Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Will I ever learn honest handreading? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Will I ever learn honest handreading?

5 posters

Go down

Will I ever learn honest handreading? Empty Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  yogiman Fri May 15, 2015 12:02 pm

I have just finished a course, and it was a little less than I had expected. My view now is that handreading is a lot like reading tarot cards, i.e. things can be very much multi-interpretabel with lots of opportunities for cold reading. And when handfeatures really don't relate to reality, the reason could be that things are still unmanifest, or the lines match the view of the client.

My tentative conclusion is that handreading, like tarot and astrology, is only really suited for psychics.

yogiman

Back to top Go down

Will I ever learn honest handreading? Empty Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  learner Fri May 15, 2015 1:56 pm

yogiman wrote:I have just finished a course, and it was a little less than I had expected. My view now is that handreading is  a lot like reading tarot cards, i.e. things can be very much multi-interpretabel with lots of opportunities for cold reading. And when handfeatures really don't  relate to reality, the reason could be that things are still unmanifest, or the lines match the view of the client.

My tentative conclusion is that handreading, like tarot and astrology, is only really suited for psychics.

Can you give details abut the course topics ? If you don't mind can you tell what made you reach your concluson. It would be nice for learners like me if you could share more thoughts.

Thanks.

learner

Back to top Go down

Will I ever learn honest handreading? Empty Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat May 16, 2015 10:36 pm

yogiman wrote:I have just finished a course, and it was a little less than I had expected. My view now is that handreading is  a lot like reading tarot cards, i.e. things can be very much multi-interpretabel with lots of opportunities for cold reading. And when handfeatures really don't  relate to reality, the reason could be that things are still unmanifest, or the lines match the view of the client.

Hi yogiman,

I think in most hand reading courses the full potential of hand reading does not really get explored, because everything will depend of the experience & background of the hand reader involved... and in many introduction courses the content does not go beyond the superficial stuff that is discussed in the major part of the palmistry literature.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience!

Thumb up
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Sun May 17, 2015 1:40 am

Any course you do will give you the brief outline. It cannot go into all details. Nowadays since last 5/6 years I see so many odd hands which I never saw in my initial 26 years of palm reading. This is because the thought process of man changes so fast according to the circumstances he faces and what he learns from life. All that gets reflected in the palm and we have to sit and find out what it means. I do it by discussing with the person to get to know what goes on in his mind and try to relate it with the indications in the palm. You will find your own method to evaluate the palms. Your own practise and research will guide you in a new direction and lots and lots of effort will be required to get success and make your mark in palm reading. Then late in life you will realise you have done well.

P.K.

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  yogiman Sun May 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Can you give details abut the course topics ?  If you don't mind can you tell what made you reach your concluson.  It would be nice for learners like me if you could share more thoughts.

Thanks.

What's your own experience with handreading?

yogiman

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Mon May 18, 2015 12:55 am

yogiman wrote:

Can you give details abut the course topics ?  If you don't mind can you tell what made you reach your concluson.  It would be nice for learners like me if you could share more thoughts.

Thanks.

What's your own experience with handreading?

I am still learning, but I think that there is lot of truth to palm reading. We cannot become good unless we practice at least on hundreds of hands. Some experts here say that you have to read at least 10000 hands to be good. I don't think it is suited only for psychics. There are rules that can be studied and understood by most people. I think the 5 element method is also very interesting.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  yogiman Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks for your reply. This is a question of basic importance. I find it a pity that unlike on a tarot forum, there is little response.

However, on the aeclectic tarot forum I have found a very commercial and dictatorial atmosphere, which is in strong contrast with the straightforwardness and honesty of Martijn van Mensvoort.

yogiman

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon May 18, 2015 11:39 am

yogiman wrote:Thanks for your reply. This is a question of basic importance. I find it a pity that unlike on a tarot forum, there is little response.

However, on the aeclectic tarot forum I have found a very commercial and dictatorial atmosphere, which is in strong contrast with the straightforwardness and honesty of Martijn van Mensvoort.

Good to hear how you appreciate my efforts. Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon May 18, 2015 11:41 pm

learner wrote:I am still learning, but I think that there is lot of truth to palm reading. We cannot become good unless we practice at least on hundreds of hands. Some experts here say that you have to read at least 10000 hands to be good. I don't think it is suited only for psychics. There are rules that can be studied and understood by most people. I think the 5 element method is also very interesting.

I agree with everything that learner said, except I don't know about the 10,000 hands thing, I've heard it before but I never counted how many hands I've read. 10,000 seems a lot!
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 pm

I'm wondering why the course was less than you expected - was it not a good course or do you have very high expectations? Wink Out of interest, was it an online course or did you attend in person? how many hours was it? what type of palmistry did it teach you?

Yes of course things on the hand are multi-interpretable, that's why we have to look at all hand features in combination. Remember that any one single hand feature doesn't mean anything specific on it's own, you have to take the rest of the hand into consideration, comparing and contrasting all features.

re "when hand features don't relate to reality" - but the hand features should relate to reality. Can you give an example to illustrate & help me understand your point?

re "My view now is that handreading is  a lot like reading tarot cards"
I read tarot, and I think that handreading and tarot are very different in so many ways! Handreading is much more technical & analytical, whereas tarot has so many more different layers of interpretation, can be read in different ways eg from the traditional card meanings, from the symbolism of the deck, from the kabbalistic perspective, from intuition etc.

re "My tentative conclusion is that handreading, like tarot and astrology, is only really suited for psychics"  I disagree. I think it is possible for psychics to read tarot without any knowledge of the cards. Some palmists rely only on intuition eg the feelings they get by touching someone's hand but they can't go as in-depth as someone who has studied the more analytical, technical aspects of handreading. I don't think astrology is at all psychic, it requires technical knowledge of how to construct &  interpret charts etc. Three very different modalities.

(edit) PS one final question - what exactly do you mean by 'honest hand reading' ?
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 am

pravin kumar wrote:Any course you do will give you the brief outline. It cannot go into all details. Nowadays since last 5/6 years I see so many odd hands which I never saw in my initial 26 years of palm reading. This is because the thought process of man changes so fast according to the circumstances he faces and what he learns from life. All that gets reflected in the palm and we have to sit and find out what it means. I do it by discussing with the person to get to know what goes on in his mind and try to relate it with the indications in the palm. You will find your own method to evaluate the palms. Your own practise and research will guide you in a new direction and lots and lots of effort will be required to get success and make your mark in palm reading. Then late in life you will realise you have done well.

P.K.

Pravin, I understand and agree with what you are saying. Interestingly I too have recently seen some hand features that I never saw before in 26 years experience! After a reading I also sit and discuss with clients to understand how the hand features play out in their lives, to help learn for future reference. There are no 'quick fixes' in learning hand reading, every hand is unique, so every day is a challenge to learn more. It takes a lot of time and study and experience. So keep at it yogiman! wave
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue May 19, 2015 12:17 am

learner wrote:

Thanks.

I am also interested to know the answers to learner's questions: what were the course topics? and  "what made you reach your conclusion"?
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Lynn wrote:
learner wrote:I am still learning, but I think that there is lot of truth to palm reading. We cannot become good unless we practice at least on hundreds of hands. Some experts here say that you have to read at least 10000 hands to be good. I don't think it is suited only for psychics. There are rules that can be studied and understood by most people. I think the 5 element method is also very interesting.

I agree with everything that learner said, except I don't know about the 10,000 hands thing, I've heard it before but I never counted how many hands I've read. 10,000 seems a lot!

Hi Lynn,

I agree: regarding the people who make claims about reading more than 10.000 hands, I am not impressed at all by such claims... because quality does not always come with quantity!

For example: I think doing a 1000 'five-minute-speed-readings' should not be assumed to represent a likewise experience compared to doing let's say a 100 thorough in-dept readings that each might take even more than an hour (preferably with a hand print or photo made that can be studied again at a later moment).

I think the latter experience is more likely to result in a quality (learning) experience for both the hand reader and the subject involved.

Instead of counting my hand reading experiences over time, I prefer to save the use of numbers for the purpose of descriptive quality research - because I think such numbers can serve my own interests and the interest of the full hand reading community much more... while the clean counting of whatever type of hand reading experience involved merely has the effect of building an inflated ego (which could even end up to work out to become like a fetish - I have noticed that the IIHA hand analysts appear to have become susceptible for such arbitrary countings).

So, in general I would advice student to strive for quality experiences and to worry about how many hands they have read.

Laughing
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down