Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading

+4
zaobhand
Kiran.Katawa
Patti
tap
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading

Post  Patti Mon May 28, 2012 8:03 pm

tap wrote:Yes initially I went with more or less a faith based attitude, but I also want to understand it on a different level. After looking at Birla's theory, I googled some on the super conscious to try to understand it more myself. This is one of the sites I found to try to understand this myself.

http://zazenlife.com/2012/03/01/super-conscious-mind/

Hi Tap,
Going down a similar path I found myself at the cellular level.

This is from a paper I wrote and was presented last summer at the IBMBS conference entitled "Star-Delta Triradii: Human Impulse Markers" Here it describes a little how I understand the connection between the hand and the brain.

Describing cell proliferation, the researchers concluded by saying that the dermatoglyphics can “reflect the ontogeny of the afferent nervous system that occurred prior to papillary ridge development. These observations lend support to the concept that successive waves of afferent neural development have an important role in spatial and temporal sequence of papillary ridge formation and thus the formation of both the dermatotopic map of the digits and the dermatoglyph.”20 *20S. J. Moore, B. L. Munger, Pennsylvania State University, “The Early Ontogeny of the Afferent Nerves and Papillary Ridges in Human Digital Glabrous Skin”, 1989.

To summarize these findings, the nervous system develops prior to ridge formation and plays a role in the formation of the ridges and their fields and patterns. Blackburn says that the earliest electrical synapses appear in the brain at 8 to 9 weeks gestation. - Patti Lightflower 2011

and this is what is happening in the brain.

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading

Post  tap Tue May 29, 2012 1:08 am

Hi Patti

Thanks for sharing this with me and I appreciate your time and effort to help me understand this. I find all of this fascinating! I still have some questions with grasping all of this. It is my understanding that the word "afferent" is related to the connection between the peripheral and central nervous systems with the direction of peripheral-to-central. Wouldn’t this mean the growth of nerves is from the extremities ( like fingers) to the central nervous system ? In this case, is the brain kinda left out on the influence of fingerprints? Did you mean to say impulses affect the fingerprints once the connection is made?

EDIT: Afferent: meaning that the impulses are carried from the receptors/sense organ towards the CNS javascript:emoticonp('Thumbs up!')

Considering the the brain is affecting how the fingerprints/dermatoglyphics form I wonder how far along the brain really is in development when they are forming. It almost seems like the brain at this state could be less than primitive and barely functioning. I believe humans can't form memories until three-four, and babies struggle with the most basic of functions. It's somewhat hard to believe that a fetus with a brain much smaller and less developed than a baby would possess any real characteristics that could be translated into adult life. So with this in mind, I am having a hard time really following how this connection between the hands and brain are reflected at birth and really I am not sure how the connections are reflected after birth past the use of hand movement/gestures and the limbic system. I hope this makes sense to where/why I seem stuck in my understanding and learning this.

Last edited by tap on Tue May 29, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 am

Ramann wrote:Mr.V.Ramachandran's book-Phantoms in the brain will give a beautiful account of the brain and how they function. Beautifully illustrated with case studies it makes an easy and comprehendable read for a lay man.

Nobis
Nobis, does this book also tell about how the different parts of the hand are related to the diff features attributed to them?
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Tue May 29, 2012 10:56 am

Patti, once again thanks for everything. Being such a novice, and trying to understand so much I am going to take some courses this fall....like biology 101 Smile Like you said, you found yourself at at cellular level and that seems to be where I am headed to gain some understanding. javascript:emoticonp('Thanks!')
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue May 29, 2012 3:27 pm

tap wrote:Patti, once again thanks for everything. Being such a novice, and trying to understand so much I am going to take some courses this fall....like biology 101 Smile Like you said, you found yourself at at cellular level and that seems to be where I am headed to gain some understanding. javascript:emoticonp('Thanks!')

I've shared this before, but I think one of the most remarkable things I discovered about cells is how when they are first formed (stem cell) they can become anything. But to become something it must send out a signal. To say "here I am, I exist" in cell language. When I was studying limb development I visualized this new cell moving through the tissue down to the hand and when it gets there and makes it's "I am" proclaimation, one of the other nearby busy assigned cells reaches out and makes contact. The cell then becomes bone, muscle, skin etc. depending on the nature of the cell that made contact. It's called differentiation in science, but I thought it was very spiritual. Self awareness at the level of a cell. (and community, too)

Recently I read "The Biology of Faith" by Bruce Lipton and found there a scientist who shared my enthusiam.

I think cellular is the way to go! Thumbs up!

p.s. I think you'll love the biology classes! When I was reading the text books I was wishing I had chosen a career in lab research. I have an uncle that is a molecular biologist.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm

tap wrote:Hi Patti

Thanks for sharing this with me and I appreciate your time and effort to help me understand this. I find all of this fascinating! I still have some questions with grasping all of this. It is my understanding that the word "afferent" is related to the connection between the peripheral and central nervous systems with the direction of peripheral-to-central. Wouldn’t this mean the growth of nerves is from the extremities ( like fingers) to the central nervous system ? In this case, is the brain kinda left out on the influence of fingerprints? Did you mean to say impulses affect the fingerprints once the connection is made?

Growth during development is proximal to distal. Distal is the fingertips. Think of a tree growing and spreading out into branches and then leaves. The leaves wouldn't appear first. (edit: there is however often an anticipation of the leaves in formation) Originally nerve related cells come from the neural tube and soon after the spinal cord and newly forming parts of the brain. It becomes more complex from there.

The impulses are what a part of my paper is about and the connection from the dermatoglyphics to our emotional and mental centers using existing research studies to support the various connections and results. Studies have been done individually but not much has been done to combine this information into something that works for our field as hand analysts. For instance those that study which cells relate to touch and which to pressure are not blending their studies with those that study synapses in the brain and the timing of these early synapses along with the appearance of permanent features in the hands. Those that study the communication pathways of signals to the heart and mind are not concerned that a new red blotch on the life line has any significance or relationship to each other. But we are interested, and we need more scientific minded hand analysts in the field to make these connections in a setting that gives it credibility. So kudos again to you!

tap wrote:
EDIT: Afferent: meaning that the impulses are carried from the receptors/sense organ towards the CNS javascript:emoticonp('Thumbs up!')

Considering the the brain is affecting how the fingerprints/dermatoglyphics form I wonder how far along the brain really is in development when they are forming. It almost seems like the brain at this state could be less than primitive and barely functioning. I believe humans can't form memories until three-four, and babies struggle with the most basic of functions. It's somewhat hard to believe that a fetus with a brain much smaller and less developed than a baby would possess any real characteristics that could be translated into adult life. So with this in mind, I am having a hard time really following how this connection between the hands and brain are reflected at birth and really I am not sure how the connections are reflected after birth past the use of hand movement/gestures and the limbic system. I hope this makes sense to where/why I seem stuck in my understanding and learning this.

I think the features that form early, before birth, and are relatively permanent, relate to innate aspects of ourselves. These could be physical appearance and condition as well as our pre-wired way to respond to things. Our natural preferences.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi Patti

Thanks for going into a little more detail. I appreciate it. It is kind of frustrating that the different scientific fields are not collaborating more.
Yes, I was thinking the fingerprints could relate to something like basic disposition/temperament.
I like your cell description of its self awareness. The book you recommended sounds like an interesting read. Still I believe your book will one day be a favorite of mine. When do you think it will be finished and published?

I am looking forward to going back to college and taking some more courses. Now that I am not teaching anymore I will have more time Smile
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 am

Nice thread and discussions on the connections between hand and brain. Would be interesting to learn more about your research Patti!
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Wed May 30, 2012 11:48 am

Hi Patti
While searching for information on the book, The Biology of Faith , by Bruce Lipton, I found this article referencing this book and summarizing some of Bruce Lipton’s observations and theories. It is really interesting to ponder how the hands may be reflective of this.
http://bestfitnessadvice.yolasite.com/
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed May 30, 2012 4:15 pm

While searching for information on the book, The Biology of Faith , by Bruce Lipton, I found this article referencing this book and summarizing some of Bruce Lipton’s observations and theories. It is really interesting to ponder how the hands may be reflective of this.
http://bestfitnessadvice.yolasite.com/

Thanks! It's a good article but it seems like someone ran it through a translator a couple of times Laughing

Coincidentally I am on Bruce Lipton's newsletter mailing list. I've only received 3 mailings since December of last year. The 3rd just happened to arrived yesterday a short time after I posted that comment. It startled me for a moment to see his name in the 'from' column! lol!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Wed May 30, 2012 4:26 pm

"It's a good article but it seems like someone ran it through a translator a couple of times" Very Happy agree.

"Coincidentally I am on Bruce Lipton's newsletter mailing list. I've only received 3 mailings since December of last year. The 3rd just happened to arrived yesterday a short time after I posted that comment. It startled me for a moment to see his name in the 'from' column! lol!"
Funny how things happen that way Smile

Looking forward to his book arriving!
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Good insight patti Thumbs up!
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Empty » Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is

Post  mudasar_hussain Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Like it...
mudasar_hussain
mudasar_hussain

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Wed May 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Patti

Just a quick question. Is this book written for a novice? Since I am not familiar with the nomenclature in the scientific field I was wondering if I should wait until I take some courses. I have the local library shipping it over…so I guess I could just give it a try.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed May 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Just a quick question. Is this book written for a novice? Since I am not familiar with the nomenclature in the scientific field I was wondering if I should wait until I take some courses. I have the local library shipping it over…so I guess I could just give it a try.

Yes it's written for the mainstream. I think you will enjoy it.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Thu May 31, 2012 12:33 am

Good! Thanks!
I need mainstream reading Smile
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 am

Hi Guys,
I just happened to see this pic shared on FB:
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading - Page 2 Hands_10
This is in the by : IUMAB, International Union of Medical and Applied Bioelectrography

This might answer some of the qtns here.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi Kiran

I can't read all the words in the image, but I can tell it has to do with the chakras in the hands.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Thu May 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Tap, this is related to Chakras. But, it also says something about the individual fingers too.
I havn't visited the website. Just posted it here by looking at the pic. Going thru the website might give you some info.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Thu May 31, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks Kiran.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2