Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Hi: I'm Charles Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Hi: I'm Charles Voting17Hi: I'm Charles Voting19Hi: I'm Charles Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
Hi: I'm Charles Voting17Hi: I'm Charles Voting19Hi: I'm Charles Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Hi: I'm Charles

4 posters

Go down

Hi: I'm Charles Empty Hi: I'm Charles

Post  cshahar Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:04 am

Hello:

I just joined the forum! I am not a beginner palmist, having "dabbled" in hand reading for over 20 years. But I have finally decided to research the subject very seriously. I have a background in clinical psychology, and have taught yoga and meditation for over 10 years. My interests in palmistry include doing a "spiritual" reading looking at life challenges, and how to find balance and harmony. I am also interested in psychological assessment through palmistry and recently read Hand Psychology, a most excellent book on the subject. I am also interested in Holtzman's book which ties in psychoanalysis and palmistry. Has anyone read karmic palmistry? I have heard mixed reviews about it.

Right now I am struggling to get good ink prints, using a brayer. Perhaps I am using the wrong ink! Please let me know in which forum I can ask some questions regarding this topic, as well as questions regarding using digital photos and scans!

Thank you so much!

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Hi: I'm Charles Empty Re: Hi: I'm Charles

Post  Lynn Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi Charles,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting your intro. Great to hear that you have decided to seriously research the subject! especially with your background in clinical psychology. Hi: I'm Charles Icon_biggrin

If your query about scans/digital photos relates to posting pics on this forum, there are tips here that might already give the advice you are looking for.
http://modernpalmistry.forumotion.com/forum-tips-f16/

To post questions about the practicalities of taking handprints / photos / scans, you can ask in section III - the "Modern Palmistry" section - under the main heading.

http://modernpalmistry.forumotion.com/iii-modern-palmistry-common-synonyms-are-palm-reading-hand-analysis-cheirology-hand-reading-f4/

best wishes
Lynn

Last edited by Lynn on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : took advice from Martijn about where to post your questions!)
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hi: I'm Charles Empty Thanks Lynn

Post  cshahar Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:39 am

I appreciate your reply!

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:56 pm

cshahar wrote:Hello:

I just joined the forum! I am not a beginner palmist, having "dabbled" in hand reading for over 20 years. But I have finally decided to research the subject very seriously. I have a background in clinical psychology, and have taught yoga and meditation for over 10 years. My interests in palmistry include doing a "spiritual" reading looking at life challenges, and how to find balance and harmony. I am also interested in psychological assessment through palmistry and recently read Hand Psychology, a most excellent book on the subject. I am also interested in Holtzman's book which ties in psychoanalysis and palmistry. Has anyone read karmic palmistry? I have heard mixed reviews about it.

Right now I am struggling to get good ink prints, using a brayer. Perhaps I am using the wrong ink! Please let me know in which forum I can ask some questions regarding this topic, as well as questions regarding using digital photos and scans!

Thank you so much!

-Charles
Hi Charles,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction!!

(Maybe you've noticed at my website that I have a background in clinical & health psychology as well!?)

Anyway, regarding your questions - I have 2 quick tips:
1 - use a brayer that is wider than your hand palm
2 - I can recommend 'Talens blockprint' (waterbasis ink)

Hi: I'm Charles L_030110

(Talens is a relatively 'cheap' alternative for the expensive fingerprint ink, that is usually used in the forensic field - you should also know that I am using this equipment combined with a rubber roller of about 10cm in width a plexiglass horizontal surface)

Have I anserwered your questions so far?
Feel free to continue with the suggestions presented by Lynn!

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Hi: I'm Charles Empty Thanks Martijn!

Post  cshahar Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:54 pm

I appreciate the suggestion! I shall see if the ink is available in Canada. I will try eBay if not. Some inks are probably better than others for palm prints. Or it may be that I am using too much ink, and it is layering too thin on the hand. I guess that is a question of experience.

Your background in health psychology is certainly a plus! I do have some questions about how palmistry can distinguish certain mental imbalances or disorders from the hand, and I will jump into the forums with them.

Right now I am reading a lot and upgrading my knowledge through my books!

Thanks again for your help,

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 pm

cshahar wrote:I appreciate the suggestion! I shall see if the ink is available in Canada. I will try eBay if not. Some inks are probably better than others for palm prints. Or it may be that I am using too much ink, and it is layering too thin on the hand. I guess that is a question of experience.

Your background in health psychology is certainly a plus! I do have some questions about how palmistry can distinguish certain mental imbalances or disorders from the hand, and I will jump into the forums with them.

Right now I am reading a lot and upgrading my knowledge through my books!

Thanks again for your help,

-Charles
Hi Charles,

Oh yes, that's indeed another important aspect:

One should avoid using too much ink (on the plexiglass) for one really needs to have a smooth amount of ink on the brayer/roller, in order to make a high quality handprint.

Hi: I'm Charles 399964

PS. I am looking forward to answer your questions on the psychology related topics.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:35 am

hi Charles,
ink should be 'water-soluble block printing colour' available from good art shops, other shops will try to sell you all kinds of inks & paints that are useless for our purpose!
other makes/names include - Daler-Rowney, Ocaldo,
Speedball, Schmincke - Aqua Linoldruck Wasserfarbe.

more info about how to take prints on my website (scroll down to "How to prepare your hand prints & pictures"). The single simplest trick is - minimal ink!
http://www.handanalysis.co.uk/readings.htm
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Hi: I'm Charles Empty Ink Issues

Post  cshahar Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks Lynn. This is very helpful! Great site too. I had bought the Speedball "Relief Ink" in a tube, a couple of weeks ago, but it seems to be too thick for my purposes. Quite disappointing. I wonder if there is any difference between block ink and relief ink? Anyway, at this point I have ordered fingerprint ink from an eBay store.

Thanks again,

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi Charles, I've never heard of relief ink. Looking online, it appears to be oil based, whereas I use the water-soluble type as it washes off the hand very easily. The water based one is also very thick, for best results just use a tiny bit.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Hi: I'm Charles Empty Ink Issues

Post  cshahar Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi Lynn: The one I am using is definitely water soluble. It says so in several places on the tube. It may be that I am using too much of it to begin with. I'll have to experiment. If the finger print ink doesn't work, I'll know I am doing something wrong...

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:34 am

cshahar wrote:I am also interested in psychological assessment through palmistry and recently read Hand Psychology, a most excellent book on the subject. I am also interested in Holtzman's book which ties in psychoanalysis and palmistry. Has anyone read karmic palmistry? I have heard mixed reviews about it.

Charles,
Please be advised that you cannot link psychological hand analysis (Chirology) and Psychodiagnostic Chirology is nothing spiritual, Chirology is not linked fortune telling and future predicting and not can it be linked or associated with karmic palmistry, it would unwise to mix the two or associate them together.
Ron
Ron

http://www.ron-alain.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post  cshahar Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Ron, everything you do is spiritual. The fact that you breath is spiritual. It is the spirit, the consciousness, that is writing the words on this paper. To say palmistry is not spiritual is in my opinion unwise.

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Please be advised, I did not say palmistry is not spiritual.

I said Chirology and Psychodiagnostic Chirology have nothing to do with spirituality. Chirology and Psychodiagnostic are not associated and not linked to spirituality. Chirology and Psychodiagnostic do not indicate anything about an individual spirituality.

Do not say that everything is spiritual because there are many individuals on this planet who do not regard themselves as spiritual and do not practice spirituality.
Ron
Ron

Back to top Go down

Hi: I'm Charles Empty Spritual palmistry

Post  cshahar Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi Ron: I see what you mean. The issue probably lies in our use of language and terms. For me, spirituality has to do with inner balance. It may be the balance between aggressiveness and passivity; or between lethargy and activity. This idea is general enough to apply to human psychology, physical health, spiritual life etc. When I read a palm, I look for imbalances in a person's life. And I try to point out where their strengths lie, to help them develop more harmony in their being. I call it spirituality. But it can be called anything by anyone.

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:05 am

Ron wrote:I said Chirology and Psychodiagnostic Chirology have nothing to do with spirituality. Chirology and Psychodiagnostic are not associated and not linked to spirituality. Chirology and Psychodiagnostic do not indicate anything about an individual spirituality.

hi Ron, you studied 5-element Cheirology like I did. Have you forgotten about the 5th element?! Ether, that indefinable intangible element that does not manifest directly but via the other elements, can be thought of as chi, qi, life-force, vital force, SPIRIT. Weren't you taught that chirology is "holistic" hand reading? Holistic comes from the same root as the words 'whole' 'hale' and 'holy'. As Charles said, we are looking for balance - in our system that's (ideally) balance of all 4 elements, earth, water, fire,air.

Ron, were you taught about spirituality within the 4 elements with regard to what religions / spiritual beliefs might suit each element?

(if you reply Ron, please note I'm having problems accessing the forum so might be some delay in my reply).
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:32 am

Lynn wrote:Have you forgotten about the 5th element?!

Uh, no..

Lynn wrote:Weren't you taught that chirology is "holistic" hand reading?

Yes, Chirology is Holistic, holistic in a sense of various beings of an individual, emotional, mental, physical, and metaphysical (not spiritual!)

Lynn wrote:Holistic comes from the same root as the words 'whole' 'hale' and 'holy'.

No it does not. The Greeks were the founder of the word Holistic. Holistic has always meant a whole identity or the whole of a function, e.g. the holistic workings of a community. No where did holistic ever become associated with anything spiritual till 30years ago these new age types started it use it, and tried to claim it. Now every time I mention holistic everyone thinks it's some new age hula hula nonsense.

Lynn wrote:Ron, were you taught about spirituality within the 4 elements with regard to what religions / spiritual beliefs might suit each element?

No?! What spirituality with in the 4 elements? And how can you associated a religion or a spiritual belief with the element? With fire suiting islam and earth suiting buddism?

I was never taught any of the features representing by the Ether element, I was taught that Ether was a combination of all 4 elements. Now I have only completed half of the syllabus in South Africa, and I can tell you now the other half being taught in South Africa have nothing to to with religion or spiritual beliefs.
Ron
Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Ron wrote:

Lynn wrote:Holistic comes from the same root as the words 'whole' 'hale' and 'holy'.

No it does not. The Greeks were the founder of the word Holistic. Holistic has always meant a whole identity or the whole of a function, e.g. the holistic workings of a community. No where did holistic ever become associated with anything spiritual till 30years ago these new age types started it use it, and tried to claim it. Now every time I mention holistic everyone thinks it's some new age hula hula nonsense.

re "The Greeks were the founder of the word Holistic" - yes, exactly, "holos". check out the etymology of the words 'whole' 'hale' and 'holy', I think you find they come from the same root.

Ron wrote:
Lynn wrote:Ron, were you taught about spirituality within the 4 elements with regard to what religions / spiritual beliefs might suit each element?

No?! What spirituality with in the 4 elements? And how can you associated a religion or a spiritual belief with the element? With fire suiting islam and earth suiting buddism?

I was never taught any of the features representing by the Ether element, I was taught that Ether was a combination of all 4 elements. Now I have only completed half of the syllabus in South Africa, and I can tell you now the other half being taught in South Africa have nothing to to with religion or spiritual beliefs.

Yes, each element will be more drawn to certain types of religious / spiritual beliefs and practises. As you know with the holistic nature of 5 element hand analysis, we can relate the elements to all aspects of life, spirituality (which is not the same as religion, but religion is a form of spirituality) also comes into it.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:33 am

Holism (from ὅλος holos, a Greek word meaning all, whole, entire, total) is the idea that all the properties of a given system (physical, biological, chemical, social, economic, mental, linguistic, etc.) cannot be determined or explained by its component parts alone. Instead, the system as a whole determines in an important way how the parts behave.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary.
Ron
Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:35 am

HI Charles, thanks for starting new topic about "Holistic Palmistry". I will continue there...
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/new-member-introductions-f36/holistic-palmistry-t149.htm#838

altho I just noticed the topic is still in new member introductions, so maybe we need to move it to another area.

Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Hi: I'm Charles Empty Holistic palmistry

Post  cshahar Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:23 am

Sure Lynn. I would be happy to continue. Where should we move it to?

By the way, I have been appreciating your insights a lot!

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:42 am

cshahar wrote:Sure Lynn. I would be happy to continue. Where should we move it to?

By the way, I have been appreciating your insights a lot!

-Charles

Thanks Charles, I have replied at your new thread. If it needs to be moved we can think about that tomorrow. (I use the term "we" What a Face really I mean Martijn! Banana waving ....In my role as asst mod I am still a bit unsure about how /where/when to move discussions!)
btw - thanks for the compliment ;-)
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:58 am

Well I'm not happy to continue, I'm going to "drop it like it's hot"..
Ron
Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:24 pm

I have moved the "Holistic Palmistry" discussion out of 'new member introductions' to "modern palmistry" section.
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/iii-modern-palmistry-general-topics-questions-f4/holistic-palmistry-t149.htm
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down