Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands!

+7
Sari
jeanette
Felicity Martin
Lynn
nonas_insights
Patti
Martijn (admin)
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Empty Re: SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands!

Post  Manfred Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi p-friends,

perhaps an interesting link:

http://www.mhpublications.com/Difference.htm

Regards
Manfred

Manfred

http://www.handlesen.de

Back to top Go down

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Empty Re: SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands!

Post  Patti Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Manfred wrote:Hi p-friends,

perhaps an interesting link:

http://www.mhpublications.com/Difference.htm

Regards
Manfred

Thank you Manfred for sharing this. After quickly reading it (will go back soon and read more carefully) I really am enjoying what I'm reading and how the information is laid out.

This quote from the paper you uploaded adds to something I posted yesterday about how the mind works in interrelating and associating the various features of the hands to make conclusions:

"Expression implies life, vivacity, content, substance, something flowing, a way of relating. It is difficult to measure expression, even more so to define what it is. However, it can be easily recognized when observed, in the same way that facial expression is. "

That is very much how I see it.

The use of "expression", as an important aspect of this presentation, is very subjective, but that does not make it invalid.

Thank you for sharing this link!

Thanks!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
One of my sources in this schizophrenia study concerns an article by Yael Haft-Pomrock (Chirologist and Psychotherapist, Private Practice, Haifa, Israel), titled:
Differences between Schizophrenics and Normal Controls Using Chirological (Hand) Testing

This article comes very close to how hand characteristics are assessed in the field of hand reading.

The article is e.g. featured with a few illustrations of hands of people who suffer from schizophrenia (though unfortunately the quality of those materials is not very good).
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Image008 SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Image030

Martijn,
Regarding your words I changed to green, are you saying that hand characteristics are given the same 'meanings' in hand analysis/palmistry? Or are you agreeing to how 'expression' is assessed in this study much as it is in hand analysis?
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Patti wrote:
Martijn,
Regarding your words I changed to green, are you saying that hand characteristics are given the same 'meanings' in hand analysis/palmistry? Or are you agreeing to how 'expression' is assessed in this study much as it is in hand analysis?

Hi Patti,

While using the word 'assessment' I was only referring to the observation of hand characteristics - not the interpretation. So my comment only relates to what you describe in your 2nd sentence/question.

wave

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:
Martijn,

Hi Patti,

While using the word 'assessment' I was only referring to the observation of hand characteristics - not the interpretation. So my comment only relates to what you describe in your 2nd sentence/question.

wave

Thanks!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Empty schizophrenia

Post  weepingwillow Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Hello,
My mother had this unfortunate disease and they say that she was a very intelligent lady
who really shouldnt have been put away for so long, but due to her insecurities she never came out... I never knew her, so i cant comment on her or the family.
I was never sure if she really was, or perhaps she was driven into this state, as i believe her husband and father were rather dominating people.
But, reading your website , the family like myself have broad foreheads and long
faces, would this show up in my hands if there was a hereditary disposition

weepingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 pm

weepingwillow wrote:Hello,
My mother had this unfortunate disease and they say that she was a very intelligent lady
who really shouldnt have been put away for so long, but due to her insecurities she never came out... I never knew her, so i cant comment on her or the family.
I was never sure if she really was, or perhaps she was driven into this state, as i believe her husband and father were rather dominating people.
But, reading your website , the family like myself have broad foreheads and long
faces, would this show up in my hands if there was a hereditary disposition

Hello WeepingWillow,

Thank you for your interesting question. And I understand how you probably arrived at this association due to the facial characteristics that you've mentioned.

However, I am very aware that the variations seen in the hands can be very large and therefore I can not answer your question in general.

(So, I would only be able to say anything about your hands I you would share an impression of your hands... because only then I would be able to get an impression of the potential presence of significant constellations - which would require to be present in multiple-dimensions of your hands)

I hope my answer makes sense?

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:37 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Roosi wrote:Hi wave

Btw, autism and schizophrenia may be two sides of the same coin thinking

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18226-autism-and-schizophrenia-could-be-genetic-opposites.html

Yes, this might in a way be very true.

For example, autism is typically featured with a low '2D:4D digit ratio' (= usually a relatively long ringfinger)... while schizophrenia studies have shown that a 'female' finger ratio (2D:4D digit ratio > 1) is more common among schizophrenics. Prof. John Manning described these tendencies in his book 'The Finger Book' (2008).

Roosi, thanks for adding the link!

Thanks!

Earlier this year (2012) a Chinese study identified (high) 2d:4d digit ratio as a key-factor in identifying schizophrenia from minor physical anomalies:
http://www.psy-journal.com/article/S0165-1781(12)00374-5/abstract
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:52 pm

The article about schizophrenia has been update with 2 new hand features related to the so-called 'primitive reflexes'; one of them - the palmomental reflex - is now listed as the 2nd most significant feature significant for the hand in schizophrenia!

See: http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/schizophrenia-simian-line-palm-reading.htm

PS. Last month research from Nothingham have reported to have found evidence for the existence of a 'brain switch' that results in schizophrenia (see the video below); the frontal lobe is involved... which is also responsible for the 'primitive reflexes'!

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:38 am

Major update:

The article has been updated with 7 other hand signs significant for schizophrenia, the phantom picture has also been updated (e.g. the proportions now resemble more what can be expected), and the full article has been re-written according the brand new concept presented in the Multi-Perspective Palm reading project, see:

Schizophrenia & the hand: 47 hand signs!
Schizophrenia & the hand system according Multi-Perspective Palm Reading!

Phantom picture for the hand in schizophrenia:
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Schizophrenia-hands-phantom-picture

Hand characteristics in the ordinary population:
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! - Page 3 Common-hands-phantom-picture
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3