Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
deleted deleted - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
deleted deleted - Page 3 Voting17deleted deleted - Page 3 Voting19deleted deleted - Page 3 Voting18 
puneet
deleted deleted - Page 3 Voting17deleted deleted - Page 3 Voting19deleted deleted - Page 3 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

deleted deleted

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

deleted deleted - Page 3 Empty Re: deleted deleted

Post  Patti Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Last edited by Patti on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Patti wrote:I would have made that correction last night, but when I looked closely at your drawing on the negative, it isn't clear that you have only drawn on the ridges, so I let my comment stand.

wave
confused Patti, then please specify your point:

At what location do you think that I have not followed the ridges in the 'reversed' picture?

(Though I did not use a 'layer' - I think my purple lines follow a ridge path at exactly the same location in both pictures)

PS. If you decide permanently not to correct your statement about my lines in the 'reversed' picture... even while you now know that your statement is not correct at all... then that would become a clear example of that in your approach, afterwards you are even able to 'read' your own mistakes... as 'valid comments'.

And if you continue with this approach towards your own mistakes only, then you appear to create a 'phantasy-world of assumptions' where your can put any element 'upside down' at any moment in time... whenever it suits you.

(While in the real world, the same comment will only serve as a 'clear' mistake - but as a forum manager I better avoid to take any responsibility for such mistakes)

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Emoticon deleted because today... became a sad day.)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:

However Patti, I do have an interesting alternative print for consideration....

Because as an alternative for the Disney example, I would like to invite you to take a closer look at figure 232 in the F.B.I. book (which I already mentioned earlier in this discussion).

I am looking forward to hear if you recognize the similarities with Kiwihands' example.

NOTICE:

In figure 232 we don't see any 'complete whorling ridge' either (just like in Kiwihands' example), but there is a likewise S-shaped pattern (not a 'double loop' either, because the shoulders involved are connected)... and it is classified as a 'central loop pocket'!

Again ... I am looking forward to hear your thought about that example!

(Actually, I hope that you will recognize what I just described about figure 232... because that should make you able to 'jump of the fence'... and formulate a permanent opinion about Kiwihands example as well)

In fig. 232, as Kiwi already pointed out, there can be seen at least 1 ridge (red) making a complete circuit (as a spiral).

deleted deleted - Page 3 Fig_2310

scratch ... And??? What is your point?

Sorry Patti, I now really have to make two points that illustrate that your attempts appear to go... 'nowhere'(!):

1 - First of all, I observe that likewise 'circuits' can be seen in Kiwihands' example - see for example the picture below.

2 - And second, I should add here immediately that [u]the issue of the 'complete circuit' ONLY relates to the assessment of a 'whorl'[/u].... so I don't understand why you are now using the issue of a 'complete circuit' as an argument to use again my assessment for 'central pocket loop'.

So Patti, can you please explain why you are using this argument... or are you just... ( Very Happy ) ... 'thinking out loud'???

deleted deleted - Page 3 S-patt15

You really should read the rules yourself before posting.

The central pocket loop type of whorl has two deltas and at least one ridge making a complete circuit, which may be spiral, oval, circular, or any variant of a circle.

thinking ... I don't mind admitting that I made a mistake regarding the 2nd point that I made earlier in this discussion (see the red words above), but in the first point I had already explained that there a 'complete circuit' visible - because the 'S'-shape belongs to the category of a 'spiral' or 'circle variant'.

So, I completely mis-formulated there my second argument... instead I should have mentioned that because of the first point that I made, the aspect of the 'complete' circuit becomes simply irrelevant for both the 'plain whorl' and the 'central pocket loop', because while it is found in the definitions of both the 'plain whorl' and the 'central pocket loop'... is is also visible in Kiwihands' example!

Patti, thanks for your correction earlier in the discussion... but about 8 hours ago I had already picked-up that element in my summarizing-post:

"... And finally, regarding the issue of the 'complete circuit' mentioned in the definition of the CENTRAL POCKET LOOP, it does not require to have a 'complete circuit'... because even situations where one can speak of 'almost a complete circuit' is sufficient, because the definition on page 46 clearly describes:

"The central pocket loop type of whorl has two deltas and at least one ridge which makes or tends to make a complete circuit."

And Kiwihands' example also meets the other major requirements mentioned in the definition... "

(So, that point 2 'argument' was not much more than a formulation mistake from my side, but never became a relevant in my assessment - illustrated by the fact that in my summarizing post I actually mentioned that the 'complete circuit' is also present in the definition of a 'central pocket loop')

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:...

Anyway... I already described that the issue of a 'complete circuit' is actually COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT for the assessment of a 'central pocket loop'[/color]

Very Happy ... And of course I should have mentioned in my later comment (see above) as well that it was actually my first argument (see my former post) that made the issue of the 'complete circuit' irrelevant - because... a 'complete circuit' IS present in Kiwihands' example (manifesting as: a 'whorling ridge' + the 'S'-shape).
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:24 pm

deleted

Last edited by kiwihands on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:36 pm

my version of the FBI book must be a different edition different from yours, and in its definition the "tends to" is missing. Instead it just says "The central pocket loop type of whorl has two deltas and at least one ridge making a complete circuit, which may be spiral, oval, circular, or any variant of a circle." I assume my edition is older than yours since I downloaded it for free from Project Gutenberg, and I'll amend the definition.

well spotted kiwihands! I've been using the same version as you
http://www.dermatoglyphics.com/sof/

but I found this version at
Google Books
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:57 pm

Hello Kiwihands,

Great to hear that my 'summarizing comment' became very helpful for you, and your comments sounds like you made significant progress in understanding your 'central pocket loop' example.

Thanks!

PS. I am using a 1998 version of 'The Science of Fingerprints'.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 pm

The Project Gutenberg version says "Release Date: August 10, 2006"
so this is the more modern version, which has the definition
"The central pocket loop type of whorl has two deltas and at least one ridge making a complete circuit, which may be spiral, oval, circular, or any variant of a circle."
(omitting or tends to make)

I didn't know an S shape can be described as a variant of a circle ...can it?
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Lynn wrote:The Project Gutenberg version says "Release Date: August 10, 2006"
so this is the more modern version, which has the definition
"The central pocket loop type of whorl has two deltas and at least one ridge making a complete circuit, which may be spiral, oval, circular, or any variant of a circle."
(omitting or tends to make)

I didn't know an S shape can be described as a variant of a circle ...can it?

Lynn, regarding the S-shape... I can specify that a little bit more:

Don't you think that a "S"-shape (which typically manifests in the 'grooves') can be recognized as a 'spiral'-variant? - See for example the illustration of a 'whorl' below.

(Because if you imagine two "S-shapes" that are entwingled, and you start a visualization where the central points 'curl' inside eachother... the result will be a 'spiral')

I hope it make sense for you now?

deleted deleted - Page 3 Fingerprint.1
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

deleted deleted - Page 3 Empty Accidental loop

Post  Magda van Dijk-Rijneke Thu May 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Hello everybody,
Has nobody heard about the little or small double loop as a fingerprint? It is a variant of the double loop. The little double loop has the same qualities as the normal double loop, dependent on which finger.
Magda van Dijk-Rijneke
Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

http://www.magdavandijk.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu May 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Magda van Dijk-Rijneke wrote:Hello everybody,
Has nobody heard about the little or small double loop as a fingerprint? It is a variant of the double loop. The little double loop has the same qualities as the normal double loop, dependent on which finger.

Hi Magda!
Are you referring to the very core of the whorl pattern where sometimes it's a tiny spiral, sometimes concentric circles and sometimes a double loop, but we are only able to see this pattern clearly in the very center?

I have whorl fingerprints and the extreme central portion of the different prints vary.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

deleted deleted - Page 3 Empty Accidental loop

Post  Magda van Dijk-Rijneke Thu May 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Patty,
Yes, it is a little double loop in the center of a normal loop.
Magda van Dijk-Rijneke
Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu May 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Magda van Dijk-Rijneke wrote:Hi Patty,
Yes, it is a little double loop in the center of a normal loop.

A central pocket loop or peacock's eye is what these have been called. I think it's important that the central pattern be contained. The guidelines state that when you draw a line from one triradius to the other there should be a complete pattern above this line that is contained. I've seen this rule stated various ways. With concentric circles it's easier to find a contained circle or pattern, but with the double loop, the ridges unwind and tend to cross this drawn line between the triradii. Then the rules become more complex (as you can see from the earlier part of this discussion).

Also, if it has 2 triradii, it's a whorl of some sort.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

deleted deleted - Page 3 Empty accidental loop

Post  Magda van Dijk-Rijneke Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 pm

I know what you mean but still it is not a central pocket loop or peacock's eye? I know it is very difficult. But when you follow the ridge in the middle than you get a very small double loop in a normal loop. Sometimes the rules are too stricted, you can make it so difficult as you want. But never mind, you can see what you want. When it is to difficult explain it as an usual loop.
Love Magda
Magda van Dijk-Rijneke
Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu May 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi Magda,

Nice to see you participating in the discussions again! Thumbs up!

By the way, have you noticed that Lynn, Patti & me are usually discussing the details of fingerprints with the F.B.I. book 'The Science of Fingerprints'?

(I think Patti's comments about the various types of the whorl, double loop, central pocket loop, etc.... follow what is described in that book; today this book is really THE authority in the international field of the study of fingerprints)

An online version of the full book is available here:
http://www.dermatoglyphics.com/sof/

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri May 27, 2011 12:45 am

Magda van Dijk-Rijneke wrote:I know what you mean but still it is not a central pocket loop or peacock's eye? I know it is very difficult. But when you follow the ridge in the middle than you get a very small double loop in a normal loop. Sometimes the rules are too stricted, you can make it so difficult as you want. But never mind, you can see what you want. When it is to difficult explain it as an usual loop.
Love Magda

Hi Magda,
I agree with you in the respect that rules can be limiting.

The FBI rules are good for classifying the patterns, but they narrow them down into too few of groups for use in palmistry. Personally, I think the essence of a person with a big double loop filling the fingertip pad is very different from someone with a smaller double loop inside a 'pocket'.

Purkinje, who first identified and categorized the various fingerprints divided them into 9 categories which the FBI has narrowed down to arches, loops and whorls with subcategories plus the odd prints that don't fit in just one category. This is basically related to triradii. Arches with 0, loops with 1 and whorls with 2 or more.

Purkinje also in the early 1800's stated that he thought every subjective state related to an objective state. The FBI is primarily concerned about accurate and repeatable identification and not a person's objective and subjective states of being.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

deleted deleted - Page 3 Empty Accidental Loop

Post  Magda van Dijk-Rijneke Sat May 28, 2011 11:43 am

Thank you Patti and Martijn fore your explanation, this is interesting! Exclamation
I have downloaded that famous book and now I going to study it. But now..., what is in your oppinion the qualities of character of that accidental loop Question .
Magda van Dijk-Rijneke
Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3