Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Voting17Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Voting19Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Voting17Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Voting19Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

+4
tap
Patti
Lynn
Martijn (admin)
8 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Empty Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Finger-length-variations

The picture above presents an opportunity to assess you finger length by detail in the perspective of normal finger length variations (versus abnormal finger length variations).

You can use it by making a few measurements - I'll explain this by sharing the measurements from my own hands:

MY RIGHT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger): 8.7 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.8 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11.65 cm

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.7 / 8.8 = 0.989
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.7 / 11.65 = 0.747

Finger length index: 8.7 / (8.8+11.65) = 0.425

MY LEFT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger): 8.85 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 9.05 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11.55 cm

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.85 / 9.05 = 0.978
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.85 / 11.55 = 0.766

Finger length index: 8.85 / (9.05+11.55) = 0.43

ANALYSIS:

- The numbers for both of my hands are very close to international average for males (so by finger lengths are typical for a male).

- My 'finger length index' is clearly inside the normal range for both hands (the average is slightly below the average of the mid of the normal range - which is also typical for a male).

- Also, the 'finger length' is clearly longer in my left hand and the palm length is clearly shorter (compared to my right hand), which is a clue regarding my left handedness. And palm breadth is also larger in my left hand (also compared to palm length), which provides confirmation for the first clue.

PS. Many more details are presented here:
http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/how-to-assess-your-finger-length.htm

PPS. This is only the beginning... I am working on a few more pictures that will provide guidelines for how finger length can be used to identify info related to other themes.

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Now... anyone interested to get a reading for your finger length?

You are welcome to share the details for both of your hands (including measurements for finger length, palm breadth and palm length), then I will try my best to present you an analysis for your hands.

wave

PS. Please try to make the measurements for your hands as precisely as you can.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Lynn Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Ok Martijn, here are my measurements.

MY RIGHT
HAND:
Finger length (middle finger): 8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 7.8 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 10.2 cm

MY LEFT
HAND:
Finger length (middle finger): 7.9 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 7.7 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 10.1 cm
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Lynn wrote:Ok Martijn, here are my measurements.

MY RIGHT
HAND:

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 7.8 = 1.026
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.0 / 10.2 = 0.784

Finger length index: 8.0 / (7.8+10.2) = 0.444

MY LEFT
HAND:

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 7.9 / 7.7 = 1.026
Finger length to palm length ratio: 7.9 / 10.1 = 0.782

Finger length index: 7.9 / (7.7+10.1) = 0.444

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for sharing your measurements. Thumbs up!

MY ANALYSIS FOR YOUR HANDS:

- The numbers for both hands are slightly higher than the international average for females (so your finger lengths are typical for a female).

- Your 'finger length index' is clearly inside the normal range for both hands (both slightly above the average of the mid of the normal range - which is also typical for a female).

- Also, your 'finger length' is longer in your right hand, but palm length and palm breadth are also longer (compared to your left hand) - so you obviously have larger right hand. But since both your finger length and palm breadth are dominant this indicates your right handedness - though there are some contradictive clues which could indicate that you might prefer to do some things with your left hand.

- Finally, I could add a more speculative note (I am still working on this aspect)... your finger length index is not typical for a UK woman (though not unusual neither) - but instead your finger length is rather more typical for people in East Asia (the 2nd strongest continental connection appears to be the Middle East).

So, I guess... hardly any big surprises in this reading. Correct?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the 'finger length reading'! Very Happy

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks Martijn,

I am right handed & do everything with right hand. The only thing I ever preferred to do with left hand was ironing, and I hold cigarette in left hand. Embarassed

My hands are slightly large for my height - I am 5ft 4", my hand length is average for someone 5ft 6" (I don't know if that is relevant). and btw I have no East Asian ancestry.

note - I measured finger length and then palm length. Later I measured total length of palm from top rascette of wrist to tip of middle finger, and it was 0.4 cm higher than the individual measurements added together! so I measured the finger & palm length again in a more relaxed position (I think I stretched them out first time, I'm not sure if 0.4 cm makes a difference?)

so, what have we learnt from this? that I am typical for a female tho not typical for a UK female, but more typical for East Asian female. Slightly higher than international average for females, but within normal range. Right handed (yes) might prefer to do some things with left hand (not much). So what does that tell us about me? (I am aware that hand shape is a very general characteristic that doesn't tell us much specific about a person, and that my finger length is a little above average for a fire shaped hand, but not long enough for a water shape hand).

Last edited by Lynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 am

Hi Lynn,

Regarding the measurement problem, not sure what caused your problem... all I can add that one should best make sure that the measurements are done on a 'flat' hand.

Thanks for adding your comment about fire (and water) hand shape. I will later also see how the criteria for each hand shape (that you shared some time earlier) can be projected in the finger length picture. I think you will love the result so much then... especially since I will then also be able to present the four hand types in the perspective of finger length in Down syndrome, Fragile-X syndrome and Marfan syndrome.

So... I will be able to add more specific info at a later moment - within a few days.

Thank you for your feedback so far!

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:02 pm

My left middle finger 7.7
Palm width 7.8
Palm length 9.7

right middle finger 7.9
Palm width 7.9
Palm length 9.6
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:11 am

Patti wrote:My left middle finger 7.7
Palm width 7.8
Palm length 9.7

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 7.7 / 7.8 = 0.987
Finger length to palm length ratio: 7.7 / 9.7 = 0.794

Finger length index: 7.7 / (7.8+9.7) = 0.44

right middle finger 7.9
Palm width 7.9
Palm length 9.6

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 7.9 / 7.9 = 1.000
Finger length to palm length ratio: 7.9 / 9.6 = 0.823

Finger length index: 7.9 / (7.9+9.6) = 0.451

Hi Patti,
Thank you for sharing your measurements. Thanks!

- The average numbers for both hands are close to the international averages and slightly closer to female average; more specific: you actually have slightly long fingers relative to palm length but also slightly short fingers relative to palm width (compared to the international averages for females). So, your finger length can sort of be described as perfectly normal, but your palm length is (just) a little bit short (in the international perspective - but your numbers appear to be quite typical for US women, see the speculative note below).

- Your 'finger length index' is clearly inside the normal range for both hands; both slightly above the average of the mid of the normal range - which is relatively normal for a female.

- Also, your 'finger length' is longer in your right hand, and combined with palm breadth longer in your right hand and palm length shorter in your right hand this is a typical combination for a right-handed person.are also longer (compared to your left hand) - so you obviously have larger right hand.

- Finally, I also could add a speculative note (I am still working on this aspect)... your finger length index is quite typical for a US woman - US women appear to have a palm shape slightly shorter + wider compared to the international averages for men and women. I could that in this perspective your palm is actually a little bit narrower than the average for US women, though still quite close to this average.

NOTICE: I will disclose more info about the typical values for US women at a later stage.

I hope you enjoyed the 'finger length reading', do the details make sense for you?

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 am

Thanks! Nice to be *normal*. Very Happy
My right foot is slightly longer than my left, too.

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:35 am

Rt hand

Middle finger 7.8 cm
Palm width 7.9 cm
Palm length 10.0 cm

Lt hand

Middle finger 7.7 cm
Palm width 7.5 cm
Palm length 9.9 cm
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:31 am

tap wrote:Rt hand

Middle finger 7.8 cm
Palm width 7.9 cm
Palm length 10.0 cm

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 7.8 / 7.9 = 0.987
Finger length to palm length ratio: 7.8 / 10.0 = 0.780

Finger length index: 7.8 / (7.9+10.0) = 0.446

Lt hand

Middle finger 7.7 cm
Palm width 7.5 cm
Palm length 9.9 cm

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 7.7 / 7.5 = 1.027
Finger length to palm length ratio: 7.7 / 9.9 = 0.777

Finger length index: 7.7 / (7.5+9.9) = 0.443

Hi Tap,

Thank you for sharing your measurements. Thumbs up!

- The average for your hands is very close to the international average for females; more specific: you actually have slightly long fingers relative to palm length (compared to the international averages for females). So, your finger length can sort of be described as perfectly normal, but your palm length is (just) a little bit short (in the international perspective - but your numbers appear to be quite typical for US women, see the speculative note below).

- Your 'finger length index' is clearly inside the normal range for both hands; both slightly above the average of the mid of the normal range - which is relatively normal for a female.

- Also, your 'finger length' is longer in your right hand, and combined with palm breadth longer in your right hand (palm length only slightly longer in your right hand) this is a typical combination for a right-handed person. Basically, your right hand is a bit larger than your left hand.

- Finally, I also could add a speculative note (I am still working on this aspect)... your finger length index is quite typical for a US woman - US women appear to have a palm shape slightly shorter + wider compared to the international averages for men and women. I could that in this perspective your palm is actually narrower than the average for US women, though still not far away from this average.

NOTICE: I will disclose more info about the typical values for US women at a later stage.

I hope you enjoyed the 'finger length reading'! Smile
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks Martijn!
I like normal cheers
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  mirrzzaa Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:06 pm

hi Martijn,

MY RIGHT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger):8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.3 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 10.7 cm

MY LEFT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger): 7.11 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11 cm
mirrzzaa
mirrzzaa

http://captainsm.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 pm

mirrzzaa wrote:hi Martijn,

MY RIGHT HAND:

MY LEFT HAND:

Hello Mirrzzaa,

Nice to see you sharing your measurements.

Unfortunately, something probably went wrong during the process of making your measurments. Because the numbers indicate a huge difference between both hands... which is not present in your hand photos, see:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t1865-is-this-type-of-sun-line-works#19162

More specific: the numbers for your left hand appear to be incorrect, so would you please mind to make new measurements in order to find out where you made the mistake?

(Afterwards I will do my best to provide you my analysis!)

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mirrzzaa Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
mirrzzaa wrote:hi Martijn,

MY RIGHT HAND:

MY LEFT HAND:

Hello Mirrzzaa,

Nice to see you sharing your measurements.

Unfortunately, something probably went wrong during the process of making your measurments. Because the numbers indicate a huge difference between both hands... which is not present in your hand photos, see:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t1865-is-this-type-of-sun-line-works#19162

More specific: the numbers for your left hand appear to be incorrect, so would you please mind to make new measurements in order to find out where you made the mistake?

(Afterwards I will do my best to provide you my analysis!)

wave

hi Martijn, sorry for the mistake in the the measurement,

MY RIGHT HAND:

MY LEFT HAND:

Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.7 cm
mirrzzaa
mirrzzaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:50 am

mirrzzaa wrote:

MY RIGHT HAND:

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 8.8 = 0.909
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.0 / 11.0 = 0.727

Finger length index: 8.0 / (8.8+11.0) = 0.404

MY LEFT HAND:

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 8.7 = 0.920

Finger length index: 8.0 / (8.7+11.0) = 0.406

- The numbers for both hands are below the international average for males, but within the normal range (so your finger lengths are typical for a male).

- Your 'finger length index' is relatively low, though just inside the normal range for both hands (also typical for a male).

- Hardly any difference for your 'finger length' between both hands.

- Finally, I could add a more speculative note (I am still working on this aspect)... your finger length index is not typical for a male from South Asia (though not unusual neither) - unfortunately I do not any specific data for people from Pakistan.

PS. Your photos confirm that you might have even short finger length relative to palm breadth than suggested by your measurements (with below average finger length relative to palm length). That indicates that you have an 'earth earth-fire hand shape' (in the perspective of elemental hand reading - various discussions related to elemental hand reading are available in this forum section: https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/f3-iiic-elemental-chirology).

So, I guess you basically clearly have short fingers.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the 'finger length reading'!

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mirrzzaa Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
mirrzzaa wrote:

MY RIGHT HAND:

MY LEFT HAND:

- The numbers for both hands are below the international average for males, but within the normal range (so your finger lengths are typical for a male).

- Your 'finger length index' is relatively low, though just inside the normal range for both hands (also typical for a male).

- Finally, I could add a more speculative note (I am still working on this aspect)... your finger length index is not typical for a male from South Asia (though not unusual neither) - unfortunately I do not any specific data for people from Pakistan.

PS. Your photos confirm that you might have even short finger length relative to palm breadth than suggested by your measurements (with below average finger length relative to palm length). That indicates that you have an 'earth earth-fire hand shape' (in the perspective of elemental hand reading - various discussions related to elemental hand reading are available in this forum section: https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/f3-iiic-elemental-chirology).

Hi Martijn,

Hi Martijn,

thanks for ur analyses and you are right I have an Earth shaped hand, Small fingers while long palm.

Last edited by mirrzzaa on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
mirrzzaa
mirrzzaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 pm

mirrzzaa wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
mirrzzaa wrote:

MY RIGHT HAND:

MY LEFT HAND:

Hi Martijn,

thanks for ur analyses and you are right I have an Earth shaped hand, Small fingers while long palm.
but i have a question for u if u know about it then must reply, i have an mole on the lunar mount, what is it mean?

Hello Mirza,

Sorry, I do not attribute much value to moles. But maybe you can ask that question in some other forum topic? (Because your mole-question goes beyond this topic).

By the way, yesterday I made some progress regarding the topic of elemental hand shape... and it turns out now that you have a combination of earth/fire hand shape (for both hands). I have corrected this now in my earlier analysis.

wave

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] Finger-length-variations-hand-shapes-axes-2

Yesterday we made some significant progress regarding how to recognize 'elemental hand shape' from the hand dimesions based on finger length - the result is presented above.

(You can read more about this research in the topic: Intro to 5 element chirology )

Therefore it now becomes much more interesting to see the implications for 'elemental hand shape' regarding the measurements presented here so far (and it would for sure be interesting to hear the thoughts are regarding these new results!):

(By the way, the finger coordinates of the people below are NOT presented in the picture above)

My hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 0.989, fl/pl: 0.747): close to fire hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 0.978, fl/pl: 0.766): fire hand shape

Lynn's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.784): fire/water fire/air hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.782): fire/water fire/air hand shape

Patti's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 1.000, fl/pl: 0.823): air hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 0.987, fl/pl: 0.794): close to neutral (most close to earth hand shape) fire/air hand shape

Tap's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 0.987, fl/pl: 0.780): fire hand shape (close to neutral)
- left hand (fl/pb: 1.027, fl/pl: 0.777): fire/water fire/air hand shape

Mirrzzaa's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 0.909, fl/pl: 0.727): earth/fire hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 0.920, fl/pl: 0.727): fire/earth hand shape

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 7 times in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Wow! Thumbs up!
I think this chart clarifies a lot for people using the 5 element system in determining specific hand shape(s) and the degree of attributes to them. Very helpful for people to quickly see and understand their hand shape. Thumb up

PS I just charted a few hands I have on file and this seems to really work well! happy move

Last edited by tap on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS)
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Tap,

Very nice to see that you appreciate the benefits of this new tool.

Yes, it looks like assessing (elemental) hand shape now no longer is solely a matter of perception & evaluation.

Thank you for sharing your enthousiasm!

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mirrzzaa Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 pm

hi Martijn,

nice work and Tap is right that chart really help us to identity the shape of the hand, Thumb up

btw it sounds good to know that i have an Earth/Fire shape hand, so it meanz the charastic of Fire hand also fits on me. Thumbs up!
mirrzzaa
mirrzzaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks Mirrzzaa,

Very nice to hear from you that you recognized as well how this chart can serve for practical purposes.

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.784): fire/water hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.782): fire/water hand shape

previous measurements given
MY RIGHT HAND:

MY LEFT
HAND:

ah now here we have a discrepancy because in the 5 element system my hands are not fire / water! The measurements above were taken across the metacarpals, but if measured across the centre of the palm my hand is 8cm. almost standard fire palm, not narrow enough to be water. My (medium) fingers are a bit longer than standard fire hands so this adds air element.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Lynn wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.784): fire/water hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.782): fire/water hand shape

previous measurements given
MY RIGHT HAND:

MY LEFT
HAND:

ah now here we have a discrepancy because in the 5 element system my hands are not fire / water! The measurements above were taken across the metacarpals, but if measured across the centre of the palm my hand is 8cm. almost standard fire palm, not narrow enough to be water. My (medium) fingers are a bit longer than standard fire hands so this adds air element.

Haha... Lynn, is this really a discrepancy?

Because your comment sounds like so far you assumed to have a typical 'fire palm' shape. No problem thus far.

However, you mentioned that your finger length is 'medium'... which makes me wonder why you associate this with 'air'? Why not associating it with water?

Let me explain how I see it:

In general... due to the 'square palm' that is associated with air hand shape, one would expect that air finger length would typically require to be LONGER than water finger length! Why? Well, that is because especially water hand shape is associated with a NARROW palm (but not a long palm like is seen in fire hand shape!)... which sort of implicates normal palm length + slightly long finger length for the typical water hand!

NOTICE: The descriptions given by Dukes and Fincham confirm this, for example Fincham speaks about that in air hands fingers are required to be longer than ''seven-eights of the length of the palm or more". However, However, regarding water hands finger are only required "seven-eights the palm length... and longer than the width"!

While in air hand shape, one can expect due to the SHORT palm length... LONGER finger length in a typical air hand, compared to the slightly long finger length in a typical water hand?

So, would you mind to explain your thinking here? Why associate 'medium' finger length with air?

Because I have just described why your 'normal finger length' more points in the direction of water ... than air. That is, according my sense for 'logics'. Wink

(Lynn, maybe you have other hand features that can be recognized to represent the influence of air?)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next