Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 62 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Voting17Fingerprints of Identical Twins Voting19Fingerprints of Identical Twins Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Voting17Fingerprints of Identical Twins Voting19Fingerprints of Identical Twins Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Fingerprints of Identical Twins

5 posters

Go down

Fingerprints of Identical Twins Empty Fingerprints of Identical Twins

Post  HandTales Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi, from HandTales:
Does anyone have more information on fingerprint patterns in identical twins?
I recently had the opportunity to decipher the fingerprints of 2 sets of identical twins. The fingerprint patterns are depicted here. One of the twin sisters said to me, "you can't clone a soul, Janet". How true! Note the similarities and the mirroring, left hand/right hand of the patterns.

Fingerprints of Identical Twins Twins.Bro
Fingerprints of Identical Twins Twins.Sis

Would love opinions on this.

HandTales
HandTales

http://www.HandTales.com

Back to top Go down

Fingerprints of Identical Twins Empty Re: Fingerprints of Identical Twins

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Hello HandTales/Janet!

Thank you for sharing your observation.

By the way, did you notice that the 'mirroring-effect' is only seen in the index finger (though regarding the twin brothers one could even argue that it might not be a mirror effect).

But we should be aware here that such a 'mirroring-effect' can sometimes also be seen among family members (among brothers and/or sisters, and among parents and children). And I am pretty sure usually this phenomenon will manifest on the index finger (simply because that finger usually shows the most frequent variations).

So, I am wondering... how common/uncommon is this phenomenon really among family members??

Actually, I have a small collection of 12 pairs of identical twins available... but I should add that all 12 pairs concern 'IDENTICAL 'MIRROR' TWINS' - this implicates that one twin-half is right handed, while the other twin-half is left handed... but they are for sure 'identical'.

A few years ago I made a short report (not related to their fingerprints) about this 'identical mirror twins' population:
http://www.handresearch.com/hand/Evolutie/linksvervolgstudietweelingenEngels.htm

Now, back to the fingerprints...

IF these 'mirroring-effects' are more common among identical twins (compared to other family members), I think it would make sense that these effects are even more common among IDENTICAL MIRROR TWINS.

But as a first impression, I can report that not all twin pairs show a 'mirroring-effect', and I think it is even a minority - but I should check all details before I can specify this observation.

Janet, I think we should collect some information on the occurence of these 'mirroring-effects' among other family members... before we can say anything about the significance of your observation on the occurence of this phenomenon among identical twins.

If you have specified questions regarding my collection... just let me know!

Fingerprints of Identical Twins 615605
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Fingerprints of Identical Twins Empty fingerprints of twins

Post  Pamelah Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:25 am

Hi, Janet. I have read also for two sets of identical twins and there wasn't a mirror effect for either set. I'm with Martijn, not enough of a sampling yet to really know.

I have the fingerprints of my direct family - I have 5 siblings and both my parents are alive. And there is very little correlation in general between all 8 of us. Loops are the most common fingerprint but that is true for the general population. Almost all fingerprint types are represented: whorls, peacocks, loops, tented arches, arches - no composites.
Pamelah
Pamelah

Back to top Go down

Fingerprints of Identical Twins Empty Fingerprints in Identical Twins

Post  HandTales Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am

Sorry if you missed the essence of my observation. The mirroring in these two twins was just an interesting difference. My point was that I had always heard that identical twins have the same fingerprint patterns. I was doubtful about this. The point is even identical twins have varying patterns....thus the Soul Clone comment from one of the twins.

Perhaps the left right/left handedness Martijn mentioned and the index finger switch shows up in "mirror twins". Hadn't heard this term before.
HandTales
HandTales

http://www.HandTales.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:00 am

hi Janet thanks for starting this interesting topic.
The reason twins don't have the same fingerprint patterns is that, apart from the genetic aspects, the print development also depends on environmental conditions on the womb especially when volar pads are forming. You might think they are experiencing the same conditions in that shared environment, but twins don't develop equally the same, eg usually one baby is bigger than the other. (sorry that is a very simplistic description, I'm sure Martijn & Patti can elaborate on the foetal development aspect).
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:13 am

HandTales wrote:Sorry if you missed the essence of my observation. The mirroring in these two twins was just an interesting difference. My point was that I had always heard that identical twins have the same fingerprint patterns. I was doubtful about this. The point is even identical twins have varying patterns....thus the Soul Clone comment from one of the twins.

Perhaps the left right/left handedness Martijn mentioned and the index finger switch shows up in "mirror twins". Hadn't heard this term before.
Hi Handtales, I saw a t.v. programme a while ago about twins and one episode was about mirror twins and they should you a twin looking in the mirror and the example they should was the twin looking in the mirror had a mole on her right cheek and was right handed, then when they brought out her twin, she had the mole on her left cheek and was left handed.
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am

HandTales wrote:Sorry if you missed the essence of my observation. The mirroring in these two twins was just an interesting difference. My point was that I had always heard that identical twins have the same fingerprint patterns. I was doubtful about this....

Hi Janet,

Okay, thank you for explaining your point regarding the similarities in 'patterns' - obviously you were simply misinformed about that issue: for, dissimilarities in the fingerprint 'patterns' of identical twins are actually very common!

Fingerprints of Identical Twins 399964

PS. I think that even a very large majority of identical twins do not have 10 the same patterns - and we should also not forget that... even when there are 10 the same patterns, the each single individual fingerprint has it's unique characteristics, etc.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down