Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Voting17Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Voting19Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Voting18 
puneet
Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Voting17Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Voting19Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading

+4
zaobhand
Kiran.Katawa
Patti
tap
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Empty Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading

Post  tap Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi
I have been following and trying to learn hand reading for a while now. I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions about the hands for me and/or give any input which you feel would be helpful/clarify where I seem to going on track and not on track.

Using my observation of a few people and their hands, with some knowledge in this vast area of hand reading, my understanding/thoughts are that the lines on the hands reflect their length and shape from the basic physical build (constitution/health of a person) and the use of the hands (muscle development, repetitive movement and gestures) and change accordingly as those aspects change. Also the basic position of the lines (where they attached to the hand itself during development) can not change; so that aspect is where the basic personality is set. Agree/disagree?

With a very basic knowledge of psychology, health, and the many basic interpretations used to explain the different areas of the hands (which also can be seen through how gestures are made through what a person is thinking) I can pretty much relate all the shapes and length of lines to the basic interpretations and their meanings that I have read.
I have only been able to do this by taking into consideration that the many interpretations/meanings which have been given, differ from person to person, and culture to culture, and that the combination of them is so important. I would like to know how much of this do you feel is accurate about the lines of the hands concerning shape and length and why they change?

I believe there is a connection (besides the conscious) between the brain and the hands that produces hand movements/hand gestures just like body language. The few people I have talked with can understand the concept of and/or believe in “body language” (the larger movements) yet doubt hand reading until they understand the unconscious hand movements we make, and how they can affect the lines through repetition.

With that said, do all the small chance lines come and go due to muscle and fluid changes in the body that are more temporary and/or a more nervous use and movement of the hands? Can that same principal apply to how breaks and islands form in the lines and the varying colors of the lines from moment to moment? How about the varying color in the hands (also from area to area)? Is this not just coming from the same unconscious areas of the brain? I guess the fingers leaning is similar to body posture? I have so many more questions concerning dermatoglyphics and how they reflect the condition of the fetus while the brain is developing, but I will stop the questions for now javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy').

I feel like trying to learn this I go from one type of book (palmistry) to a completely different type of book (medical) for more understanding. I guess this is what a lot of people have done?

tap
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Empty Re: Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading

Post  Patti Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 pm

tap wrote:
I feel like trying to learn this I go from one type of book (palmistry) to a completely different type of book (medical) for more understanding. I guess this is what a lot of people have done?

tap

I agree.

I think once we have an understanding of the basics of the entire hand, the nails, the skin types, kinds of lines that form in the different skin types, the condition of these, and other general aspects of the hands, palmistry books are no longer needed. Science, developmental biology, medical, psychology and even geometry resources become more relevant.

Thumbs up!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading Empty Re: Questions about hand and brain connection and how it is reflected in hand reading

Post  tap Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks Patti javascript:emoticonp('Thanks!')

I am really looking forward to your book javascript:emoticonp('Smile'). I am hoping that your book will expand my understanding of hand reading. I know you have spent many years studying the hands and have a lot of experience with reading hands.

tap
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:39 pm

tap wrote:Thanks Patti javascript:emoticonp('Thanks!')

I am really looking forward to your book javascript:emoticonp('Smile'). I am hoping that your book will expand my understanding of hand reading. I know you have spent many years studying the hands and have a lot of experience with reading hands.

tap

Thanks! happy yel Thank you Tap! I'm working on it! It will definitely be a complete combination of all these topics!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi Patti

Fantastic! Now I am really, really looking forward to your book! BTW I was just reading through your posts on "Am I facing the rest of my life in prison or some form of punishment?"(had to print it all so I can study everything better) and just found myself smiling when you wrote "Quality of lines, body language of the hand, and stance of fingers."

tap
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:26 am

tap wrote: I have so many more questions concerning dermatoglyphics and how they reflect the condition of the fetus while the brain is developing, but I will stop the questions for now javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy').

I had a similar thought earlier today. I read an online news article of a fallen soldier's wife who first found out about her husband being killed from a Facebook message rather than the more formal way. I usually avoid such articles because they make me feel so sad but something pulled me there anyway. The new widow is 11 weeks pregnant the article said. I wondered if her sudden grief and shift of mood could be detected in the newly forming creases and just before the appearance of the ridges in the fetus. I also wondered if this change in maybe even the hormonal environment will alter the ridges, change the finger ratio. It's a fascinating subject!

p.s. Thank you for your encouragement!!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:20 am

How sad. That kind of grief is surely upsetting her mind and body, which in turn is affecting the fetus. I would think the fetus’s newly forming creases and ridges would surely be affected. To me it is; how did it affect them visually? Would the hand of the fetus swell more in certain areas or deflate more in certain areas or both? I would think her hormonal changes would also be an influence on the finger ratio. I really know very little about all the stages and timing of hand development, just a couple of the basic time lines I remember reading. Hopefully I will have more time in the near future to learn more.

I sometimes think how my general belief that palmistry could work, and asking a few questions years ago, has brought me to this point. I will always enjoy, and for a long time I am sure, learn from my books on palmistry and forums like this.

It is a fascinating subject!

tap
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Yes, it might be. Here is my experience on a similar incident
Couple of weeks back I visited my neighbor to read their daughter's hand. She is 15 years by physical age, but, 5 years by mental age. How sad. I knew about her and so, visited them with permission. Her lines very pretty clear and well etched. But, it was the fingerprints which were badly formed. Doctor has confirmed them that she can NEVER change. Now, she is going to special children school and getting learning vocational trainings.
The reason for her birth like this is not clear from medical reports. When I checked with the mother about any grave incident while she was pregnant around 3-4 months(15-16 months) around our fingerprints form. And she said this: "During that time, on one day she had been for a walk with her neighbor's daughter, who was of around 7-8 years age. At a lonely place, a car followed them and they attempted to kidnap that neighbor's baby. They had almost caught her and this lady literally snatched the baby from them and ran (lifting the baby in her hands) from there till home without stopping anywhere". Note that she was around 3-4 months pregnant. And not to mention - she was damn scared.
Tell me - what can you expect on the baby inside her womb! Sad

Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:26 am

Sad stories here... May all be well.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 am

Limbic system. javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Tue May 22, 2012 11:23 am

So much to consider and I am hoping I am on the right track. It looks like the mounts are the super conscious and/or collective unconscious ("part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems"), the 3 main lines are the subconscious and the minor lines are the conscious.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Sun May 27, 2012 11:44 am

Alright, I now believe I have a good/basic understanding on how hand shape, hand consistency, skin texture, and color are playing out in hand reading and will continue to try to learn more with these aspects in mind as I read through all the posts, but I still can't figure out how all the timing comes into play. Does anyone have an explanation on how timing of events show up in the hand?

edit
I still can’t figure out how each area of the hand is so reflective on their meanings attributed to them. For example, the islands on the lines are still a problem for me to figure out with their meanings in specific locations. I believe the skin texture (body’s physical and emotional reactions) are definitely playing the roles in the formations of them….it is just how they show up and mean different things on the different lines and different areas. Hope this makes sense. Any explanations?

When my son had surgery a few years ago and afterwards experienced tingling with supination of his hand/arm I looked into the nerves of the hand a little bit and where they run and connect, but I only got as far as the connection to the spinal region. Has anyone gone into this further and found any supporting information that could relate to my previous questions?

Last edited by tap on Sun May 27, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : another question)
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Sun May 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Hello tap

There is bbok written by charlotte wolfe by title Human hand that may contain certain information on how brain and hands are connected, ofcourse she describes nerves based on ulnar, radial ect.. it might give you an basic undersatnding.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon May 28, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks Anand for your recommendation.I will look into finding the book so I can read it this summer.
I also know there is a book called The Hand , written by Frank R. Wilson (a neurologist) I want to find time to read this summer.
I was curious if any of the forum members might have put together some theories on those questions.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon May 28, 2012 12:28 pm

tap wrote:edit
I still can’t figure out how each area of the hand is so reflective on their meanings attributed to them. For example, the islands on the lines are still a problem for me to figure out with their meanings in specific locations. I believe the skin texture (body’s physical and emotional reactions) are definitely playing the roles in the formations of them….it is just how they show up and mean different things on the different lines and different areas. Hope this makes sense. Any explanations?

Hi Tap, can you pls re-phrase your qtn here. I would like to attempt to answer your qtn here.
Are you asking for :
1. How areas of hands are related to the meanings attributed to them?
or
2. The meanaing of islands at different locations and how to interpret them in general?
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon May 28, 2012 12:29 pm

tap wrote:So much to consider and I am hoping I am on the right track. It looks like the mounts are the super conscious and/or collective unconscious ("part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems"), the 3 main lines are the subconscious and the minor lines are the conscious.
Do you study Ghanshyam singh Birla's material. Is it?
I am asking this, 'coz, he also says these things.
If YES,have you done any courses or just read his books?(which books?)
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon May 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Kiran

Yes, my question is "How areas of hands are related to the meanings attributed to them?"
and how the markings can be applied so specifically to the timing of events(at what age an event took place).

Yes in reference to "So much to consider and I am hoping I am on the right track. It looks like the mounts are the super conscious and/or collective unconscious ("part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems"), the 3 main lines are the subconscious and the minor lines are the conscious." I read that on Ghanshyam singh Birla's web site. It is another angle to understanding how palmistry works that I am looking into. So many books seem to be able to give information on the interpretations of hand reading, yet do not give explanations on how they are justified.

Thanks for your time and effort to help with my questions.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon May 28, 2012 1:18 pm

You're welcome tap.

I don't have any understanding on why certain parts are attributed with certain meanings. That's an age old theory, which has been passed on along with time.

But, What's the use in identifiying "why it works" part of it?
You can take "what is there" and move on.
I hope you're getting my point. Its like - "Instead of asking how electricty works, you can ask what all can I do with electricity?"
I am just sharing my point of view. Finally, it depends on your interests Smile

Regarding Birla's theory: Can you pls tell me how super conscious and/or collective unconscious is different from unconscious? Pls give some practical examples also, if you have. I couldn't understand that part at all Sad
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon May 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Yes initially I went with more or less a faith based attitude, but I also want to understand it on a different level. After looking at Birla's theory, I googled some on the super conscious to try to understand it more myself. This is one of the sites I found to try to understand this myself.

http://zazenlife.com/2012/03/01/super-conscious-mind/

tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon May 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi Tap,

Interesting stuff!!

Since you are trying to connect various aspects of human consciousness to the various aspects of the hand, I would like to make point:

You probably know that the words 'conscious', 'subconscious' and 'superconscious' are sort of theoretical constructs from the fields of psychology.

However, there is no common agreement about how to describe and define those constructs exactly; wikipedia reports:

"The term subconscious is used in many different contexts and has no single or precise definition. This greatly limits its significance as a definition-bearing concept, and in consequence the word tends to be avoided in academic and scientific settings."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subconscious

So while many palm readers enjoy to speculate from a philosophical point of view about how various aspects of the hand can be connected with these psychological elements... I am not sure that it really relates to how the hands is connected with the brains (= the tittle of your topic).

Because the brain is for sure a real phenomenon, but the concepts related to the word 'conscious' usually represent only the opportunity for us to communicate about certain psychological phenomena that are hard to quantify and qualify - only in an abstract manner.

I guess this makes this sort an 'egg or chicken' discussion. Quite comparable with how people tend to talk as if thoughts and emotions can be seperated from each other (though there are psychological techniques with an objective to attempt seperating thoughts from emotions, both always go together)

'Can we say that the headline is only about 'thoughts' and the heartline only about 'emotions'?'

Most hand reading books may suggest that this is the case, however, over the years I have recognized that this type of classification is very likely an over-simplification - especially since such classifications appear to be based on the assumption that 'thinking' and 'feeling' are separate processes.

Are they?

Tap, thank you for your interesting attempt to discuss this aspect of the hand & brain. Thumbs up!

PS. I guess my rather complex considerations above illustrate why over the years I have moved a little bit away from researching how the hand is connecting with psychological functioning (and my interest became much more focused on how the hand relates to medical and genetic functioning - in order to get a foot on solid ground regarding how the hand is connected with psychological functioning). But with one foot on the ground... some people relatively often have started question where my foot really is connected to, but I have reasons to expect that YOU will understand what I mean Wink .
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks Martijn

I have had a hard time trying to explain my thoughts and the questions I have about hand reading. You have done a good job on understanding the dilemma I am facing with hand reading. I can definitely understand why you focus on how the hand relates to medical and genetic functioning to gain understanding.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramann Mon May 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Mr.V.Ramachandran's book-Phantoms in the brain will give a beautiful account of the brain and how they function. Beautifully illustrated with case studies it makes an easy and comprehendable read for a lay man.

Nobis
Ramann
Ramann

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon May 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:

PS. I guess my rather complex considerations above illustrate why over the years I have moved a little bit away from researching how the hand is connecting with psychological functioning (and my interest became much more focused on how the hand relates to medical and genetic functioning - in order to get a foot on solid ground regarding how the hand is connected with psychological functioning). But with one foot on the ground... some people relatively often have started question where my foot really is connected to, but I have reasons to expect that YOU will understand what I mean Wink .[/color]

I think it takes an intuitive mind to process the mix of information from medical, biological, genetic data and psychological aspects. Behavior is a result of this mix combined with experiences via the environment. The hands represent one of many physical avenues to observe the visible nature of our psychology.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Mon May 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks Nobis

I am certainly a lay man in this field. I am so glad that I will have more time this summer to be able to focus on this and read through the materials suggested. Also, I hope to be able to spend time looking more closely at all the hands posted and reading all the comments. There is so much valuable information to glean from this site, given the time.
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramann Mon May 28, 2012 3:26 pm

tap wrote:Thanks Nobis
I am certainly a lay man in this field. I am so glad that I will have more time this summer to be able to focus on this and read through the materials suggested. Also, I hope to be able to spend time looking more closely at all the hands posted and reading all the comments. There is so much valuable information to glean from this site, given the time.

I am a layman too as palmistry takes more than a life time to master.Hope you find this forum very good to learn and know more of the hands.Some of the wonderful palmists are on board. Yes

Nobis
Ramann
Ramann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next