Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 52 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Voting17Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Voting19Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Voting18 
puneet
Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Voting17Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Voting19Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Empty Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways

Post  zaobhand Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 pm

My top phalanges bend backward and twist bit like a cork such that the nail of the index finger faces the ulnar side. Any idea what the bending and twisting could mean? I'll try to post better picture tomorrow from the side, where the twisting is clearer. Thanks

Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Img_1210

zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Empty Re: Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways

Post  Patti Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:13 pm

I read the caption and first thing that came to mind - twisted fingers means twisted. lol! and then I saw it was about your own fingers. Wink (uh oh I'm in a strange humor mood today)

It's probably from the hyperflexible joints that you have. I think of the sayings that relate to people who "bend over backwards" to please or help. At the fingertips I would add flexibility of the mind. Bending ulnarly - would have each tip leaning toward the next. That reminds me of a very old piece of art (I think Manfred uploaded it once) of the fingers with faces looking in different directions on the finger tips. Leaning ulnarly, might also relate to the ulnar side of the finger being slightly shorter than the radial side?

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways Empty Re: Top Phalanges bend back and twist sideways

Post  zaobhand Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Patti wrote:I read the caption and first thing that came to mind - twisted fingers means twisted. lol! and then I saw it was about your own fingers. Wink (uh oh I'm in a strange humor mood today)

It's probably from the hyperflexible joints that you have. I think of the sayings that relate to people who "bend over backwards" to please or help. At the fingertips I would add flexibility of the mind. Bending ulnarly - would have each tip leaning toward the next. That reminds me of a very old piece of art (I think Manfred uploaded it once) of the fingers with faces looking in different directions on the finger tips. Leaning ulnarly, might also relate to the ulnar side of the finger being slightly shorter than the radial side?

Haha. I like the twist in the story. Gna...gna I can somewhat "bend backwards" to help people, but not to appease. People often don't really seek my help because it is usually on my terms and they find it too taxing to follow. Flexibility of the mind is probably true. The twist takes place when I bend the top phalanges backward. i don't think the ulnar side is shorter but difficult to tell.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

zaobhand wrote:
Patti wrote:I read the caption and first thing that came to mind - twisted fingers means twisted. lol! and then I saw it was about your own fingers. Wink (uh oh I'm in a strange humor mood today)

Haha. I like the twist in the story. Gna...gna I can somewhat "bend backwards" to help people, but not to appease. People often don't really seek my help because it is usually on my terms and they find it too taxing to follow. Flexibility of the mind is probably true. The twist takes place when I bend the top phalanges backward. i don't think the ulnar side is shorter but difficult to tell.

Laughing
Thanks for the feedback. If pleasing were the interpretation, then markings in the hand would show that. Such as many influence and empathy lines.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Patti, Interesting. Could you remind me what you mean by influence lines? Thanks
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

zaobhand wrote:Patti, Interesting. Could you remind me what you mean by influence lines? Thanks

Lines that radiate out from inside the life line.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Doesn't Fincham call these stress lines?
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:10 pm

zaobhand wrote:Doesn't Fincham call these stress lines?
stress, worry, influence... etc. They are lines that show something in your world is disrupting things.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Patti wrote:
stress, worry, influence... etc. They are lines that show something in your world is disrupting things.

I guess "influence" can be milder for people to hear relative to worry and stress. It is not clear how to relate influence to worry and stress (English-wise).

Last edited by zaobhand on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:50 am

zaobhand wrote:
Patti wrote:

I guess "influence" can be milder for people to hear relative to worry and stress. It is not clear how to relate influence to worry and stress (English-wise).

If a person is sensitive to and aware of other people's projections at them, the degree of this sensitivity and their response to this sensitivity can show in these lines. People who don't worry and stress about things, but instead tend to deal with what comes their way head on, lack these lines.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:14 am

It makes sense that people's response to sensitivity can show in these lines. Still the naming convention "influence" doesn't sound fitting to me, perhaps because I'm not really native English speaker. Have you noticed radial loop on index people exhibiting more of these lines? Not sure though whether this marking are more aware of people's projection at them than ulnar loops.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 am

Hi Boaz,

Regarding:
"It makes sense that people's response to sensitivity can show in these lines. Still the naming convention "influence" doesn't sound fitting to me".

Here the people are "responding to this sensitivity(to others projection)". In effect, they are "influenced".
Does this make it clear?

B.t.w. Boaz, can you touch the moon zone of your palm from the thumb of the same hand? Just curious to know.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Kiran,

I think a name should be self-contained like a good title of a book or article. It doesn't require an explanation through another concept. I am also not sure that being influenced (sensitive to other people's projection on them) is the primary cause of stress and worry.

I can't reach the lunar quadrant with my thumb. It barely touches the heart line.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 am

Are you saying the term "influence" is of wider meaning and shouldn't be used here?
And in my understanding, "being influenced" is also the cause of stress.
For ex: The bearer of these lines does few things to consider other's wishes and needs, though, he/she isn't comfortable with it. Or others are interferring in the activities of the life of the bearer of these lines, causing them stress/worry.

If one accepts the influence and are progressing about it, it won't appear as a stress.
But, if the same influence is resisted or is hindering the progress, then its a stress/worry on the bearer of these lines.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 am

"Being influenced" is not "influence". I am searching the dictionary for an adjective that means "being influenced". Perhaps someone has suggestion. Yes, I did say that being influenced is cause for stress but not sure about its being the primary cause for stress. Its an interesting idea though and may hold true. Thinking about this now. It makes sense that when one 'considers' other people they will be more stressful. It suggests that if someone does not consider other people, they will not be stressed?

How about complaisant? http://thesaurus.com/browse/complaisant
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 am

Now, I got what you're saying.
Yes, here "influence lines" mean that the subject is influenced and not that the subject has the ability to influence. Instead of saying "being influenced", it can be said that - "someone is influencing the subject".

Regarding: "It makes sense that when one 'considers' other people they will be more stressful. It suggests that if someone does not consider other people, they will not be stressed?":
- It doesn't matter when one consider's other people or not. But, what matters is whether its causing progress or digressing the growth and more importantly, how the subject is receiving the ideas/the interference of the others in his life. If its causing digress and the subject isn't accepting the ideas/interference of others, he/she is stressed/worried.

Based on what I have written above, complaisant doesn't suite to be the right word.

Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:50 am

Btw, I studied tabla for a month or so, but it was difficult to get the proper sounds with the index finger. The teacher thought it was because of the flexibility of top phalange. He advised me to study sitar.. That my hands are more suited for the sitar.. funny.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:55 am

lol!
That's an interesting topic for research on the flexibity of the fingers v/s musical nstruments Smile
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:58 am

He also mentioned that in his experience tabla players have more of a solid type of body and hand. Personally I think anyone can do anything, and I'm sure there are good tabla players with my hand-type, but on average it may make sense that tabla attracts people with earthier hands.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Kiran.Katawa wrote:Now, I got what you're saying.
Yes, here "influence lines" mean that the subject is influenced and not that the subject has the ability to influence. Instead of saying "being influenced", it can be said that - "someone is influencing the subject".

Regarding: "It makes sense that when one 'considers' other people they will be more stressful. It suggests that if someone does not consider other people, they will not be stressed?":
- It doesn't matter when one consider's other people or not. But, what matters is whether its causing progress or digressing the growth and more importantly, how the subject is receiving the ideas/the interference of the others in his life. If its causing digress and the subject isn't accepting the ideas/interference of others, he/she is stressed/worried.

Based on what I have written above, complaisant doesn't suite to be the right word.

Your reply makes the name "influence lines" seem even less sensible. A person can become stressed due to many reasons among them how they are perceiving interference of others in their lives. A name should be clear and unambiguous. The fact that we are working so hard to understand this name, doesn't bode well. The meaning should pop up instantaneously. Or perhaps I'm still not understanding it...
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Okay. Yeah, may be that I have heard it so many times and I know its meaning and the effect and so the term "influence", immediately gets me a picture of what it indicates, though it has a broader perspective.
Since, these are subsidary markings,may be there hasn't been a single term for them. Jennifer Hirsh calls them "Worry Lines" in her "Craft_of_Hand_Reading_A4" book.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Fincham calls them stress lines and apparently Jennifer calls them worry lines, which are more intuitive to me. Let's see if Patti will comment on this. Thanks
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Regarding using the term influence for the lines that radiate out from inside the life line, I think Kiran has picked up the understanding of it that I wanted to convey.

The implications of markings in the hands can not always be defined by a single word and a group of words can be helpful.

Where you will find these lines the most frequently are on mothers who stop what they are doing (in life, and in each day taking care of family) to attend to the needs of others. Their life is filled with interruptions. Their days and directions they take are influenced by others. This is a sacrifice of love. They are concerned for their loved ones and give up what they would rather be doing (a career or day at the salon Wink )

People who have difficulty being strong and making decisions for themselves will also have too many lines.

People who have been weakened by health problems will have too many lines here too.

One or two lines only, (more frequent in men of few lines) will most likely relate to extremely important times, marriage, birth of a child, death of a loved one, loss of job etc.

People overly sensitive to what others think will have too many lines here. Those are the pleasers. Leaning index finger toward the thumb will empasize this. All fingers leaning would exaggerate this.

etc.

These are things that stress you out, cause you worry and influence the minor and major decisions of daily life.

The length, depth and quality of the line shows how much the situation made an impact. The strength of the life line and inner Mars lines show the quality of resistance to the influences.

People who lack these lines are not sensitive to outside interference or influence. They may lack awareness that they were supposed to notice something. These people are usually men and strong willed.

Does this help?
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm

It helps a lot. Very informative and interesting. Still I think the name "stress or worry lines" fits better since it encompasses all the scenarios. But they have more of a negative connotation. I'm starting to get used to "Influence lines" but as I hear it I can't help starting to think what does this mean, rather have the content encapsulated by the name.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:33 pm

zaobhand wrote:It helps a lot. Very informative and interesting. Still I think the name "stress or worry lines" fits better since it encompasses all the scenarios. But they have more of a negative connotation. I'm starting to get used to "Influence lines" but as I hear it I can't help starting to think what does this mean, rather have the content encapsulated by the name.

The hands do not oblige this. It's also the cause for misconceptions and narrows a very broad concept that shouldn't be viewed in isolation into a simplified label.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next