Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 64 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Voting17The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Voting19The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Voting17The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Voting19The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry

2 posters

Go down

The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Empty The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:05 pm

In various other discussions at this forum some forum members (Stalin & Upendrasingh Bhadoriya) have talked about 'Yogs' - a.k.a. 'Yogas' - in indian palmistry.

'Yogs' can be describes as combinations of hand characteristics which appear to origin directly from astrology (where these are named 'Yogas'). This implicates that the 'Yog' can be recognized as a typical example of astro-palmistry.

The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Wasi-yog_12430 The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Vehsi-yog_12431

But how important are these 'Yogs' in classical Indian palmistry?

Narayan Dutt Shrimali writes in the preface of his book 'Practical Palmistry' (p.4):

" I have given the gist of Indian and Western views on palmistry in this book. At the same time, I have made it clear what are the fundamental differences and why are these differences? Which one is correct and with the help of which sutra, correct future telling can be done?
These truths have been incorporated in this book for the first time and at the same time, description about lines on the palm, fingers and their joints and other signs on the human body have all been collect exhaustively. Behind all this, there is my study, more than the study is the presentation of the subject-matter are long years of experience in this line. There is no mention of the astronomical yogas (combinations) not only in India but also in the world's other books on palmistry because the subject is very tough and not easily accessible. In this book for the first time more than 240 palmistry combinations (yogas) have been thoroughly explained and this is the special feature of this book."

Remember, always be aware of 'who writes what'!

In this case, Narayan Dutt Shrimali (1933 – 1998) was a profession author who became known as a 'Guru of the highest proficiency' (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narayan_Dutt_Shrimali ). However, this man wrote at least 40 books... about many other topics beyond palmistry, including many other Indian sciencies.

So, obviously this is not a man who devoted his life to reading hands: palmistry was only one of the many Indian sciences that her learned and wrote about.

Additionally, Shrimali's writing may not be reliable. For example: regarding Shrimali's claim that the 'Yogs' were never described before in earlier palmistry books - one of our forum members from India, mister Upendrasingh Bhadoriya, described that he is aware that the 'Yogas' have been mentioned in some much older books.

Upendrasingh Bhadoriya wrote:

"I have one Hindi book named “Sachitra Samudrik Rahsyam” written by Late Pt. KalikaPrasad ( Rajjyotishi Of Banaras State)(Royal Astrologer of Banaras State) having good palmistry in form of ‘Shloka’ printed in Samvat 1984 means before 84 year i.e. 1924 AD in which 25 Yogs are given in separate chapter named “Yogavali”."

https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/iiie-vedic-palmistry-f5/which-time-scale-of-fate-line-fits-in-your-practice-t296-15.htm#3042

Anyone who is able to share more info about the history of the 'Yogs' ('Yogas') in palmistry is very welcome to do that in this discussion!

TIP: Here you can find pictures + descriptions of 50 Indian 'Yogs':
http://www.indianetzone.com/26/different_types_yog_palmistry.htm

The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Palmistry4
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Empty Re: The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:50 pm

I have no comment for this gentleman. I have come to through some reliable sources that he able to produce money with help of Yagna. Some of his follower called him Bhagwan “GOD”. He wrote more than more than forty books on various subjects I think which is possible to a “GOD” only. Yogas mentioned in http://www.indianetzone.com/26/different_types_yog_palmistry.htm almost came from his book only. Actually all these yogas are mentioned in astrology. And he derived in to palmistry. He is right what he described is not found anywhere in palmistry because they are not a part of palmistry and even almost are not applicable ( My request : Any one can check them)
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

http:// http://www.vedicastrostar.com

Back to top Go down

The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry Empty Re: The role of the Yogs (Yogas) in Indian astro-palmistry

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Hello U.B.,

Thank you for sharing your additonal thoughts.

I guess, regarding my question:
"How important are these 'Yogs' in classical Indian palmistry?"

... your answer appears to be: that the 'Yogs' should not be associated with classic Indian palmistry.

thinking Not sure...have I understood your comments correctly?

(If so, then your answer sounds very sensible to me! Thumbs up! )
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:19 am

Martijnji Namste

Before I explain yogas from palmistry book I would like to write some meaning of Word “yog” : joining together, connection, relation; relationship, union; association, intercourse etc.Yoga is part of Indian classical palmistry but what shown in 'Practical Palmistry' of Narayan Dutt Shrimali is not a part of classical palmistry. In palmistry yoga means joining together various lines and signs and their resultant force or ability to do something or achievement. Such type of analysis are given in some western palmistry also under the name or title like “An apparatus for counselors” “Summary of vocation signs” “Summary of human characteristics” etc. I think all these things come after you complete the reading of that book only when a reader become able to judge them and apply on palm easily.
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

http:// http://www.vedicastrostar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Okay U.B., thank you for answering my question!

Yes, your answer makes sense for me: I think you are basically refering to the 'art of combination'.

By the way, I have the impression that the 'art of combination' is hardly ever seen in classic Indian palmistry - therefore I think it is important to find out where the use of 'Yogs' really started in Indian palmistry (because 'Yogs' describe always a combination of hand characteristics).

If we come to the conclusion that 'Yogs' were never a part of ancient palmistry, because these became a part of Indian palmistry at a later moment... then that would mean a clear identification of the fundamental difference between 'ancient Indian palmistry' and 'modern hand reading' (+ 'scientific hand reading').

PS. I have planned to write more about this topic at my website - but it would be very helpful if we find more details about the origins of the 'Yogs' in palmistry!!

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down