in context before you quickly snatch a phase to support yourself!

Page 73 describe the Lunar mount "One aspect of the Moon (Luna) is the mind, or manas, that interprets the physical world through the senses; another is feelings or emotion."

Page 88 "The mount of Venus represents the physical body, through which the sense organs of taste, touch, sight, smell, and hearing function. The senses act as the interface between us and the external world, receiving stimuli that allow us to interact with our environment."

Do you see the difference?
Moon allows the inner understanding to interpret the physical world.
Venus represents the physical functioning of these senses.

(Since you were placing Senses in the Lunar area because of Birla's words - you have done so incorrectly)
Banana waving

Patti, thenar represents only the physical sense organs but hypothenar represents how the sense are actually being used; Sprong describes it more explicit, see: HERE: "Luna is the mount that is most indicative of our senses.").

Maybe one can understand this better in the perspective of the elemental system: thenar = earth = physical body, hypothenar = moon = sensations.

Birla writes on page 35:

"Luna relates to the mind or internal organs perception and cognition, the instruments by which the five senses of tasting, touching, seeing, hearing and smelling affect the soul"

You should try to see the use of the senses in a holistic manner:

- The pinky represent the antenna directed at the outer world (air)
- The hypothenar represents the consciousness which filters the senses via the instruments of perception and cognition (water)
- The thenar represents the physical sense organs (earth)
- And the thumb represents the soul or inner (eather)

From the elemental point of view, one could describe the use of the senses as an inward directed process where 'fire' does not get involved.

Not sure that Lynn would like this association, but I think this description shows how one can perceive the parallels between Vedic Palmistry & Elemental Chirology.

Patti, you shouldn't focus too much on the fact that the words 'inner' is getting associated with the hypothenar... because one should really see this in the larger persective of the Vedic principles ida & pingala - which also get associated with Yin (Ida) & Yang (Pingala), see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadi_(yoga)#Ida.2C_Pingala_and_Sushumna !!

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Prana_men

cheers Holy-Menoly... I had never seen it this way:

In Vedic Palmistry Ida (Yin) appearantly gets associated with: (quoted from: Destiny in the palm of Your Hand, page 46):

"Our inner world is referred to as Ida; it is negatively charged in nature, cooler and more hidden. The outer world is refered to as Pingala; it is positively charged, warmer and more outgoing"

So, since Ida = Yin and Pingala = Yang.... this again shows how also according Vedic Palmistry principles Pingala (Yang) gets associated with OUTWARD directed processes: warmth always goes outside, just like in the principle of fire!

And this confirms again that 'more outgoing' directly links with Yang!

( Very Happy Reminds me again of the issue regarding the inconsistency in Christopher's associating - which I perceive as a fundamental mistake - the 'more outwardly directed elements' with earth. Because earth = yin = ida!)

THANKS PATTI! Thumb up

Very interesting, you challenged me to specify... and via the philophic principles of Vedic Palmistry I have now sort of 'proven' that my rejection of Christopher's association is invalid ... and this also shows how according the fundamentals in Vedic Palmistry & Elemental Chirology... the thumb should get connected with the INNER WORLD, because it represents more Ida and more Yin!

flower

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Ida-pingala
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:32 am

Ida (Yin) & Pingla (Yang) described for the hand according Birla & Sprong - picture is taken from Birla's "Destiny in the Palm of Your Hand" (page 58 in the Dutch version of the book)

[Binnen wereld = inner world; buiten wereld = outer world]

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Yin-ya10

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 am

What you have just quoted from Birla is where I saw his contradiction.

If you look through other palmistry books that show positive and negative forces for Mars (including Eastern books) you will see there isn't agreement and some place positive on the radial side and negative on the ulnar side.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 am

To illustrate (again) this contradiction:

See page 121 "Love in the Palm of Your Hand"

"Extending from Venus, the mount of love, the thumb shows your ability to give conscious expression to your love. It also shows the expression of your individuality. In order to love others, you must first know and love yourself."

I think this paragraph of his is very important to understanding his philosophy behind the thumb, including the lower thenar area, or Venus mount.

This statement shows both the inner self of a person being expressed as individuality. Self awareness and self understanding is important, but this self understanding comes from the moon area which processes the feelings, emotions and senses.

The keywords here involve "ability to give conscious expression" to your love. Conscious expression is an active outward act.

Birla uses inner for describing from within the physical body. Here the thumb represents the outer expression of the inner self with love. Love that is both for self and for others. As you can only love someone else as much as you can love yourself. The giving of love is a warm thing - not cold. There is your contradiction.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 am

Patti wrote:What you have just quoted from Birla is where I saw his contradiction.

If you look through other palmistry books that show positive and negative forces for Mars (including Eastern books) you will see there isn't agreement and some place positive on the radial side and negative on the ulnar side.

Well Patti, if we take a look in Johnny Fincham's books: he calls the radial mars: 'mars inner', and the ulnar mars: 'mars outer'... which is consistent regarding his descriptions of the upper ulnar air quadrant, such as: 'public stage', 'world stage' and 'outer world'.

So, Sprong & Birla use a vocabulary that is by principle consistent with Johnny's guidelines.

(In Sprong & Birla's approach the 'mars negative' gets associated with physical strength [= earth+fire] while the 'mars positive' gets associated with mental strength [=air+fire].)

So.... scratch what is your point?
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:What you have just quoted from Birla is where I saw his contradiction.

Well Patti, if we take a look in Johnny Fincham's books: he calls the radial mars: 'mars inner', and the ulnar mars: 'mars outer'... which is consistent regarding his descriptions of the upper ulnar air quadrant, such as: 'public stage', 'world stage' and 'outer world'.

So, Sprong & Birla use a vocabulary that is by principle consistent with Johnny's guidelines.

(In Sprong & Birla's approach the 'mars negative' gets associated with physical strength [= earth+fire] while the 'mars positive' gets associated with mental strength [=air+fire].)

So.... scratch what is your point?

My point was regards positive and negative appointments. But, since you brought up inner and outer Mars for Johnnny, you should also take a look at all the upper and lower mars associations out there. You can pick the ones that agree to support yourself and I can pick the ones that don't to show you're wrong.

What's your point?
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:17 am

Perhaps you're unaware that the radial Mars mount relates to outward active energies such as aggression and the ulnar Mars relates to inner passive energies like stamina.

Trying to reverse this will make no sense in reality when applied to a real human hand.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:18 am

And remember Birla is already clear in describing the thumb side Mars as physical and the little finger side of Mars as mental.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 am

Can you see the contradiction yet?
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:21 am

Patti wrote:To illustrate (again) this contradiction:

"Extending from Venus, the mount of love, the thumb shows your ability to give conscious expression to your love. It also shows the expression of your individuality. In order to love others, you must first know and love yourself."

I think this paragraph of his is very important to understanding his philosophy behind the thumb, including the lower thenar area, or Venus mount.

This statement shows both the inner self of a person being expressed as individuality. Self awareness and self understanding is important, but this self understanding comes from the moon area which processes the feelings, emotions and senses.

The keywords here involve "ability to give conscious expression" to your love. Conscious expression is an active outward act.

Birla uses inner for describing from within the physical body. Here the thumb represents the outer expression of the inner self with love. Love that is both for self and for others. As you can only love someone else as much as you can love yourself. The giving of love is a warm thing - not cold. There is your contradiction.

No Patti, you probably missed the title above your quote saying: 'the thumb, affirmation of individuality'

Birla is describing there an inner process related to becomming conscious of one's love inside; he e.g. talks about "... you must first know and love yourself".

So, he is not using the word 'expression' her to refer to a process of the expression of love to an other person. Birla talks about a process before that: the discovery of the ability to 'love' inside the person.

He only uses the words to describe an inner dynamic between the thumb and the mount of venus - which is actually part of the thumb!

So, there is no inconsistency inside his description regarding the inner or outer world because he describes inner-dynamics regarding the 'affirmation of individuality' - again, see the title above your quote!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 am

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Definition-of-enlightenment-hands

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Enlightenment

I hope enlightenment comes soon so this discussion can be done. alien

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 23 Enlightenment-260x300
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:32 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:To illustrate (again) this contradiction:

No Patti, you probably missed the title above your quote saying: 'the thumb, affirmation of individuality'

Birla is describing there an inner process related to becomming conscious of one's love inside; he e.g. talks about "... you must first know and love yourself".

So, he is not using the word 'expression' her to refer to a process of the expression of love to an other person. Birla talks about a process before that: the discovery of the ability to 'love' inside the person.

He only uses the words to describe an inner dynamic between the thumb and the mount of venus - which is actually part of the thumb!

So, there is no inconsistency inside his description regarding the inner or outer world because he describes inner-dynamics regarding the 'affirmation of individuality' - again, see the title above your quote!

You've misunderstood him again! He continues with describing a long and short thumb. He describes a long thumb "reveals your independent, dynamic, and outgoing nature. You have a great wish to achieve success and a desire to express your individuality."
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 43  Next