Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 59 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 59 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Voting17Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Voting19Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Voting17Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Voting19Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly)

5 posters

Go down

Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Empty Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly)

Post  Parender Sun May 22, 2011 7:22 am

Why is my pinky finger bent?

There are many different causes of this condition, with the primary cause being ligaments and contracted tendons in the finger. While this is the most common cause, it is not the only cause. In some cases of people who have bent fingers, the muscles grew abnormally, or the bones were shaped irregularly as they grew.

There could be numerous other causes for a bent pinky finger, from previous injury to an inherited trait. Many people only notice their pinky fingers are bent, or slightly crooked, when they hold their fingers side by side and survey them. Sometimes, this bending is attributed to the ring finger, as well. If you’ve ever had your fingers slammed in a car door or other trauma before you were fully grown, this could be the cause of your bent pinkies. Because the bones were subjected to trauma, but not broken, they grew at an angle, which could results in the appearance of having bent pinkies.

If childhood trauma is not the source of bent pinkies, then it is likely that the condition has been inherited either from parents, or even grandparents. This condition is known as camptodactyly.

Camptodactyly can lead to Autism.Camptodactyly is a medical condition involving fixed flexion deformity of the interphalangeal joints of the little finger. This involves permanent flexion of one or more phalanges of fingers.

In other words camptodactyly is a medical term which is applied to any deformity in the fingers. Some people have middle fingers which are slightly crooked, while others have pinkies which are bent. Depending on the severity of the condition, some people might not be able to fully extend their pinkies. It is found in more than 80% of Autistic kids who have one or more phalanges of fingers especially on little fingers. That means a psychiatric disorder marked by deficits in communication and social interaction. The curved 5th finger towards thumb or ring finger reveals presence of autism in a person.

Is a bent pinky finger hereditary?

Yes it is hereditary. It is a matter of gene. For the most part I believe it’s hereditary. If your pinky fingers are not perfectly straight, this could mean that you do possess the ancestor’s trait and thus passed it onto your son. Some persons try to erase the ancestor’s trait and get their bent fingers straight by performing an operation on it. They can do it and as a result they can save the trouble and botheration or hard time that they might feel while driving long distances and writing with a pencil or pen with a bent little finger. But, they cannot hide their ancestor’s trait in them. We are what we are; surgery isn’t going to change the ancestor’s trait in us.

Parender

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon May 23, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title improvement)
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Empty Re: Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly)

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun May 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello Parender,

Thank you for your post! Thumbs up!

PS. I have split this post from the topic where you posted it, because it deserves to be a topic on it's own.

One additional thought:

I would like to add here that 'clinodactlyly' in the pinky finger is much more often seen in autism than 'camptodactlyly' (partly because 'clinodactly' is much more common than 'camptodactyly', but I think the link between 'camptodactly' and autism is only related to some specified syndromes which are sometimes featured with autism).

Clinodactyly (left picture) vs. camptodactly (right picture):

Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Clinodactyly01 Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Camptodactyly
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Empty Re: Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly)

Post  Parender Mon May 23, 2011 12:41 am

Great!

Thank you Martijin for splitting the post at more appropriate place and for the additional thought of course.

Parender
Parender
Parender

Back to top Go down

Why is my pinky finger bent? (camptodactyly) Empty acting streak ?

Post  waqar.an Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Here is a link to Irfan Khoosat hands video. he is v good actor and his communication skill is better than millions in Pakistan. he has very bent little finger in right hand and on left hand little finger is short.

Pls check at 1:55 and 4:00 time.

(this clip is his interview in a religious program and he at best in his acting...Very Happy)

waqar.an

http://www.yourpalmist.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Parender wrote:

Yes it is hereditary. It is a matter of gene. For the most part I believe it’s hereditary. If your pinky fingers are not perfectly straight, this could mean that you do possess the ancestor’s trait and thus passed it onto your son. Some persons try to erase the ancestor’s trait and get their bent fingers straight by performing an operation on it. They can do it and as a result they can save the trouble and botheration or hard time that they might feel while driving long distances and writing with a pencil or pen with a bent little finger. But, they cannot hide their ancestor’s trait in them. We are what we are; surgery isn’t going to change the ancestor’s trait in us.

Parender

Hi Parender,
I like your post.
"But, they cannot hide their ancestor's trait in them."

It is fascinating how these physical attributes along with their psychological counterparts get passed down through the generations. Epigenetics explains that not only are these genes passed down, but each individual adds their own unique environmental reactions (physical, mental and emotional) to their genes that are passed down to their own children.

Some 'conscious' offspring of this gene pool may rise above or change their state of being and 'heal' the out-of-balance gene sequence/code. Then the "ancestor's trait" as you say, may disappear in future generations or appear infrequently.

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:46 pm

waqar.an wrote:Here is a link to Irfan Khoosat hands video. he is v good actor and his communication skill is better than millions in Pakistan. he has very bent little finger in right hand and on left hand little finger is short.

I do not understand what is being said, but the body language is certainly interesting to watch. I can tell he is the 'story teller', smooth, compelling, convincing speech. The interviewer for quite some part of the video keeps his arms crossed across his body with palms rarely open. Seldom opening any 'soft side' to Irfan Khoosat. The main time he did open up and reach forward, the next clip of Irfan showed him with his hands before his mouth in a form of prayer.

One of the successful qualities of an actor is to take on a role and play it convincingly. This would mean also the ability to deny for that time their own natural self and become the character for the role. Perhaps a side effect of this 'talent' is also the grey areas where real life and professional life blend.

Thanks for sharing.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  waqar.an Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:33 am

Thanks for the beautiful analysis.

Patti wrote:I can tell he is the 'story teller', smooth, compelling, convincing speech.

You are perfectly right and here he is telling a story about a visit to a holy place in Saudi Arabia in the start. His father was also an actor. The host of the program was in a close and defensive position may be because he found Irfan Khoosat better actor than him.rolling on the floor

waqar.an

http://www.yourpalmist.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Parender,
Thanks, as Patti says, for such an interesting post.
Could you tell me, I work with a girl who has two bent pinkies, both bending toward the palm and her handwriting is dreadful, most times illegible. Do you think this is because of her bent pinkies.
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:52 am

jeanette wrote:Hi Parender,
Thanks, as Patti says, for such an interesting post.
Could you tell me, I work with a girl who has two bent pinkies, both bending toward the palm and her handwriting is dreadful, most times illegible. Do you think this is because of her bent pinkies.
Jeanette.

Hi Jeanette,

O Great! Thanks for liking my post. You are welcome!

Yes, I think that this is so because of her bent pinkies; because a person with bent little finger could have a hard time during writing normal with a pencil or pen. Griping them is hard work for them. She would find it hard while driving long distances too.

There is no harm in having bent pinkies unless they are so severely bent that it makes daily tasks near impossible. In this case, surgery may be performed in order to correct the problem. In mild cases, no treatment is needed, as it does not affect the quality of life.
Yes, she might have the dominant gene.

Parender

Last edited by Parender on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Parender
Parender

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:06 am

Patti wrote:
Parender wrote:

Parender

Hi Parender,
I like your post.
"But, they cannot hide their ancestor's trait in them."

It is fascinating how these physical attributes along with their psychological counterparts get passed down through the generations. Epigenetics explains that not only are these genes passed down, but each individual adds their own unique environmental reactions (physical, mental and emotional) to their genes that are passed down to their own children.

Some 'conscious' offspring of this gene pool may rise above or change their state of being and 'heal' the out-of-balance gene sequence/code. Then the "ancestor's trait" as you say, may disappear in future generations or appear infrequently.

Hi Patti,
O Great! Thanks for liking the post! You are welcome!

The best rough estimation of the condition is around one percent of the total general population seems to be affected with this condition each year.

What little information is known about the condition has shown that it appears to be more frequent with females than males. In addition, children have been observed as growing up to have bent pinky fingers, when no other immediate family members had the condition. While this may seem like camptodactyly is a random condition, it has been shown that parents who have some form of bent pinkies or other fingers are more likely to give birth to children with the same condition.

"Bent pinky" shows there are much chances of having an autosomal dominant gene in the person. It means the person only need to get the abnormal gene from one parent in order for him to inherit the disease; meaning that one of the parents may often have the disease.

Parender.
Parender
Parender

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Parender,
Thanks very much for the reply. It is so interesting as you also mentioned driving, as a few years ago she bought a car, took some driving lessons and a family friend was taking her out in his car, but she gave up. She just said she thought she wasn't suited for driving. I feel sorry about her handwriting as the job involves a lot of writing and the boss is always complaing to her about it.
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:01 am

Parender,
I was just wondering if it is worth mentioning, this girl has only a sister and the sister has a hair lip.
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down