Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Low set or short little finger Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Low set or short little finger Voting17Low set or short little finger Voting19Low set or short little finger Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
Low set or short little finger Voting17Low set or short little finger Voting19Low set or short little finger Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Low set or short little finger

+7
Patti
Lynn
Pamelah
yveage
Parender
jeanette
GM(Ghulam MURTAZA)
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Low set or short little finger Empty Low set or short little finger

Post  GM(Ghulam MURTAZA) Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:24 pm

What a person having low-set or short little finger can do to improve his communication level??
Little finger can be related to both sexes regarding communication or only to males?

GM

GM(Ghulam MURTAZA)
GM(Ghulam MURTAZA)

http://www.ghulammuratza.net

Back to top Go down

Low set or short little finger Empty Re: Low set or short little finger

Post  jeanette Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi GM,
I believe it applies to both male and female.
I think books on communication would help, but better still classes.
Regards,
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:51 am

Dear GM,
Low-set or short little finger reduces the self-worth in a person especially if there are lowest rank Arch type finger patterns on tip of the finger. Advise the person to improve his/her communication level for the remedy to counteract the effects of those fearful and negative thoughts in you of course are to first of all not to ignore your inner voice, do not withdraw or abandon if you get disappointments in love. Learn to be responsible.Do not allow recent defeat to overrule you. Do not increase intimacy for sex oriented love only. Think twice before speaking. See into the eyes of the person when talking. If you are shy wear goggles. Get out there and try to be social! Meet people. You can be respectable. What you need is self–control and self respect in relationship to live a happy social life.If you could save your self esteem you can achieve anything.
In women generally this finger is found a bit shorter then men.

Parender Sethi
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yveage Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:17 am

brilliant reply. i have one, and believe it is up to me to make these things work as you say. very good. TY for writing that!!

yveage

Back to top Go down

Post  GM(Ghulam MURTAZA) Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 pm

jeanette wrote:Hi GM,
I believe it applies to both male and female.
I think books on communication would help, but better still classes.
Regards,
Jeanette.

Thanks Friends

Can you relate this feature to under -developed sexual organs ?? It's agreed that a low-set or short-finger person has the ability but cannot display properly when needed. Regarding women,I have plenty of cases of short -fingers, having good capcity to translate thier thoughts efectively.

Your further commetns will be appreciated!
GM(Ghulam MURTAZA)
GM(Ghulam MURTAZA)

http://www.ghulammuratza.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Dear GM,
I cannot say relating the features on the hands or palms that show under -developed or over developed sexual organs, but can say about compatibility among the partners i.e. whether they are undersexed or oversexed?

I am convinced that analysis of hand features show compatibility between two persons especially based on subconscious factors like – personality makeup, temperament, and certain basic needs such as sexual drive or the urge to power- all of which are of vital importance in relation between a man and a woman.

With reference to the most important needs, palmistry has the answers to these important questions. Is the person undersexed or oversexed? Are they dominating or the dependent type?

As developed Mount of Venus and Deep good Heart Line gives the possessor the ability and capacity to love, but an ideal sex partner must know how to do more than make love artfully- he must know ‘how to communicate’.

Therefore, to the palmist, the little finger (Finger of Mercury) is vital in this connection. We could call it truly the ‘messenger of love’ since it represents the individual’s ability to communicate, especially with the opposite sex. I associate it with the sexual glands and the speech center of a person.

A very short and pointed little finger on a woman’ hand shows who has underdeveloped uterus, is often very rigid, and has a low sex drive especially when Mount of Venus is found underdeveloped, flabby or thin.

Where a strong developed much rayed Mount of Venus on a woman’s hand with a longer little finger and deep long Heart Line proceeding towards Mount of Saturn denotes strong pelvic muscles hence strong urge to enjoy sex. Mount of Venus represents the basic energies of the person, the driving force and instinctive potential of an individual and makes a person sufficient sensual. By Venus Mount we can truly measure one’s sexuality.

Now, consider this too, if both husband and wife are undersexed or are oversexed, no problem will arise.

The best result is obtained when one partner is as dominant, as the other is submissive psychologically. One does not need to be told what happens when both marriage partners are dominant types. The dependent woman could be considered the one in whose hand the Fate Line starts clearly from Mount of Moon and could easily be described as old-fashioned wife who ‘loves, honors and obeys’. But this type is becoming rarer today.

Straight Mercury finger usually indicates that you are a "straightforward" in your communication. You say it like you see it. If the finger is curved, it usually indicates some breakdown in your ability to communicate effectively. It is often the result of an emotionally distant or unstable relationship with your parents in childhood, if it is found in non dominant hand

If I were a matchmaker and someone came searching for a suitable mate, I would look for one well developed little finger, a strong Mount of Venus and a long clear Heart Line.
Besides all this trouble awaits a husband and a wife who both have faulty Fate Line or no Fate Lines at all. If both have strong Fate Lines both have the willpower and common sense to bring harmony to the relationship. The Trust Issues in Love are also shown by this little finger. Hand must be analyzed in totality.

Parender Sethi
HTTP://WWW.PALMISTRYFORYOU.IN/

Parender
Parender

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Know nothing about this. Considering palmists are supposed to help people and knowing this feature is about communication, I do not think mentioning this would help with confidence and communication. I would think quite the opposite.
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Pamelah Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:31 am

My take on the low set Mercury is issues of abandonment by a parent at some point. It's the perception of the person with the marking that they were abandoned, not necessarily the reality of the situation on the part of all involved.

For example, it could be that a parent traveled a lot, or would come home from work every day and disappear just after dinner, not being available physically or emotionally. Or it may look like a parent who only talked and never showed interest in the person with the low set Mercury.

Based on that assumption, improved communications are going to come from that person realizing that abandonment is not necessarily the response everybody will have. It's important to observe the behaviors of others with whom the low set Mercury person is communicating. Are they acting like they are abandoning the low set Mercury person - what does that look like? Not listening, leaving the room, interrupting? Or is only the perception of the low set Mercury person that the behavior LOOKS like abandonment.

The bottom line is that the low set Mercury person needs to realize their role in expecting to be abandoned, and find another perspective by trusting others. Mercury, in many aspects, requires trust to create intimacy.
Pamelah
Pamelah

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 am

hi Pamelah, nice to see your posts tonight. I completely agree with you about these abandonment issues in low-set Mercury finger. Thumbs up!
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Pamelah Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:23 am

Lynn wrote:hi Pamelah, nice to see your posts tonight. I completely agree with you about these abandonment issues in low-set Mercury finger. Thumbs up!

Thanks, Lynn. It's good to have time to chat here on the forum. I've missed it.
Pamelah
Pamelah

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:24 am

Pamelah wrote:
Based on that assumption, improved communications are going to come from that person realizing that abandonment is not necessarily the response everybody will have. It's important to observe the behaviors of others with whom the low set Mercury person is communicating. Are they acting like they are abandoning the low set Mercury person - what does that look like? Not listening, leaving the room, interrupting? Or is only the perception of the low set Mercury person that the behavior LOOKS like abandonment.

The bottom line is that the low set Mercury person needs to realize their role in expecting to be abandoned, and find another perspective by trusting others. Mercury, in many aspects, requires trust to create intimacy.

Hi Pamelah,
I really like how you phrased it regarding how a person with a low set/ short little finger is seeing themselves as abandoned because of the other person "Not listening, leaving the room, interrupting" !

Made me wonder about how we attract people in our lives that play out the polarity of our own 'craziness'. Like a person with Abandonment Issues drawn to someone with ADHD and perhaps Narcissistic Personality Disorder and then they live in a cycle of perpetually reconfirming their Issue to themselves as being abandoned.

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:00 am

In my experience, if the finger sits less than quarter an inch below your ring finger from the upper edge of your palm, this could be normal and if more than that it can indicate that you are not getting enough closeness and affection and that you probably want more. You feel solitude and loneliness. The antidote, of course, is to get out there and be social!

What usually causes this marker is a severe emotional loss in childhood. Possessing a small pinkie and low-set pinkie are two different things. Low-set but long finger is always better than low-set and short pinkie. A normal pinky finger equals about 1/3 of the full hand length.

It could be voluntary give it away, surrender of one’s rights without attempting to reclaim it. It could be withdrawing support of influenced people or help despite ‘allegiance or responsibility’. It also indicates a low self esteem.It's such a position reduces the self-worth in a person.

I try to establish combinations.And I believe that dermatological study and Palmistry are made for each other.

A weak or defective directional transverse and Lowest Rank patterns on Right Middle fingertip and Right Little fingertips will confirm the abandonment. Owners of these patterns with low set pinkie are routinely ignored first by their families, then by their friends, and eventually by their spouses and children. He must learn to deal with rejection abandonment or betrayal possibilities without either selling out or running away. People do not listen to him because due to lack of self esteem he himself doubts what he speaks. He must believe in the value of what he say or speak it out loud.

Parender Sethi
Parender
Parender

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 am

Hello friends, Smile

I see here how the predictive palmistry and character reading palmistry evolves in the same plane . When a particular character act in a particular given situation(fate), the outcome remains invariably more or less predictable and expectable. This way, the predictive palmistry and character reading palmistry gives same idea. but, In predictive palmistry, palmists could read the result of action as well.

Here, i see many peoples talk about abandonment issue in related to
low-set little finger. Let me explain a few facts regarding this idea.

Let we consider a couple have 3 children and one among the 3 has low set little finger and other 2 childrens have the finger sets in perfect line. In this particular situation, how the first child loses it's parental care or experiencing insults or having inferiority complex?

When a child begin to speak pleasantly in the family, that child has been well recognised in the family, even though the parents are seemed to be brutal in nature. on the other hand, children who are lacking communication and being reserved all the time get opposite result from family. However, The confident level should be verified with various other factor as well. For example, i have low set finger set. my parents are supporting me from the begining though i experienced reserved and bad school days. They supported me lot to make me become a doctor. Now, i see that they have good communication and relationship with me after my education. At the mean time, i have two whorl finger prints in my thumb and ulnar loops in my remaining 8 fingers. I think this phenomena of confidence , boldness, and persistence helped me to win over my hard period of life. Hence, It is sure that lack of adequate communication with family and society causes problem to the peoples who have dropped little finger. It is the cause for the further abandonment feeling . However, Other feature in the palm either help or ruin the further consequences. For example, strong major and minor palm lines with the dropped little finger shows successful person who remain reserved. But, i am not sure whether is there any cases who has dropped and short little finger with whorl finger print in it. Here, the result may vary . Smile

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Pamelah Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Patti wrote:
Pamelah wrote:

Hi Pamelah,
I really like how you phrased it regarding how a person with a low set/ short little finger is seeing themselves as abandoned because of the other person "Not listening, leaving the room, interrupting" !

Made me wonder about how we attract people in our lives that play out the polarity of our own 'craziness'. Like a person with Abandonment Issues drawn to someone with ADHD and perhaps Narcissistic Personality Disorder and then they live in a cycle of perpetually reconfirming their Issue to themselves as being abandoned.

Thanks, Patti. I think so much of who we attract in our lives helps us heal our deep wounds, whether or not we are conscious about it. The great value of hand analysis as a tool, is becoming conscious of what our wounds and strengths are so we can focus our attention and be aware of who are attracting, and what purpose they serve.

For me, recovering from 'victimhood' as a child has been a HUGE change in my life as an adult. It's taken many people over time, many types of relationships for me to see the victim role played out and how that has shifted. Do I still get caugh in it sometimes? Yes. But I'm conscious of it within a very short amount of time now.

Feeling abandoned, as a perception of the person who feels it, shows up also as betrayal in some people's language. I've been watching somebody I know recently go through some difficult times. Her 'abandonment' marking is strong on the low set Mercury. Her language is that she's been betrayed.
Pamelah
Pamelah

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:07 am

thanks for interesting discussion folks. Low set little finger is something I have been interested in for a long time. NB I only class it as low set when crease between lower & middle phalanx of mercury finger is level with the base crease on apollo - where apollo finger meets the palm.
Thumbs up!
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:10 am

Lynn, That sounds little vague. my distal crease of little finger stands in the same line of middle crease of sun finger. and the tip of the little finger stands approximately 2mm below to the top most crease of sun finger. I think, some school of classic palmists take note of the level of crease of each finger individually in contrast with the crease of other finger too. so, There is no specific scale for dropped little finger apart from the verification through gross inspection. rather, it is being very much generalized concept and remains generalized reading. Smile

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Pamelah Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Lynn wrote:thanks for interesting discussion folks. Low set little finger is something I have been interested in for a long time. NB I only class it as low set when crease between lower & middle phalanx of mercury finger is level with the base crease on apollo - where apollo finger meets the palm.
Thumbs up!

Lynn, that's a good description of how to determine it. Mine is low set but it's set a bit higher than that. It's really obviously set much lower than Apollo. I think this is one of the things that is 'readers choice' about how somebody sees it as something 'remarkable'. It comes from looking at many hands. As mentioned earlier, it is always lower set on the palm than the ohter fingers but if it's more than 'normal' then it's considered lower set - readers' experience to determine that.
Pamelah
Pamelah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:12 pm

All these days I was wondering about COMMUNICATION aspect of a low-set mercury finger. Mine is a low-set( as is described by Lynn: crease between 2nd & 3rd phalanges of Mercury finger is almost inline with crease of Sun finger! ). But, "communication skills" is one of my strongest skills and I am writer too!

But, yes as is described by Pamelah, I have feeling of abandonment and at times I do feel so from my loved ones! The points mentioned here matches to what I go thru.
PS: Pls ignore the other markings, but, here is my pic for reference.

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran

Last edited by Kiran.Katawa on Sun May 13, 2012 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Kiran.Katawa wrote:All these days I was wondering about COMMUNICATION aspect of a low-set mercury finger. Mine is a low-set( as is described by Lynn: crease between 2nd & 3rd phalanges of Mercury finger is almost inline with crease of Sun finger! ). But, "communication skills" is one of my strongest skills and I am writer too!

But, yes as is described by Pamelah, I have feeling of abandonment and at times I do feel so from my loved ones! The points mentioned here matches to what I go thru.
PS: Pls ignore the other markings, but, here is my pic for reference.
Low set or short little finger Single10

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran

HI Kiran, we can't see the length of your mercury finger or the fingerprint, which can also say things about your communication skills. When you say "communication skills is one of my strongest skills" - is that in all areas of life? (eg I am wondering about - communicating emotional things, communication in relationships).
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pamelah Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:48 pm

I do see that communication can be your strongest skill in two ways:
1. Your head line is very straight and long - a Hal 9000 Gift Marking. This means that on the master path (when you are doing well, in flow) you are a strong communicator about solving complex issues, sharing lots of data and analyzing the situation really well. You can easily find solutions.

2. Your heart line on the hand shown us (it may be different on your other hand) curves up to the index finger after heading towards the middle finger. This is called a Passionate acting like a Big Heart. Both Passionates and Big Heart types share feelings, express what they feel.

So I see that your capacity is there to express in both ways. The question is this: when you are on the student path (the challenging side) you may communicate in a way that is difficult for others to hear - either talking too much about detailed data (Hal 9000) or blurting out feelings without thinking about the consequence (Passionate) or being more focused and concerned about somebody else's feelings that you don't share your own authentically (Big Heart).
Pamelah
Pamelah

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:23 am

Dear Friends,

Atal Behari Vajpayee, our beloved Ex Prime Minister, has a low set Mercury Finger, and he was a great Speaker. His Palm Images are available on Indian Palmistry Forum on 11/4/2011.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Lynn, Pamelah and others,

Here are few more pics( 1st 2 of left hand and and next 2 of right hand ) for more clarification:

But, as is pointed out by both of you:
Yes, I am well versed while communicating on topics of my mastery. But, while I am on its learning path, I fumble. If you notice my headline - initially its blurred, later it becomes very clear and sharp. So, I have lots of unclarity ( and so keep asking my qtns ) initially, while getting a hang over any subject( I think- this is what Pamelah referred as STUDENT path ). And once I get a hang on it, I can handle that subject very easily and can explain it others aswell.

And yes, I do this with my feelings also. I need to have a clear picture of what is happening to my feelings. And, once I have a rational edge on them - I can manage my emotions easily. When I say manage - I can express, direct, keep with myself comfortably. But, otherwise, yes, I may express them irrationally - burst of anger, frustation with myself etc. And this expression of my anger/burst out is only with those who are family members( Where I think make / break ). But, getting frustrated and keeping with myself and having emotional turbulance can all happen with others though that person doesn't matter to me! And strangely, when I am calm and not in hurry, I can decide to go ahead and speak to that person and express my emotions!!

Last edited by Kiran.Katawa on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:22 pm

thanks for the feedback & photos Kiran. The long top phalanx on Mercury is good for communication.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat May 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Kiran,
I think short and low set can also be mistaken for what is really the body language of the hand. The stance of the fingers. Just like posture and the difference in slumping versus standing up straight.

The green lines below are the same length. I think if the fingers were placed in similar positions to the red lines the little finger would have a different appearance.

Feelings of abandment also carry the 'poor me' attitude which can also go with the little finger bearing down on the ring finger and it being pressed into the middle finger which is trying to hold them up (with it's Saturnian nature of responsibility) along with the index bent over shoving them back into place Wink Changing the position you carry these fingers will likely shift the energy, but you'd have to also be ready for the confident attitude the other position will bring otherwise it won't feel comfortable to change the position. Remember Michael Jordan's finger positions.

Low set or short little finger 30042010
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  NoelH Sat May 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Patti wrote:Changing the position you carry these fingers will likely shift the energy, but you'd have to also be ready for the confident attitude the other position will bring otherwise it won't feel comfortable to change the position. Remember Michael Jordan's finger position

Interesting! So physically changing the "posture" of your hands, consciously, can actually affect a person to this extent? I guess that does make sense. Having a more confident shoulder posture can change your attitude. Smiling more can actually chemically make a person more happy. So, although I'd never thought about it, I can see how this could also work!
NoelH
NoelH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next