Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion!

+7
Parender
tajender
Kiran.Katawa
Lynn
kiwihands
knox gillespie
Martijn (admin)
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Empty Re: 6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion!

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:43 am

... While working out the details of the results mentioned in my previous post, I have made significant process in my attempt to understand the (biometric) results so far better; and I have made some modifications inside my article, which is now titled:

Extraversion predicted via 2D:4D digit ratio, finger length & hand shape proportions!

"... statistics which suggest that for 79% of cases OUTSIDE the 'neutral hand shape proportions' can be correctly predicted via the hand shape proportions"

MORE DETAILS:
http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/extraversion-digit-ratio-finger-length-hand-shape.htm

PS. The (modifiied) picture below now summarizes the stricking similarities between the female- and male sample much more clearly; the details are described more explicit insie the accessory article.

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Extraversion-2d-4d-digit-ratio-hand-shape
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Empty Re: 6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion!

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 am

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Extraversion-introversion-hand-signs

The new 'Hand Model for Extraversion' is available!

A detailed comparison of the male- and female samples have indicated that the Big Five dimension Extraversion tends to manifest in the hand via a combination of aspects in 3 hand dimensions:

1) Hand shape (palm length versus palm breadth, hypothenar versus thenar)
2) Finger morphology (finger length versus palm breadth, 2D:4D digit ratio)
3) Hand lines (heart line radial termination, head line radial termination)

Many more details are presented in this brand new article:
6 Hands signs for Extraversion / Introversion

(Contrary to the earlier article, the new article describes how the 'Hand Model for Extraversion' has been composed; and the new model describes more explicit that there is a third (neutral) category that is found between Extraversion and Introversion... formally called Ambiversion!)

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 am

Kiran.Katawa wrote:
Martijn, what I wanted to know is: how did you take a rating on the individual parameters?
'coz, in the set of cases, where the separation of headline is studied for, there might be other factors which influenced them from being introvert and not exactly this marker.

For those, where the head and life line are separated, it can be said that, since, they mingle with the group, they may want to be independent of the group! And since, they are with group very much, they are mostly extraverts and introverts.

The rest of the points, other than 8, are very logical, particularly the Moon mount and life line. But, this separation point is not convincing.

Kiran, in the new results all numbers have risen from statistics derived from the 48 cases that I have studied; table 3 presents an overview of the occurence of the variations inside the 6 individual hand signs:
http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/extraversion-ambiversion-introversion-hand-signs.htm#HandSigns

E.g. from the details one can derive that the 'dissociated head line' has been notified in about 33% of the introverts (versus 11% of the extraverts); it's a tendency that has been observed in both the female and the male sample - though in the male sample the effect-size is low.

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Hand-lines-pic-300

PS. The 'weights' featured in the picture of the article (see previous post) indicate that the starting point of the head line does not represent much more than a minor sign (representing 4% of the full Hand Model for Extraversion); so one should not conclude from these results that most people who have a dissociated head line tend to be introverts.

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Very Happy Interesting comments from a guy (who claims to have a Sydney line) at the Facebook simian line group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSimainLine/10151343569594028/?notif_t=group_comment
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Very Happy Interesting comments from a guy (who claims to have a Sydney line) at the Facebook simian line group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSimainLine/10151343569594028/?notif_t=group_comment
Martijn,
I am not a member of this group yet. Have requested for membership.Meanwhile, can you please post here what he says there?

I got the access Martijn. But, the link is not directly takng to the comment you're pointing to here. Its pointing to conversation. Which comment are you referring to?
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Kiran.Katawa wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Martijn,
I am not a member of this group yet. Have requested for membership.Meanwhile, can you please post here what he says there?

I got the access Martijn. But, the link is not directly takng to the comment you're pointing to here. Its pointing to conversation. Which comment are you referring to?

Hi Kiran,

This is the comment that I refered to:

Anas Baek "Thanks Martijn, I have a dissociated SL on my left palm (also normal SL on my right), and yes I'm 100% an introvert, so that confirms your study"
Sunday at 5:14pm

(The 5th comment in my FaceBook topic inside the simian line group starting with the sentence: "Simian line linked with Introversion: ...")
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Regarding the role of the simian line in this 'Hand Model for Extraversion'... maybe it is also interesting to take a look at item 9, 10, 12 and 13 in Larry Rodrigues' simian line survey (based on 1660 participants): http://handanalysis.com/survey_results.html

(These 4 items appear to suggest that the high percentages of simian liners tend to consider themselves as: 'weird', being 'a 'loner', to have less than average no. of friends, and/or to express themselves more 'blunt' than others in social situations/interactions; unfortunately... a control group is missing in this online study and therefore it is almost impossible to destilate any solid conclusions)

NOTICE: Especially the 'dissociated simian line' (observed in 3 out of 21 introverts) appears to play a significant role in the Hand Model for Extraversion.

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Hand-lines-pic-200
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyuss Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Thumb up
Kyuss
Kyuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 am

The following picture should become helpful to understand the Big Five dimension Extraversion a little bit better; the major key-words inside this picture are:

- Extraversion (= extraversion '+') = outward looking, expression & application;
- Introvert (= extraversion '-') = inward looking, observation & interpretation.

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Elemen11

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meshlines Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Martijn,

I agree with all you have concluded so far in this research. Especially with 2D:4D ratio.

As per the multiple points on which you have classified extraversion/intraversion, I have just one question.

It says that "Extraversion is noted with a high positioned thenar crease(life line) + long connection with proximal transverse crease(head line)" and correspondingly "Introversion is noted with a low positioned thenar crease + disconnected proximal transverse crease".

What conclusion can you draw for a proximal transverse crease that originates below the thenar crease (ie. a head line which originates nearer the thumb, below the life line?)

Obviously that makes it disconnected lines. Will this be included as an example of introversion?

meshlines

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:04 pm

meshlines wrote:Hi Martijn,

I agree with all you have concluded so far in this research. Especially with 2D:4D ratio.

As per the multiple points on which you have classified extraversion/intraversion, I have just one question.

It says that "Extraversion is noted with a high positioned thenar crease(life line) + long connection with proximal transverse crease(head line)" and correspondingly "Introversion is noted with a low positioned thenar crease + disconnected proximal transverse crease".

What conclusion can you draw for a proximal transverse crease that originates below the thenar crease (ie. a head line which originates nearer the thumb, below the life line?)

Obviously that makes it disconnected lines. Will this be included as an  example of introversion?

Hello meshlines,

(Sorry for this rather late response!)

During the past week I have made progres in my Extraversion-study, and now I am finally able to answer your question with a thorough answer:

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Extraversion-principals-extraverts-introverts-males-females

My latest findings suggest that it is essential to consider the 'vertical' dynamics displayed by the hand, where the focus should be putten on hand proportions & the 2 major transverse creases (a.k.a. heart line and head line).

Now, regarding your 'proximal crease crosses life line' example: the principles presented in the chart above indicate that a proximal tendency regarding the location of the proximal crease (head line) can be understood as a '-' factor on the radial side of the hand... which is likely more typical for  'extraverts'!

So, I think your example should not be associated with 'disconnected line variant' - especially since the crossing of the two lines can actually formally best be described accurately as a variant of 'connected lines'.

PS. I have decided to 'lock' this topic in order to allow members to make a fresh start on the new results - as for the first time the (new) results now present a sensible concept for how to recognize 'extraversion' from the hand!

NOTICE: The new topic is available here:
How to assess EXTRAVERSION from the hand?
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Kiran.Katawa wrote:
Okay. Thank you Martijn.

Kiran, I have been thinking about your question/comment a little bit more ... and as an additional thought, maybe the picture below kind of explains why it is not surprizing to see that 'independent thinking' appears to correlate with 'introversion' (in the hand).

INdependent
INtroversion

(The words themselves also show a connection)

"Seeking independence (via act or thought) can by principle be recognized as a typical expression for the need/nature of an introvert"

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 Introvert-pic-goldfish

happy move

I just spotted at the Wikipedia page about the Big Five model  that introverts indeed get associated with thinking "more independent":

"Introverts have lower social engagement and energy levels than extraverts. They tend to seem quiet, low-key, deliberate, and less involved in the social world. Their lack of social involvement should not be interpreted as shyness or depression; instead they are more independent of their social world than extraverts."

This confirms my association that the results reported in my study actually confirm the idea that 'independent head lines' are more often seen in introverts - read: independent thinkers!

And this implicates that it doesn't make much sense to associate the 'dissociated head line' with extraversion (like is seen in the works of  e.g. N. Altman, J. Fincham, K. Andries).

By the way, it is also interesting to notice that other authors (e.g. K.Z. Jones, page 81) have associated a large gap between the heart line and the head line to represent a typical feature for the extravert... which makes sense in the perspective of the fact that my study also has pointed out that a connection between the heart and head line (such as the simian line) is more often seen in introverts!

PS. In the Myers-Brigg personality model the INTJ-type (introverted, intuitive, thinking, judging) is also recognized to represent the " the most independent of all of the sixteen personality types."... obviously this concerns one of the introverted types!

6 Hand signs for Extraversion / Introversion! - Page 3 021913_0009_INTJPersona1
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3