Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 55 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Voting17Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Voting19Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Voting18 
puneet
Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Voting17Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Voting19Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type

4 posters

Go down

Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Empty Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type

Post  anand_palm Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:39 am

Hello all

Just a curious question, why do use saturn finger as a measure to find hand type for identifying fire or air hand or water hand or other hand types. Why cannot we average all the fingers length (inclusive or exclusive of thumb) with respect to palm length for categorizing hand types.

Thanks
Anand

Last edited by anand_palm on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add)
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Empty Re: Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type

Post  kiwihands Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am

Hi Anand,

I have never come across the idea of the length of the Saturn finger determining hand type. To my knowledge many factors need to be taken into account - finger length (in relation to palm length) is just one of them. You'd also have to look at the quality and colour of the lines, skin texture, dermatoglyphics, etc.

Hope this helps!
wave

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type Empty Re: Why do we use saturn finger as a measure for identifying hand type

Post  Lynn Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:29 am

In the 5 element system, we don't talk about 'hand type' because every hand is a mixture of all elements. Saturn (earth) finger is used to determine hand shape. But you also take into account if Saturn finger is short (by looking at apollo and jupiter in relation to Saturn).
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:46 am

Hello Kiwihands, Lynn

Thanks for your inputs, i was thinking for the elemental sysem categorization they use the same concept. Anyway then why do they use saturn finger for determing hand shape.
Please have a look at this website http://www.astropalmistry.com/basics.html. Here they categorize based on short, long fingers and fingers to palm ratio.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:49 am

Hello Kiwihands, Lynn

This is another website which gives the method.

http://www.edcampbell.com/Water_Hand-A.htm

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi Anand,

thanks for the links! The first one leads to a 404 error message, but I could read the second one. There, Ed himself gives the rationale for using the middle finger in determining the ratio of finger length to palm length when he says "Finger length is measured by comparing the length of the palm with the length of the middle finger (usually the longest) [...] The palm length is measured from the base of the middle finger to the wrist."
So there are two reasons:
1) If the palm is measured in the middle, it makes sense to continue measuring along the same line rather than shifting across to the left or right.
2) The middle finger is usually the longest.

wave

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 pm

re
Please have a look at this website http://www.astropalmistry.com/basics.html Here they categorize based on short, long fingers and fingers to palm ratio.

I have removed the full stop from the end of the link, so it should now work kiwi.
I accessed the link Anand but I can't see where it talks about the categorization you mention.

Ed's link is about a water shape hand. As kiwi says, he explains why Saturn finger is used. You can also compare length of saturn to width of palm to get a better idea of finger/palm ratio & shape.
I don't see how you could use any other finger to determine hand shape? what's your problem with it anand?

EDIT - PS I found the page you are talking about Anand
http://www.astropalmistry.com/chirognomy.html
That's the same system that I use for hand shape, with Saturn finger being the one to measure and compare with the palm to ascertain short or long fingers in relation to palm.

Square palm + short fingers = Earth Hand
Square palm + long fingers = Air Hand
Oblong palm + short fingers = Fire Hand
Oblong palm + long fingers = Water hand
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 am

Hello Lynn, Kiwi

Thanks for your reply, since we use hand one unit, my immediate question was why can we take fingers as a complete set (which could be averaging the length of fingers) and the making it as a different categories.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 am

Anand, I'm not sure how you would do that? there would be too many variations to use all fingers in classifying hand shape. With everything on the hand, we look at all aspects individually and together with other aspects. Hand shape is just one (general) aspect. Finger length - individual fingers and relative to each other - is another (more specific) thing to look at.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Hello Lynn, Kiwi

The length and breadth of the hand does not have any variation, the variation exist only among the thumb and other fingers. my point is how would the variation be accomdated in categorizing somethingh as fire, air ect..

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:53 pm

anand_palm wrote:Hello Lynn, Kiwi

The length and breadth of the hand does not have any variation, the variation exist only among the thumb and other fingers. my point is how would the variation be accomdated in categorizing somethingh as fire, air ect..

Thanks
Anand

Hi Anand,
I'm curious about what you mean by the "length and breadth of the hand does not have any variation". Remember the report from the Koreans from last year where they created a grid for mapping out the palms. Others have attempted this method in the past, too. One of the problems with the grid working is that not all human palms are square.

There are parts of the hands that we can study by various methods from various authors, such as hand shapes. Some systems refer to hands shaped like squares or conic where others speak of earth or air etc. I'm aware of these systems and their use and keep those thoughts in the back of my head while doing readings. But, as Lynn points out, most hands are mixed and do not fit into pure types matching people's systems.

After a lot of practice looking at a wide spectrum of hands, you just notice the general shape of a hand in front of you, eyeball the subtle differences in lengths and widths, thick and thin etc. throughout the hand and apply that information to what is known about the areas that are wider or more narrow than usual.

The human body is generally proportioned in a mathematical way. People have measured horses by 'hands'. My grandmother taught me how to measure off a yard of fabric stretching it from my nose out to my fingers and learning just how far I had to turn my face to make it exact.

I often will compare the hand to a person's face.
Placing the chin into the little hollow space at the wrist and flattening the hand against the face - the fingertips that just about reach the hairline are considered normal for that individual. Of course this doesn't work too well on bald people Very Happy
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello Patti

an interesting thingh about hand you have mentioned on measurement with relvance to face ct.. it is interesting to note how every culture have the similar concept. we have saying that a human hand measurement when measured from tip of longest finger to palm length would be equal to 1/8 times the total height of the human body ( or in other words the human body height would be 8 times the length measured from tip of finger to the palm end) and they draw an analogy stating that even if an ant measures its whole body with its own hand in the same fashion then its length would be also 8 times the length of its hand measurement. I have done this on mine and it holds true.

Thanks
Anand

anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Hello Patti, Lynn

In fact when i was typing that hand length and breadth has no variation i thought i made a mistake and felt lazy to correct it. i agree there is variaiton but not in large amount when a comparison is done with respect to fingers. The finger variaition is larger due to mercury finger and thumb. the width of palm would varying based on the high and low set of fingers as well as the wrist width and the lenght of palm would be due percussion area and mount of mercury curve and the thumb side length (which may be shorter).

My question is how would you proceed. do you take average of finger length and average of variaiton acrros length and breadth of palm.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:58 am

great reply Patti! Anand I am glad you had second thoughts about your comment "The length and breadth of the hand does not have any variation." because, as you know, they can have big variations!

Anand re
The finger variaition is larger due to mercury finger and thumb. the width of palm would varying based on the high and low set of fingers as well as the wrist width and the lenght of palm would be due percussion area and mount of mercury curve and the thumb side length (which may be shorter).

My question is how would you proceed. do you take average of finger length and average of variaiton acrros length and breadth of palm.

The finger variation can be due to any fingers! eg the 2D:4D studies, (jupiter & apollo). Width of palm across the centre of the palm does not depend on setting of fingers? Length of palm, measured from base of Saturn finger down to centre of wrist does not depend in any way on percussion, Mercury mounts/ ulna side curve, thumb side length etc. I think you are trying to conflate all the various hand features into hand shape? or "hand type"?

re how to proceed - take palm length measurements from middle of wrist to base of Saturn finger, take palm width measurement across the centre of the palm, compare these to Saturn finger length and you have a hand shape. Then you can look at individual & relative finger lengths & settings, which are the most developed mounts,,, etc. One step at a time, then put it all together like a jigsaw to make up a picture of the person. Does this help Anand?
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 am

Hello Lynn

Sorry i reveresed, length variaiton occurs due to the setting of the fingers like mercury has low set and saturn high set. the width variaiton occurs due tto he percussion curve (when you measure from mount of mount and thumb end) and mercury mount curve (when you measure from jupiter end to mercury end) and wrist width and top palm width.

I think i making mistakes while iam typing and thinking. lack of coordination between what iam thinking and what iam typing.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 am

Hello Patti and Lynn

I have to look at the korean research, i forgot about it. Hello Lynn, iam still not convinced but there is has to be some starting point. Thanks for your inputs.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down