Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Handreading International Conference 2024
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2024 12:17 am by Lynn

» I am a doctor: will I have marriage and children?
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 11:44 am by daskell

» Can anyone read it for me?
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 7:59 am by amit_plawat

» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Square on Marriage line
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 42 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 42 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47499 messages in 4940 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lynn
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Voting17Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Voting19Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Voting18 
amit_plawat
Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Voting17Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Voting19Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Voting18 
daskell
melodystarly523405

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?

+2
anand_palm
kiwihands
6 posters

Go down

Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Empty Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?

Post  kiwihands Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:50 am

Hi everyone,

I've just hit a bit of a snag in my studies and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me. Hope this makes sense:

I used to think that the Jupiter finger gives a good indication of a person's self-esteem (and in general relates to self-reflection), whereas the Mercury finger is more about communication, or how one relates to others, trust, etc. But I have come across a few sources that also see Mercury as representing self-worth, i.e. a thin Mercury would show issues of diminished self-worth. Both fingers, when they are short or crooked, have been described as indicators of a tough childhood.

Am I confusing something? What are your opinions about this?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm aware that there are indicators of self-esteem all over the hand, but right now just trying to get some sort of "simple" concept in my head of each finger and it bothers me that two fingers should share the same connotations...
scratch

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Empty Re: Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?

Post  anand_palm Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Hello Kiwihands

WHatever i have read is that mercury finger represents communication apects, sexual aspects. Also according to chralotte wolf it and partly appollo represents passive zone (emitions, hidden feelings) . the median nerve which would encompass the active zone which combines the middle, thumb and jupiter finger and partly the appollo finger. from that point of view of nerve connection i dont think such kind of specific generlaiztion can be made. In one of the book iam not sure which i forgot i think if i remember begginers guide to palmistry it is being mentioned saturn finger to be the father finger and father of jupiter. the way nervous system connectivity can also said the median nerve plays a crucial role. From an this point of view it would be tough to say jupiter is self worth or not, but i have heard saturn as indicator of self worth. jupiter on pride, leadership, ambition ect..

Mercury fingers deals with communication and i guess voice and how we talk does play a role in sexual aspect. my thought is bent finger on mercury could mean there way of communication may depend on creative skills. Also i have seen people with bent mercury finger towards appollo are bit diplomatic. Iam not sure about crooked finger or short finger. but it can be dealt in relation to being more passive aspects and hidden emotions. what i have noticed is that shorter mercury finger may not say thinghs upfront may hide their emotions.

Thanks
Anand

anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Empty Re: Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello Kiwihands,

I think 'self esteem' concerns a popular term in psychology today, but it concerns actually a rather complex aspect in the psychology of an individual - often described as resulting from believes & emotions. So, maybe the nature of this concept could play a role in your confusion?

My first assocation regarding this concept would be that 'self esteem' can not be read from a single fixed hand marker - such as finger lengths are. Because the nature of 'self esteem' implicates that it is actually a DYNAMIC psychological feature... which implicates that the self esteem in a person can fluctuate dramatically in time.

By the way, maybe it will become helpfull if you add the names of the sources (titles/authors) that made you confused, but I am wondering... did these sources describe anything about how the authors understood the concept of 'self esteem'?

Because I think this concerns somewhat a controversial psychological concept, and in the academic field some expert psychologists have even questioned whether 'self esteem' can be qualified as an objective measure (probably also due to the subjective dynamic nature of this concept), see also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-esteem#Criticism_and_controversy

Just an illustration displaying how 'self esteem' and 'self confidence' represent only some of the components that may create a happy person:

Self-esteem & self-worth: which finger?   Self-esteem-3
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Martijn as well as Anand make some valid points. Self esteem varies in a person's life. Someone's interpretation of what self-esteem is, is important when they assign it to a particular finger.

I think self-esteem can show in the body language of the hand and in just about all parts of the hand.

Sometimes if you are just looking at the fingers, you may be seeing what can be called 'compensating factors'. For instance, an extreme stance and condition of the index finger can represent an outer projection of over confidence when the little finger may show a lack in this area. The energy of the index would represent an outer display of confidence that is more of a performance and superficial than would be the case if the little finger were strong. Then one must combine that with other features of the hands with the thought in mind of all the variations of the phrase 'self-esteem'. (perhaps a thesaurus would be a good book to have along side the palmistry books)

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:20 am

Hi Anand,

thank you for your reply! You raise some very interesting points ... Thumbs up!

anand_palm wrote:i have heard saturn as indicator of self worth.

I remember reading this, too! Haha, goes to show that "self-worth" can really show in all parts of the hand, as Patti says, and I guess it just depends on the author as to where they place their emphasis.

Thanks!

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:30 am

Hi Martijn,

thank you so much for your time! Your explanations make sense, and I especially appreciated your link to the wiki article. You are right with your guess that my confusion must have come from a lack of understanding of the nature of this concept per se.
I unfortunately didn't put my sources into my notes, but pretty sure none of them elaborated on their understanding of the concept of self-esteem.

Also, now that you mention it, it's quite obvious to me that fixed hand markers such as fingers cannot really be used as an indication of such a changeable psychological feature.

This was a huge help, thanks heaps!

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am

Hi Patti,

many thanks to you, too! I'm glad I can put this question to rest so fast.

I agree with you in that self-esteem can show in many different features and also "body language" of the hand - so really mine was a silly question, trying to tie it down to just one finger.

But your example confirmed a hunch that I had with regards to the difference between index and Mercury: an outer display of confidence vs. true inner self-worth.

A thesaurus, yes! I do have one but have to keep it well away from my desk, because otherwise I can easily waste an hour without noticing, going from one word to the next and the next ... geek

Thanks!

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:30 am

Hello Kiwihands

Sometimes the lifepurpose book can confuse you, when i read that book some defintions like what you have mentioned came out and i had also dig out some thingh of what richard unger really tries to imply. like self worth, self esteem ect.. But chralotte wolfe book helps because she is trying look from a scientific perspective using biology ( i should thank patti for providing the info) . My suggestion would be to look at connectivity, like what nerve represents what and how it is connected, eventually nervous system would play an important role in undertanding psycholoigcal meanings. The book talks about about finger and zone representation.

The moment you understand that these are the zones and what represents the zone then it would be tough to make a specific connclusion and representation of finger. In other words it would be tough to categorize that jupiter represents this, saturn represents this. Also this is in reference to finger nerves, iam not sure about palmar connectivity but that will complicate the conclusions on finger features.

Sometimes i think ignorance is bliss, the more you learn the more you dont know. scratch

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Anand re
the more you learn the more you dont know

lol! It's true! That is why I love this subject of hand reading so much Smile
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm

kiwihands wrote:Hi Martijn,

thank you so much for your time! Your explanations make sense, and I especially appreciated your link to the wiki article. You are right with your guess that my confusion must have come from a lack of understanding of the nature of this concept per se.
I unfortunately didn't put my sources into my notes, but pretty sure none of them elaborated on their understanding of the concept of self-esteem.

Also, now that you mention it, it's quite obvious to me that fixed hand markers such as fingers cannot really be used as an indication of such a changeable psychological feature.

This was a huge help, thanks heaps!

Thanks!

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Anand,

thanks again, I'll have to get the Charlotte Wolf! I think you are on the right track regarding to need to "look at connectivity, like what nerve represents what and how it is connected".

It is also my conclusion now that fingers cannot be pushed into such rough categories, especially when it comes to psychological concepts as vague as self-esteem.

And I totally agree with your comment: "Sometimes i think ignorance is bliss, the more you learn the more you dont know."

Story of my life! lol!

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:49 am

Hello Kiwihands

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:46 am

anand_palm wrote:Hello Kiwihands

Sometimes the lifepurpose book can confuse you, when i read that book some defintions like what you have mentioned came out and i had also dig out some thingh of what richard unger really tries to imply. like self worth, self esteem ect.. But chralotte wolfe book helps because she is trying look from a scientific perspective using biology ( i should thank patti for providing the info) . My suggestion would be to look at connectivity, like what nerve represents what and how it is connected, eventually nervous system would play an important role in undertanding psycholoigcal meanings. The book talks about about finger and zone representation.

The moment you understand that these are the zones and what represents the zone then it would be tough to make a specific connclusion and representation of finger. In other words it would be tough to categorize that jupiter represents this, saturn represents this. Also this is in reference to finger nerves, iam not sure about palmar connectivity but that will complicate the conclusions on finger features.

Sometimes i think ignorance is bliss, the more you learn the more you dont know. scratch

Thanks
Anand

Hi Anand,
which book of charlotte wolf are you referring here?

Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Hello Kiran

The Human Hand.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 am

anand_palm wrote:Hello Kiran

The Human Hand.

Thanks
Anand

Thank you Anand. Its on the way for me Smile
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down