Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
deleted deleted Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 44 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
deleted deleted Voting17deleted deleted Voting19deleted deleted Voting18 
Sumit
deleted deleted Voting17deleted deleted Voting19deleted deleted Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

deleted deleted

3 posters

Go down

deleted deleted Empty deleted deleted

Post  kiwihands Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:07 am

deleted

Last edited by kiwihands on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

deleted deleted Empty Re: deleted deleted

Post  Patti Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:16 am

You really didn't show enough print to fully follow the flow.

In my opinion, it is a tented arch. lol!
Middle column, 3rd down, or a plain arch, column on right - bottom sample.

deleted deleted Hypoth10
"Finger Prints Palms & Soles" Cummins & Midlo
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 am

deleted

Last edited by kiwihands on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:16 am

Hi Kiwi,

I probably should have been clearer since I have now mentioned three ways the ridges flow from the radial side. (here and in a different thread)

They can flow off the side from radial to ulnar.
They can form a loop and return back to the radial side *above* the thumb.
Then they can also flow from the radial side all the way to the ulnar edge, but instead of disappearing (looping) off the side (back of hand) the ridges curve along the edge and flow back toward the radial side at the wrist area. See the bottom pattern of the middle column above.

This A-Main line has some ending locations that are more common than others. It can be located in a wide span from between the little finger all the way to the wrist by the thenar area. Rarely is it located at those extreme ends. Mostly it ends under the heart line and above the head line.

It's normal to connect to a higher up axial triradius, but it's just as normal to not connect to it. I've just looked at illustrations that show both possibilities.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:38 pm

Hello Kiwihands,

A few comments from my side:

1 - This palmar 'triradius' is probably not high enough positioned to be described as a 'high positioned':

Therefore I would describe it as a t'-triradius (which is between the normal t and the high possitioned t'') for multiple reasons:
1) It is positioned at a considerable position below the head line (and the head line even has downward slope);
2) The AtD-angle appears to be smaller than 40 degrees (which is quite normal);
3) The distance between a- and d-triradius is MUCH smaller than the distance between the t' triradius and the b-triradius (the b-triradius is found below the middle finger);

And I agree with Patti about that we see too little of the full mount of Moon to make a permanent assessment.

2 - But I do not agree with Patti about calling it a 'tented arch':

Because Patti's featured picture (take from Cummins & Midlo) clearly describes that for a tented arch there is a requirement that certain ridge lines 'curve around' the TENT (at the pinky side of the triradius). But that requirement is not seen in your hand at all: because all ridges appears to end as 'horizontal ridges' at the pinky-side of your hand.

So I don't see any evidence at all to associate your t'-triradius with a tented arch.

3 - And finally, regarding the path of the a-line (starting in the triradius below the index finger) and the upper radiant from the t'-triradius:

I think you have followed the ridges quite well with the litte 'dots' but if I continue to follow those dots in the photo... then I can observe that there are a few ridges between both path: I think that there are about 4 ridges between them.

Therefore I would like to advice you to try to follow the path of both the a-line and the upper radiant once again, and just a little bit further (especially the a-line clearly curves inward). Then you should be able to confirm what I just described.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your questions!

Thumbs up!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Martijn, take a look at the illustration on page 50 of Cummins & Midlo. The foot shows the pattern extended "extralimital" Read bottom of page 58, top of page 59 for details.

Kiwi, Martijn is incorrect in telling you that the entire pattern must be visible on the palm side to count as a specific pattern.

I have to leave for work shortly (reading hands for a Cincinnati Ballet event tonight) but will share more later.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:16 am

Patti wrote:Martijn, take a look at the illustration on page 50 of Cummins & Midlo. The foot shows the pattern extended "extralimital" Read bottom of page 58, top of page 59 for details.

Kiwi, Martijn is incorrect in telling you that the entire pattern must be visible on the palm side to count as a specific pattern.

I have to leave for work shortly (reading hands for a Cincinnati Ballet event tonight) but will share more later.

Patti, you are referring to a comment about 'extralimital' triradii... which is basically ONLY related to a situation where a loop/whorl is seen without ANY triradius at all (because it has shifted towards the back of the finger).

So, I first observed that you made an unfounded suggestion for a 'palmar tented arch' ... but now I observe that you are also trying to defend that suggestion with an out-of-context argument (specified to the issue of: 'extralimital triradii', a topic which only directly relates to missing triradii in fingerprints).

And I should add here: yes of course... I understand that the issue 'extralimital triradii' can also manifest in the hypothenar area, but I also understand that this would require the presence of specified ridges that have a certain path which can directly be associated with an 'extralimital' palmar triradius. However, I already mentioned in my first comment that such ridges are not visible at all: because in all three areas outside the t'-triradius the path of the ridges is actually pretty normal: there are no 'strong curvations' that could be associated with a 'missing triradius'.).

Patti, it would have made much more sense if you had immediately described specified characteristics of Kiwihands' hypothenar area which made you think of a 'tented arch'.

Therefore I invite you to specify your observations ... for example: can you name characteristics which can directly be associated with a 'palmar tented arch'?

(So far I think maybe you got a little bit mislead by the little 'right angle marker' that Kiwihands used to mark the position of the hypothenar triradius, but the surrounding ridges indicate that her 'right angle marker' does not reflect the path of the ridges in that area - see the picture below)

deleted deleted 5620779592_b0020d85a6_b
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 am

deleted deleted 4-4-2010

deleted deleted 4-4-2011

deleted deleted 4-16-210

Martijn, although Cummins & Midlo mention the triradii, their comment is not limited to triradii, but also the rest of the pattern.

Kiwi, there's a time in our early development that nearly the entire body is patterned. Palms & Soles with their ridges and the rest of the body with hair folicles or lanugo, the patterns formed are permanent in the directional growth of hair and the ridges.

deleted deleted Preg-310

Last edited by Patti on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Patti wrote:deleted deleted 4-4-2010

deleted deleted 4-4-2011

deleted deleted 4-16-210

Martijn, although Cummins & Midlo mention the triradii, their comment is not limited to triradii, but also the rest of the pattern.

Kiwi, there's a time in our early development that nearly the entire body is patterned. Palms & Soles with their ridges and the rest of the body with hair folicles or lanugo, the patterns formed are permanent in the directional growth of hair and the ridges.

deleted deleted Preg-310

Yes Patti, I can confirm the comments in your last post.

But the problem that I observe is... that you incorrectly made the assocation between Kiwihands' hypothenar and this phenomenon. Because the essential characteristics of a 'hypothenar tented arch' are actually missing in her hand: again, see the curves of the ridges that flow to the outside of the palm.

And actually... the consequence of how you made this association is that ANY triradius on the hypothenar could be associated with such 'extralimital' patterns - but that is not what Cummins & Midlo described at all.

For, you association actually violates the visual guidelines that Cummins & Midlo described for the 'hypothenar tented arch' in the picture in your former post.

Therefore, so far you appear to ignore the other differences between specific characteristics of the 'hypothenar arches' and the 'hypothenar tented arches, in the picture below:

deleted deleted Hypoth10

I hope this explains why I asked you to describe specific characteristics of Kiwihands' hypothenar.

But it is not surprising to see that even after 3 posts you still didn't mention any characteristic (beyond the position of the hypothenar triradius itself) - because I observe that the essential characteristics of a 'hypothenar tented arch' are actually missing in her hand.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Patti wrote:You really didn't show enough print to fully follow the flow.

In my opinion, it is a tented arch. lol!
Middle column, 3rd down, or a plain arch, column on right - bottom sample.

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:22 pm

deleted

Last edited by kiwihands on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 pm

deleted

Last edited by kiwihands on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:33 pm

kiwihands wrote:Thanks for your comments Martijn! Again, it’s great to be able to draw on more experienced reader’s views than mine! I very much appreciate how you structure your responses, too; it makes them very easy to follow and understand.

It’s a relief to know that mine is just a t’ triradius, especially after reading about the possible implications with congenital heart disease, etc., of the higher one, and very useful to have those 3 criteria you mentioned to determine if an axial triradius is abnormally high. I knew about the AtD angle coming into play, but not about the position of t’ relative to the headline nor about the importance of the distances between the other triradii.

And yes, there are no ridges curving around the triradius, so I agree with you – probably no tented arch. But i have uploaded a larger picture just in case.

Thank you also for checking on my tracing – yes in the middle there I became unsure of what to do, since the ridges become very fine and seem to continue in slightly different directions below the head line. But you’re right; it may curve inwards and actually head down to the wrist. Good to know that whichever way the A-line goes, it’s all pretty normal, and I won’t have to worry about how much butter I put on my toast. Razz

Thanks again
Kiwi

Hello Kiwihands,

Very nice to hear that my posts are easy for you to follow (yes, I usually use illustrative elements to make my 'lengthy' posts a bit more readable by 'structure').

And great to hear that you now also understand/recognize why you do not have a 'tented arch' on your mount of moon (yes, the ridge flow says it all: there are no steep 'curving ridges').

And yes, you are correct that the A-line actually ends at the wrist.

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum