Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 81 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 81 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Sumit
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Voting17The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Voting19The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Voting18 
rajashri
The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Voting17The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Voting19The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain!

2 posters

Go down

The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Empty The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain!

Post  kimmiexsweetie Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:53 pm

I seriously love this book. Some of the books I read can be a little confusing because there are no illustrations to depict the author's descriptions! So while the reader may be visualizing one detail, the author may mean another!

What's great about this book is that it offers clear illustrations for each and every description. I definitely recommend this book!

The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain.

kimmiexsweetie

Back to top Go down

The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Empty Re: The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain!

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Sorry Kimmiexsweetie, this title actually represents one of the most controversial books inside the field of palmistry... and it is probably not a coincidence that 2 books from this author are listed in the TOP 5 controversial books (based on the 'votes' shared by 29 experts from around the world), see:
http://www.handresearch.com/book/palmistry-books-controversial-palm-reading.htm

Inside Christopher Jones' review of the history of palmistry you can read more about why this author has earned very little respect inside the palmistry community (Comte de St Germain is accused of various issues, including e.g.: fraude & plagiarism):
http://www.cheirology.net/history/stgermain.htm

Quote:

"The self-styled 'Count' St Germain was not a count at all but, it would seem, a journalist for the Chicago Times, whose real name was Edgar de Valcourt-Vermont. He maintained a palmistry column in this newspaper for some years and between 1884 and 1897, published three (some say four) books on handreading. These are generally recognised as being some of the worst - and most inaccurate - books on palmistry ever written."

Anyway, despite that I am aware that many do not share your enthousiasm for this book... the single 'positive vote' (next to 5 'negative votes') for this title is illustrative for how opinions tend to vary among readers.

I hope this info will become helpfull for you.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain! Empty Re: The Practice of Palmistry by Comte De Saint Germain!

Post  kimmiexsweetie Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Oh...nooo! 

Thanks Martijin for enlightening me on the critical reception of that book. I didn't know!
What literature, then, would you recommend for me that has clear illustrations but still is lauded in the palmistry community?

kimmiexsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 pm

kimmiexsweetie wrote:Oh...nooo! 

Thanks Martijin for enlightening me on the critical reception of that book. I didn't know!
What literature, then, would you recommend for me that has clear illustrations but still is lauded in the palmistry community?

Hi Kimmiexsweetie,

No problem at all, there is also a list of the TOP 10 most recommended books:
http://www.handresearch.com/book/palmistry-books-recommended-palm-reading.htm

I hope your familiar with the names of the authors?

wave 
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down