Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Casual palm reading? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Casual palm reading? Voting17Casual palm reading? Voting19Casual palm reading? Voting18 
puneet
Casual palm reading? Voting17Casual palm reading? Voting19Casual palm reading? Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Casual palm reading?

5 posters

Go down

Casual palm reading? Empty Casual palm reading?

Post  yogiman Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:00 am

I have a friend who is used to ask strangers to see their hand, and then comes up with some nice, mostly flattering observations. I have been studying palmistry for some months now, and it turns out to be more complicated then I had expected. Can one do a right analysis of the hand just by seeing it live? My own inclination is to study the palm print thoroughly before endeavering on a helpful read.

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title modification)

yogiman

Back to top Go down

Casual palm reading? Empty Re: Casual palm reading?

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:45 am

yogiman wrote:I have a friend who is used to ask strangers to see their hand, and then comes up with some nice, mostly flattering observations. I have been studying palmistry for some months now, and it turns out to be more complicated then I had expected. Can one do a right analysis of the hand just by seeing it live? My own inclination is to study the palm print thoroughly before endeavering on a helpful read.

Hi yogiman,

"Flattering observations" are probably the most easy way to induce the so-called 'Barnum-effect', a technique that became popular in the fields that get involved with 'cold reading' and 'mentalism'.

Be aware:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

(People in this field may - consciously or unconsciously - not always deliver what you expect them to deliver)

Casual palm reading? Psychic-856_250px
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:51 am

yogiman wrote:I have a friend who is used to ask strangers to see their hand, and then comes up with some nice, mostly flattering observations. I have been studying palmistry for some months now, and it turns out to be more complicated then I had expected. Can one do a right analysis of the hand just by seeing it live? My own inclination is to study the palm print thoroughly before endeavering on a helpful read.

Yogiman,

If you don't mind, can you tell us why you found it more complicated than you thought? I am interested in your views because I have myself struggled with many contradictory indications. I like to discuss with others. I am still struggling.

Learner

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:02 am

Yogiman,

There is a difference between Flattering  and Positive. If you see something that you think you should not say else the person will be demoralised then you can say " Just take precautions, get regular check ups, take medicines and you will be well soon"  or if he is going to meet with some great loss in business or personal life financially then say: " Be careful when you approach this age X. Being careful will help you get over the period without suffering any financially losses or something similar" . When you mention directly that he will face serious health issues or serious financial losses the poor fellow is going to start worrying right from that moment. Everyone loves to hear sweet words and nobody wants to face any difficulties but sensible reading will be positive and may have the desired effect.

I saw the palm of a person and read it. He said afterwards that someone told him he will die after 2 years. I saw the palm again and said: "Don't worry you will escape Death" . He actually did die after 2 years and I came to know about this after 5 years from another friend of his. What must have happened to him when I predicted that he will survive. Till the last moment he must have enjoyed his life not worrying at all and well when you have to go you have to go and nothing can be done about it. I never took a penny from him and there was no flattery but the reading was sensible without making him unduly worried.

When ever you are puzzled in reading palm always try to discuss with the person about your doubts so that you may get an answer to it. You will get your answer provided you proceed with the thought of getting the solution. Your determination and desire to succeed will always help. At times I used to get intuitions and gave intuitive replies which subsequently surprised me as I found the replies I made against what I later saw in the palm. Never had any intuitive reply gone wrong and hence I always attribute such responses to 'WHAT HE WANTS ME TO SAY ON HIS BEHALF'.

Pravin Kumar

Last edited by pravin kumar on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:13 am

pravin kumar wrote:Yogiman,

There is a difference between Flattering  and Positive. If you see something that you thing you should not say else the person will be demoralised then you can say " Just take precautions, get regular check ups, take medicines and you will be well soon"  or if he is going to meet with some great loss in business or personal life financially then say: " Be careful when you approach this age X. Being careful will help you get over the period without suffering any financially losses or something similar" . When you mention directly that he will face serious health issues or serious financial losses the poor fellow is going to start worrying right from that moment. Everyone loves to hear sweet words and nobody wants to face any difficulties but sensible reading will be positive and may have the desired effect.

I saw the palm of a person and read it. He said afterwards that someone told him he will die after 2 years. I saw the palm again and said: "Don't worry you will escape Death" . He actually did die after 2 years and I came to know about this after 5 years from another friend of his. What must have happened to him when I predicted that he will survive. Till the last moment he must have enjoyed his life not worrying at all and well when you have to go you have to go and nothing can be done about it. I never took a penny from him and there was no flattery but the reading was sensible without making him unduly worried.

When ever you are puzzled in reading palm always try to discuss with the person about your doubts so that you may get an answer to it. You will get your answer provided you proceed with the thought of getting the solution. Your determination and desire to succeed will always help. At times I used to get intuitions and gave intuitive replies which subsequently surprised me as I found the replies I made against what I later saw in the palm. Never had any intuitive reply gone wrong and hence I always attribute such responses to 'WHAT HE WANTS ME TO SAY ON HIS BEHALF'.

Pravin Kumar

Pravin,

Don't you think that those who read this reply from you may not believe the positive readings that you give them since they won't know if you are telling the truth or just trying to make them happy?

Learner

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:59 pm

learner wrote:

Yogiman,

If you don't mind, can you tell us why you found it more complicated than you thought? I am interested in your views because I have myself struggled with many contradictory indications. I like to discuss with others. I am still struggling.

Learner

Hi learner,

Please do feel free to speak out about 'contradictory indications', though I am not sure yet about what you have in mind exactly... I am sure that it will be interesting to discuss the details.

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:43 am

hi yogiman,  I was the same as you when I first started, ie the need to study a handprint thoroughly before saying anything. My friend had no hesitation in casually making a few comments when a hand was offered to her in social situations, and I kind-of wished I could do the same, but my fear of 'not being good enough' held me back.

25 years later I am still like you Smile I still prefer to study the whole hand for a while before making a comment! And I prefer to do it in private one-to-one readings. Nowadays it is not because of my lack of confidence in my handreading skills. I think handreading is a serious business and not some casual party trick.

What if someone shows me their hand (as someone did years ago at a dinner, in front of about 10 - 12  people) and says "I don't believe this stuff, go on, tell me something that will impress me". I quickly 'did the jigsaw' of putting his hand features together, and could immediately see that he had been severely bullied or abused as a child. That is hardly a topic for public social dinner conversation, yet it was probably the most significant thing that happened in his life. I didn't handle the situation well, I blushed and said something like "don't put me on the spot". Which gave all the sceptics there chance to sneer at me and palmistry.  I spoke to him about it later in private and yes, it was true, we spoke about it at length and he said it helped him to understand some things about himself, his past, and why he reacted certain ways to people in the present. Also he was grateful that I didn't speak about it in front of others. Of course I could have reacted differently when he flashed his hands in front of me at the party, I could have made some flattering comments as your friend does, "ooh you have great artistic skills" ....but would that have helped him in any way?

Sorry I have rambled on.
In answer to your question: "Can one do a right analysis of the hand just by seeing it live?" - yes you can.
One thing that concerns me re "a friend who is used to ask strangers to see their hand". I teach my students "Do not do a reading for anyone unless they have asked for it". I do not think it is ethical to read for anyone who has not requested a reading, but that is my personal preference.
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Lynn,

I am referring to your following statement: Sorry I have rambled on.
In answer to your question: "Can one do a right analysis of the hand just by seeing it live?" - yes you can.
One thing that concerns me re "a friend who is used to ask strangers to see their hand". I teach my students "Do not do a reading for anyone unless they have asked for it". I do not think it is ethical to read for anyone who has not requested a reading, but that is my personal preference.

When I started practising palm reading I came several people whose palm looked different from what I saw on their face so I would take their permission and see their palm but I never read the palm but only the one pointed that interested me: One couple were sitting next to me in a train. The man would speak at length continuously and the lady only nodded her add without answering. I found this strange as it is normally the other way round. So I asked her to show me her palm to know why she is so silent. I found her thumb both phalanges matching. Her husband told me that she is respected in their whole family and her advise carried weight. Naturally a person with balanced approach in action and logic will be respected.

Whenever I saw something awkward I would definitely see the palm of the person to know why it is so. That is satisfying the curiosity rather than reading the palm.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  yogiman Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Sorry Lynn, please keep on rambling. In one way or the other I missed your post. I totally agree with you that it should come from the other side. A way to this is to steer the conversation towards handreading. Maybe it is a good idea to prepare some animating talk about it. Asking every time will give you a weird reputation and could turn people off, particularly if you are still in a beginning stage.

yogiman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down