Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 51 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 51 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Voting17How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Voting19How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Voting17How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Voting19How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner?

3 posters

Go down

How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Empty How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner?

Post  yogiman Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:28 am

The suggested way to make a handprint is by covering the hand with ink. However, this is inconvenient for the casual case. Would it be possible to create a computer application that converts a photo into a black/white handprint?

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Title edited)

yogiman

Back to top Go down

How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Empty Re: How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner?

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:13 pm

yogiman wrote:The suggested way to make a handprint is by covering the hand with ink. However, this is inconvenient for the casual case. Would it be possible to create a computer application that converts a photo into a black/white handprint?

Hello yogiman,

Sorry, I don't think that such an application will become useful as it will likely induce visual effects that are not really present in the hand. Photoshop does provide options to create such effects but those options will not give you the opportunity to see the path of the ridges lines inside the fingerprints, etc.

A photo-copier will give a detailed 'flat' result, though the quality will e.g vary with the quality of the product.

wave 
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Empty ink palmprint outdated?

Post  yogiman Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:05 pm

I have watched the hand photos on this website, and I am impressed by the quality. It makes me wonder what is still the use of an old fashioned handprint.

yogiman

Back to top Go down

How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Empty Re: How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner?

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:59 pm

yogiman wrote:I have watched the hand photos on this website, and I am impressed by the quality. It makes me wonder what is still the use of an old fashioned handprint.

Short answer: handprints are basically especially a valuable tool to study the dermatoglyphics.

Thanks for asking!  wave 

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  yogiman Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:02 am

The benefit of a photo is that there is no mess, as a consequence less hurdle for a possible subject, easy storage, no need to outline the fingers, and the ability to draw in the picture.
The benefit of an ink print is that the dermatoglyphics are somewhat clearer, and that the subject has to go through some ritual before the act of handreading.

Weighing both photography in the present modern time and ink print, which one is preferrable?

yogiman

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:31 am

yogiman wrote:The benefit of a photo is that there is no mess, as a consequence less hurdle for a possible subject, easy storage, no need to outline the fingers, and the ability to draw in the picture.
The benefit of an ink print is that the dermatoglyphics are somewhat clearer, and that the subject has to go through some ritual before the act of handreading.

Weighing both photography in the present modern time and ink print, which one is preferrable?

Hi yogiman,

I think a hand scan (photocopy in color) is most preferable, since it usually gives a good impression of nearly all essential (visible) features, including the dermatoglyphics. The example below illustrates the quality material which one can achieve using a hand scan.

Click HERE to see the details.

wave

How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? Sample_scanned_image_of_a_palm.246165416
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  yogiman Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Sorry for my previous deleted post. After clicking full size I indeed see the details. What type of handscanner is recommended?

yogiman

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:32 pm

yogiman wrote:Sorry for my previous deleted post. After clicking full size I indeed see the details. What type of handscanner is recommended?

By principle you can use any flatbed scanner that is appropriate to make copies of books; but be aware that the very cheapest scanners might get damaged due to the weight of the hands, so I would recommend to use a robust product that can take a very heavy book.

These are the type of products that you can use:

Flatbed Scanners

How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? 31ENIXODFVL._SY300_
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  yogiman Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Thank you Martijn for your always honest and useful replies.

yogiman

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:57 pm

The scan example from Martijn for sure gives a very clear picture and ability to see all the skin ridges & fingerprints. This is not the case with some of the hand scans that people send me. Are there any further clues as to how to get a good hand scan? What resolution should they be scanning at? Most scans I receive have the mounts and fingerprints squashed flat (due to pressing down too hard on scanner) the lifeline appearing wider than it really is (due to thumb being held too close to hand) etc. So far I didn't find scans to be the clearest representation of the hands.
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:43 am

Lynn wrote:The scan example from Martijn for sure gives a very clear picture and ability to see all the skin ridges & fingerprints. This is not the case with some of the hand scans that people send me. Are there any further clues as to how to get a good hand scan? What resolution should they be scanning at? Most scans I receive have the mounts and fingerprints squashed flat (due to pressing down too hard on scanner) the lifeline appearing wider than it really is (due to thumb being held too close to hand) etc. So far I didn't find scans to be the clearest representation of the hands.

Great question Lynn!

10 Years ago the FBI described 250 to 300 dpi scan as probably the minimum resolution in their fingerprint scanners; so, that should do as well for a full hand scan.

(Today is 500 dpi is generally recognized to represent a medium resolution for scanners)

PS. Additionally, I think it would be okay to ask for real size pictures in jpeg format for each hand separately that take between 0.5 to 1.0 mb memory storage.

How to capture hands: camera, palm print or flatbed scanner? 72vs300dpi
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down