Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Psychological depressed patients Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Psychological depressed patients Voting17Psychological depressed patients Voting19Psychological depressed patients Voting18 
Sumit
Psychological depressed patients Voting17Psychological depressed patients Voting19Psychological depressed patients Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Psychological depressed patients

+2
GoodPalmist
asif amin
6 posters

Go down

Psychological depressed patients Empty Psychological depressed patients

Post  asif amin Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:06 am

I am starting new topic with the permission of Martijin.

Before starting and posting some references I would like to express some my own experience owing to clear whole pictures in mind related to this topic.

I read many books of palmistry, some author of that books emphasized broken or islanded head line is related to psycho patients and mentally retarded patients.

Keep in mind in a modern world especially in an economic condition of world shows every 3 out 4 persons are facing economic jolt in their daily life. My question is, is it suitable for us (Palmistry researchers) giving them title to as a psycho patient.

It is common in palmistry that chained, islanded head line or uncommon lines crossing head line is indication of illness, depression and shows minor or major accidents.

Anyway, at my point of in Pakistan socio, economic and political situation shows unrest due to every citizen of this country is facing serious problems and crises.
Crisis and unemployment leads to depression and in result depression leads to psycho disorder in human nature.

In Pakistan different people have different hands we cannot judge economic and political fear to see only palm. There is no identification in palm to judge inner fear. Anyhow we can judge and identify personal depression, personal illness and personal problems one who faced or facing in their life.

My headline is chained with some small islands it shows my past problems due to my paternal family was disturbed and my some personal family problems but I am not mentally retarded or psycho patient.

There is some hand prints taken from M.A Malik's book The new horizon in Palmistry.

Psychological depressed patients Untitl10
Psychological depressed patients Untitl11
Psychological depressed patients Untitl12
Psychological depressed patients Untitl13
Psychological depressed patients Untitl14
Psychological depressed patients Untitl15
Psychological depressed patients Untitl16

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved from 'forum IIIc')
asif amin
asif amin

Back to top Go down

Psychological depressed patients Empty Re: Psychological depressed patients

Post  GoodPalmist Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Hello Asif,

Thanks for posting these pics. Does the book have any other such pics about other conditions that you could post.

Thanks,
GP

GoodPalmist

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Hello Asif,

Thank you for your efforts to sharing those materials... and I am happy to see that you've also shared your our own thoughts & observations!! (I fully can relate to what you described, and your own example illustrates that one should certain avoid to exagerate the meaning of a chained head line featured with islands).

Now regarding Malik's comments on these prints...

I think an inexperienced reader could easily conclude from these examples that Malik's comments SUGGEST that disorders like 'depression', 'migraine', and 'ENT' can be observed from the hand via the headline only.

But this conclusion goes very far away from the truth.

By the way, I also notice that in most of the 'depression'-examples Malik describes the presences of a 'drooping headline'. But actually... I think in some of those cases, the 'bending' of the head line is quite NORMAL - for it is only natural if a headline displays a slight bending towards the wrist.

However, I am willing to add that the examples of 'ENT'-disorders are more impressive: for I think that quite a few of those cases have an a abnormally large island in the head line. But regarding those cases ... one should also notice in our earlier discussion you presented some schizophrenia examples from Malik's book, and some of these examples also have a likewise large island.

(For readers who are not yet aware of the earlier discussion, you can find it here: https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/iiic-psychodiagnostic-chirology-f7/can-mental-illness-be-diagnosed-from-the-palm-t95-15.htm )

So, basically... I think Malik's approach can very easily be misunderstood completely. Because in all these cases (including the introductions which he wrote for the various topics) he has not spend a single word an the importance of connecting the state of the headline with other characteristics of the hand!!

Sorry, but for me this appears to be a very basic 'beginner's mistake'... and I am sure that many of his readers will very likely EXAGERATE the meaning of headline abnormalities.

Asif, in this perspective I am very happy that you've shared your personal comments about your own headline!

(Which I think could be very helpfull for other members of this forum to avoid making the likely mistake that readers of Malik's book might make)

Thumbs up!

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:55 pm

Asif, I have got a suggestion regarding your 'presentation' of the materials from Malik's book:

Because sometimes the picture includes 2 pages from the book - resulting in that some of Malik's words are not visible (which could be relevant regarding the description of the problem of the person involved).

So, it would be very nice if you can change the scans with 2 pages - for two scans with each presenting only one page from the book, such as in the example below:

Psychological depressed patients Untitl10

And by the way, if there are any high quality pictures among them, I would prefer a higher resolution scan for those examples (for example: by presenting one hand print in one picture, etc). Because I think only then we can really see more details of the headline + the rest of the hand.

I hope that you understand why I make this suggestion: I prefer 'quality' instead of 'quantity' - because ... I think illustrations of high 'quality', are more likely to generate more responses + induce interesting discussions at this forum.

Thanks! + Thumb up
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asif amin Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:57 am

Martijin , bundle of thanks especially for giving me confidence and encouragement.

Next time ( after this post ) I will scan only single page illustration as per your kind instruction. Time by time I will post more hands.

Now, I am posting hand prints from Beryl Hutchinson book " A modern guide to palmistry- your life in your hand". Author included these hands in the Psychological ill health section but did not describe any further details of these hands

Psychological depressed patients Untitl18
asif amin
asif amin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 am

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sari Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:37 am

Hello,
I thought I'd share this palm photo of a woman age 46 who is a long term sufferer of depression.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56290507@N05/5205143619/

and this is her left hand.:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56290507@N05/5205144575/in/photostream/

Last edited by Sari on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:46 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added other photo)
Sari
Sari

https://www.destinypalmistry.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:46 am

Thanks for sharing those hands Sari! Thumbs up!

Regarding the major lines I observe :

- both hands: short (splitting) heart line;
- left hand: two head lines (the upper is incomplete) + incomplete simian line;
- various asymmetric patterns;

Regarding the fingers I observe:

- (very) short middle fingers
- rather high 2D:4D digit ratio*

* In 2008 a study reported for males an association with depression:
http://www.psych.ualberta.ca/~phurd/papers/Bailey_andH05b.pdf

scratch .. And obviously, these hands look very 'puffy' + the proximal phalange of both index finger looks very large (length + width!!). Beyond the depression, I could imagine that there is an eating problem (disorder?) involved as well?

Psychological depressed patients 5205143619_d10418aa71_b
Psychological depressed patients 5205144575_2e7112c560_b
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sari Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:22 am

Thanks for your comments,
Yes, she is overweight due to her lack of physical effort in general things, and she sleeps a lot due to her medication and also prone to drinking heavily even though she was advised not to because of the medication. She lost her mother to cancer when she was only 15 years of age which could have been the beginning of the depression.
Sari
Sari

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:25 am

hi Sari, thanks for posting these pictures. Do you know if she has any (underactive) thyroid problems? (or even some chromosome disorder?)
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sari Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:47 am

Hi Lynn,
She hasn't been diagnosed with underactive thyroid (she's just underactive in general) and hasn't been tested for chromosome disorder. She was recently diagnosed bi-polar on top of the depression. But I don't see how they did because her medication has been heavy for a long time, maybe the medication is causing other problems. thinking
Sari
Sari

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:33 am

Thanks Sari. It was just a 'feeling' from the look of her hands!
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Hello all,

I haven't been on the forum for a while due to work and study commitments and with my new BlackBerry I can easily log on and comment, but, I'm not the slightest bit impressed with what I'm reading on this forum, simply because I am dedicated to PDC.

First of all, this is not the correct section of the forum. Here you are talking about depression on the PDC section, and yet you have not stated anything regarding PDC! You have not citated from any of the PDC textbooks!

My point here is this has nothing to do with PDC, so there's no reason to have it in this section. Martijn, if possible, can you create another section such as "scientific hand analysis" or whatever.

I'm sure you would know by now that PDC is a discipline on it's own and has nothing to do with palmistry, this is what you'll discover by reading the latest PDC textbook.

Secondly, the majority of your research, by the looks of things, is palmistry, and that's a problem because it is what it is, palmistry. The majority of palmistry is fortune telling and most often nothing scientific. Just because a majority of palmistry textbooks indicate that certain features indicate depression, it doesn't mean so!

This brings me to my third point. Look at Martijn, the majority of his work and research comes from scientific research. PDC was tested in behavioural science laboratories. Kevin Leak who is doing research on depression at a mental institution and at the country's biggest university. My point is, before you go on any further, do some scientific research.

I have a large amount of palm prints from individuals who suffer from depression, and from my own research I'm finding a pattern with a specific feature and attempted suicide, which I'm happy because I haven't found anything like this in any book or textbook.

Another major problem I've got and that I'm quite concerned, is that I have seen this time and time again, from the old and new forum, and this happens with some of the IIHA graduates (which one would least expect), that will discuss, for example, autism, and how the hands can indicate autism, but yet, YET THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS!
Ron
Ron

http://www.ron-alain.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Ron wrote:Hello all,...

First of all, this is not the correct section of the forum.
Hi Ron, great to see you posting again!

Of course you're right... this topic was not posted in the right forum section, thanks for making that noticed! So I decided to move your topic from forum IIIc to IIIa.

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down